Search Search  
Today's Messages (OFF)  | Unanswered Messages (ON)

Forum: Suggestions
 Topic: Modifying quantity in shopping cart before going to Checkout
Modifying quantity in shopping cart before going to Checkout [message #117780] Sat, 20 June 2015 12:26 UTC
avatar sbhunterca  is currently offline sbhunterca
Go to my shop
This morning, I had an e-mail from a customer who was having difficulty in ordering some of my kits.

He accidentally selected an item too many times, ending up with too many in his shopping cart. He quit the process, came back, tried ordering the number he wanted, but of course SW remembered him and he ended up with way too many.

Of course, we know the number can be corrected in Checkout, but this isn't necessarily intuitive for our customers.

Would it be possible to put an option in the popup that opens showing the shopping cart, which would allow one to change the quantity right there? It seems like this should be a reasonably easy addition, and many other sites have this feature.

I think this would make the shopping process more comfortable for customers who might be new to online shopping. I am very grateful that this gentleman knew my e-mail address and contacted me for help. How many sales are we, and SW, losing because customers feel they are being trapped in a purchase they don't want, and bail out?

Steve Hunter
 Topic: prioritization of uploaded pictures
prioritization of uploaded pictures [message #117296] Sat, 13 June 2015 11:18 UTC
avatar railNscale  is currently offline railNscale
Go to my shop
Hello,

OK. Uploading of pictures is improved. The prioritization could be improved.
Why are the ranking arrows upside-down?
The Prio number is a rank.
Say, I want a picture to raise in rank from position '7' to '3', I automatically would hit the 'arrow-up'.
At SW however you need to hit the 'arrow-down'. That is not very intuitive.

Can you please change this?

Thanks,
Maurice

railNscale 'Een verrijking voor uw miniatuurwereld' railNscale.wordpress.com
 Topic: Miniatures - Props
Miniatures - Props [message #116788] Sat, 06 June 2015 06:08 UTC
avatar Freakazoitt  is currently offline Freakazoitt
Go to my shop
How about "Miniatures -> Props" section? I have many thing that not furniture/figures/vehivleds
 Topic: New CSV-configuration file for full control of shop
New CSV-configuration file for full control of shop [message #116751] Fri, 05 June 2015 15:56 UTC
avatar panguver  is currently offline panguver
Go to my shop
Hi,

I suggest to solve several problems by easiest way by new CSV-wizard for shop items. Please see it
index.php?t=getfile&id=103259&private=0

If similar wizard will be implemented, designer could be make next things:

1. Add/edit descriptions for all models models in shop manually or via Excel formulas.
2. Add/edit tags manually or via Excel formulas.
3. Apply shop sections to models.
4. Mark models public/private manually or via Excel formulas.
5. Place models in to shop (mark/unmark for sales).
6. Edit names of models by easy way.

Also I suggest add printability info to current csv-table like you can see below

index.php?t=getfile&id=103260&private=0

As result all designers will be able to mark materials for sales on the base of printability test manually or via Excel formulas. Now it possible without printability test info. I create models for cast metals mainly and already set materials for sale from my markup Excel configurator via current csv wizard successfully.

Thank you for attention.

Topic: Is it possible to add premium finishes
Is it possible to add premium finishes [message #116425] Fri, 29 May 2015 20:23 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi,

I think it is good idea to add professional finishes and plates for manufacture jewellery in professional quality "like Tiffani jewelry". How many it would be costs?

What do you think about?
 Topic: Iron / Bronze Matrix
Iron / Bronze Matrix [message #116392] Fri, 29 May 2015 15:09 UTC
avatar wsimonton3  is currently offline wsimonton3
Go to my shop
Will you be adding/consider adding ExOne Iron/Bronze Matrix to your your available metals?

Some aspects of machining the 420 Stainless/Bronze (drilling, tapping and filing) which are difficult in 420 Stainless/Bronze would be alleviated with a Iron/Bronze matrix.
 Topic: Lubrication Compatability
Lubrication Compatability [message #115915] Fri, 22 May 2015 20:03 UTC
avatar barvec  is currently offline barvec
Go to all my models
It would be nice to add to the material specs area, information about what lubricants can be used with the various plastics Shapeways offers. Even doing an Internet search does not yield very much information and one has to dig pretty far down to get what info is available.

Also, any additional info on compatability with everyday chemicals might be helpful.

Thanks!

Barvec
 Topic: On improving render quality
On improving render quality [message #115852] Thu, 21 May 2015 18:06 UTC
avatar MrNibbles  is currently offline MrNibbles
Go to my shop
I've been playing around with uploading renders in some cases where the Shapeways render is a bit lacking in detail. I find this to be very common with WSF or pWSF materials and sometimes stainless. I generally limit an uploaded render to the default material because uploading renders for every material would be silly but for the primary displayed image I want the best render available if I don't have a photo. However when I upload a render for a default material and select it as the primary image the Shapeways render for that material is still lurking in the image bar. Being able to disable the Shapeways render in a material IF a render in the same material has been uploaded would be awesome.

Here is an example drink coaster product with a couple of uploaded render attempts.
http://shpws.me/HK5p

First the old Shapeways generic render. A lot of detail is missing.
https://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_1066974_10380449_1431901512.jpg

Second the Shapeways WSF render. A lot of detail is again missing.
https://images2.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_1066974_10380559_1431901833.jpg

An attempt to highlight edges with some crazy sequence of Photoshop filters and adjustments. Still not great, possibly worse.
https://images2.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_1066974_10383669_1431901512.jpg

And finally a Tinkercad render that shows excellent detail by highlighting edges.
https://images2.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_1066974_10422292_1431901512.jpg

Another option is to improve the Shapeways renders with an edge highlighting overlay or something similar for those cases. Anything that limits a material render to a single image on the image bar to reduce confusion would be the goal.
 Topic: Embed Youtube to Forum
Embed Youtube to Forum [message #115758] Wed, 20 May 2015 17:28 UTC
avatar HappyFox  is currently offline HappyFox
Go to my shop
Hi guys,

I don't know if this is it's only me being a noob or it's not possible to embed youtube video to the forum.
When I'm sharing my work in the "Work in Progress" thread it would be really beneficial to share youtube videos. And not just the link but embed it properly. Either turn tables, either time elapses.
People seems to missing it otherwise and I can understand. Other forums usually have this feature. Please tell me how to do it if it's possible.

Thank you in advance.
 Topic: Tagging with NOT
Tagging with NOT [message #115075] Mon, 04 May 2015 20:46 UTC
avatar aryser  is currently offline aryser
Go to my shop
I like the tagging function.
It would be practical to have also in addition a "NOT" function.
for example "CUBE" for all assets containing CUBE and
"-CUBE" for all assets NOT containing CUBE.
It would help me to clean up my tagging easier.

Topic: LaTeX functionality in forums
LaTeX functionality in forums [message #114790] Fri, 01 May 2015 02:38 UTC
avatar shawn_halayka  is currently offline shawn_halayka
Go to my shop
It would be a nice if the forums supported LaTeX functionality. It would be useful for anyone that wants to explain how their mathematical models are made. Thank you,
 Topic: Ability to move and order store sections en masse
Ability to move and order store sections en masse [message #114771] Thu, 30 April 2015 16:31 UTC
avatar draw  is currently offline draw
Go to my shop
If you have a store section with 30 products, let's say dedicated to ornaments for Kerplunkle Day, you might want to move all the ornaments to the front of the store for an entire month before Kerplunkle Day. Right now you need to dig in to the display order tool and change the order of all 30 products one at a time as opposed to just moving the entire store section. And then move them back after Kerplunkle Day.

One way to do this would be to change the display orders of entire store sections in the store view, as opposed to the default of having them displayed in alphabetical order, but then also tracking these changes by altering the overall display order of products in the individual store sections to do automatic bulk moves. So for example, if my Kerplunkle Day ornaments were in display order positions 51 through 81, simply moving the store section to the top of the list would change all those Kerplunkle position indices to 1 through 30, and indices for other section's products would be pushed back as appropriate.

Another day another idea...
 Topic: Defragment shop inventory display order numbers
Defragment shop inventory display order numbers [message #114728] Thu, 30 April 2015 05:08 UTC
Go to my shop
I can't figure out why sometimes the display order in the store is different than what is set in the shop inventory display order. It seems like things can be fixed by swapping the problematic out of order products back and forth in the inventory list so the system finally resets to the proper order. At least it seems that way. And with some display order changes gaps appear between elements in the display numbers, i.e. numbers are skipped. It seems as if going through the entire list of items in the store and making sure they are sequentially numbered also keeps problems to a minimum. But what a royal pain that task is to perform one by one.

Anyway, I'd propose a defragmentation button on the Shop Inventory page that renumbers all the elements in the list, begins the list at 1, and eliminates all numeric gaps between items - under the assumption that this could simplifiy the ordering process, show the exact number of items in the inventory list (as in the order number of the last item on the list), and might reset the display ordering lists for those unknown weird problems that can appear out of nowhere.

Topic: Carbon 3D clip Technology
Carbon 3D clip Technology [message #114571] Sun, 26 April 2015 17:27 UTC
avatar rkapuaala  is currently offline rkapuaala
Go to my shop
I saw this demostration on Clip technology a few months ago. I was very impressed with the speed the resolution of the finished product and the assortment of materials available. I noticed that they are getting support from autodesk so I was wondering how soon we can expect this technology to be available on Shapeways?
http://carbon3d.com/
 Topic: Options for where public models can be viewed.
Options for where public models can be viewed. [message #114491] Fri, 24 April 2015 20:13 UTC
Go to my shop
I would assume that there are some longer range development plans for the user Creations view. It's a jumbled and unordered view of products-public-and-for-sale and models-public-but-not-for-sale. I'd like to eventually see the ability to somewhat control this list to make it more useful.

The basic premise would be to add some click boxes within the model editor to control where a model is displayed, assuming it is public - in the 1) Creations list, 2) store, or 3) both. A logical place to add this control would be in the model edit Selling section below the public/for sale selectors. Primarily his would enable the ability to not duplicate the display of an item in the Creations view to reduce the clutter.

And thinking forward to the variant problem it could also enable a store owner to house variants in the Creations list without cluttering up the store view. So let's say you have a ring or widget with 10 variations public-and-for-sale but you would prefer to show only one reference to this item in your store. You could set one ring size for public-for-sale and visible in the store view but set all the other variants as public-for-sale but visible in the Creations view. This allows a browser to view a list with previews of the variants if they want to; just not in the store view. You would need to add links to the variants within the item shown in the store to make this work well. Or as I mentioned elsewhere the development of a public-but-not-for-sale variant container displayed in the store could semi-automate the generation of links to the variants and enable purchase from within the variant container.

Variants could also be housed in a new dedicated 3rd view list if that makes more sense, or a separate view list dedicated to just that group of variants.

Users without a store would simply have the Creations list and would not need to declare where each model is visible.

Also there's the issue of setting the order of items in the Creations view to make it less jumbly. It seems like the easiest first step to doing this would be to use the store display order, if the user has a store, and to provide the display order tool to designers without a store.

I bet these ideas would cause all sorts of complications to other tools and set-ups within the site, but hey, it's time for Happy Hour!

Topic: Customer Surveys
Customer Surveys [message #112827] Wed, 25 March 2015 20:45 UTC
avatar Stephen_Arsenault  is currently offline Stephen_Arsenault
Go to my shop
It would be very handy if we could include a brief survey after the purchase of a product. Even more if we could offer a small discount for the completion of the survey prior to the completion of the sale (this ties into a previous request).
 Topic: navigation improvements
navigation improvements [message #112644] Sun, 22 March 2015 01:43 UTC
avatar rkapuaala  is currently offline rkapuaala
Go to my shop
Hi,
I have noticed that navigating from my models directly to my shop lately is some what a hassle. To get to my shop I have one of two options. Select the inventory link at the top of the models page and then find a model that is in my shop and then click on the shop link at the top of that model page. Is there anyway to add a link in the drop down menu for my account that goes directly to the shop?
It would also be great if once I saved the model detail page the orientation of the model would be saved to instead of having to wait for long periods of time on the detail page for the model to render in the various materials I want to offer it in. I avoid selecting multiple materials because I just don't have time to wait for them all to render.
 Topic: Right uploading to Shapeways
Right uploading to Shapeways [message #112593] Fri, 20 March 2015 18:43 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi,

There I suggest more easy procedure of uploading and placing models for sales. It could be in next stages:

1. Bulk uploading (ANY files simultaneous) mode as it works on Competitor, Turbosquid and all components (model + all photos + text descriptions/tags) mode as is on CGtrader right now.
2. Adding pictures if it needs and selecting materials for sale and default material. Window with recognized description (from text-file), recognized tags, categories... Window with poses (reverting axis MUST be presented for correct positioning). And button "make renders" (only manual start). Button "check for printability" available for work (as example, on-top of page).
3. Configuring %+$ fees base on default settings (non-Zero as now) if needs. Buttons "visible" and "offer for sale". Button "Preview product". Button "check for printability" available for work (as example, on-top of page).
4. Button "check for printability". If designer want to see results then will go (by pressing button on-top of page) to analysis tab similar current tab "Model". More over, checks will processed only for sellable materials (for safe of servers). Button "SAVE" to shop/store. When pressed "SAVE" the check procedure will start automatically. After that the unprintable materials will disabled for sale and model becomes in designer's shop in applicable materials only (from selected list by designer on stage 2). Also after it will start render engine for applicable sellable materials only (for safe of servers).

If model not for sale, "SAVE" button saves model to store (to My model) only.

Done. Welcome for discussion. If Shapeways will interested, I am able to draw interface completely.

PS. All other functions would be placed in finish stage. More over, all uploading page can be single, without any tabs with presented buttons "check for printability", "create renders", "Preview Product" and "configuring %+$ fees". "My model" and "Shop Inventory" needs to be joined in my opinion.
 Topic: Add invert gray scale option in 2D to 3D tool
Add invert gray scale option in 2D to 3D tool [message #112551] Fri, 20 March 2015 04:19 UTC
avatar MrNibbles  is currently offline MrNibbles
Go to my shop
It would be convenient to have an option button to invert gray scale image inputs before generating the 3D file. Sometimes you want what's up to be down and what's down to be up. Other similar tools like the ring tool would also benefit.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 March 2015 04:21 UTC]

Topic: I suggest kill default material/image bug forever.
I suggest kill default material/image bug forever. [message #111919] Tue, 10 March 2015 10:00 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi,

How you could be kill default material/image bug forever? Just will make next:

1. Create button in first uploading tab ("Model") "Make all printable materials available for sale".
2. Also add small buttons on each material "For sale" for custom selections of materials.
3. Make one of these buttons strongly selectable as material by default (special color mark, special symbol inside, etc).
4. When checks was done, in next tab all user will be able to add pics and set material for each picture and default picture if needed. Also user will no needed to set default material in last tab ("selling") and coming back to second tab for define materials for each pics and default picture.

Well done with no any problem. More over, it will make uploading process faster and more easy. May be, last tab would become no needs.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 March 2015 10:02 UTC]

Topic: Is it possible add current picture to Twitter's tweet?
Is it possible add current picture to Twitter's tweet? [message #111875] Mon, 09 March 2015 12:20 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi,

If I created tweet via Twitter, I am able add picture as you can see.

index.php?t=getfile&id=92400&private=0

Can I make similar tweets via Shapeways? At present I cannot add visible picture when share my model in shop.

Thanks!

Topic: Personalised text or message on a product
Personalised text or message on a product [message #111637] Thu, 05 March 2015 21:24 UTC
avatar nicodegunst  is currently offline nicodegunst
Go to all my models
Hi,

I am looking at the option of printing 100+ casings for a product I am making and I would be awesome if I could get some sort of serial number imprinted in them automatically, without uploading a new file for each case.

I can imagine selecting a face on the model on which a text can be added, then add the ordering step, you can enter the text that must be imprinted. Possibly from a (limited) number of fonts and sizes.

This text could either be added by changing the 3d model before printing, or the model could be engraved after it has been printed.

Besides serial numbers, I reckon this feature would be great to offer personalisation services to anyone selling an object, like a ring or a pendant. Same as you would have your ipod engraved when ordering it from Apple.

I would definitely be a printing feature that could make shapeways stand out from the other online printing services.
 Topic: Please add function "sell all printable materials"
Please add function "sell all printable materials" [message #111608] Thu, 05 March 2015 11:36 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi,

Could you like to add simple button "sell all printable materials" in Selling Tab? It macro would be pick "Sell this material" automatically for all printable materials. Then would be great if I will set prices by csv/configurator and mark items as available for others by setting "for sale" directly in csv file also.

Thanks for attention.
 Topic: Notification when customer cancels order
Notification when customer cancels order [message #111459] Tue, 03 March 2015 20:26 UTC
avatar Brian_Richardson  is currently offline Brian_Richardson
Go to my shop
As the title says, a notification to the designer when a customer cancels their order. This would allow the designer to contact the customer (assuming they're not a guest) to find out why they cancelled their order.
 Topic: Generate some success matrices for material classes
Generate some success matrices for material classes [message #111278] Fri, 27 February 2015 22:30 UTC
Go to my shop
Maybe I've missed them on the site, but how about generating some clarifying official print success matrix charts like this to help us limit materials in prototype orders to only necessary materials? You could generate these for different related material classes like stainless metals, detailed plastics, brasses, etc.

I'm not sure if this example is completely correct because things are complicated by polishing methods across various materials. I've notated it as unofficial so please nobody consider this to be valid until it gets an official seal of approval.

index.php?t=getfile&id=91130&private=0

Topic: Bambuser video in shop
Bambuser video in shop [message #110556] Sun, 15 February 2015 13:35 UTC
avatar lgrfbs  is currently offline lgrfbs
Go to my shop
Hi
I wishes for support for Bambuser video links in the product pages, in the same way as YouTube can be done.
A url example for a video on Bambuser: http://bambuser.com/v/5044043

Member of Report message to a moderator
 Topic: Renders are too pale
Renders are too pale [message #110534] Sun, 15 February 2015 10:22 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi all,

I suggest add the post-production for renders similar auto-adjust colors for raster images. Please see several examples.

index.php?t=getfile&id=89306&private=0

• Attachment: Graphic1.JPG
    (Size: 472.80KB, Downloaded 36 time(s))

Topic: Are Aluminum products possible?
Are Aluminum products possible? [message #109213] Fri, 30 January 2015 01:07 UTC
avatar c_hinson  is currently offline c_hinson
Go to all my models
I see that Shapeways does not offer Aluminum as a material that can be 3-D printed.
I also don't see ABS plastic.

Is this something that is forthcoming?

Thanks,
Clark
 Topic: Render Tool
Render Tool [message #109154] Thu, 29 January 2015 06:43 UTC
avatar berky93  is currently offline berky93
Go to my shop
Very often when I create a product I'll use Shapeways' built-in renders to get a sense of how it might look. Unfortunately, this is a rather complex process, made even more so by the fact that I prefer to not have the material renders visible on the product pages (something I assume I'm not alone in). In order to do so I have to:

1) enable the materials for sale
2) wait for the default pose to render
3) orient the model and set it to render
4) enable material renders
5) wait for the product page to update with the new renders
6) download or otherwise save the images I want
7) disable material renders

It would be really useful if there was a way to render and view images using the existing engine without having to go through all of that. Perhaps it could be integrated into the new 3D tools or elsewhere as a separate preview render tool. That way renders could be queued on-demand instead of automatically removing the wait time, and shop owners wouldn't have to enable them on product pages just to download an image.

Check out my new shop Illogical!
 Topic: Facebook / Adwords conversion tracking - need help from Shapeways so we can run ads for our products
Facebook / Adwords conversion tracking - need help from Shapeways so we can run ads for our products [message #108583] Thu, 22 January 2015 20:52 UTC
avatar UtorCase  is currently offline UtorCase
Go to my shop
Hello,

Facebook and Google Adwords let one run ads with conversion tracking and the campaign is auto optimized by them. For this, one would need to install so called conversion tracking for the shop.

Can Shapeways implement this feature? It is similar to showing the Google Analytics code on the shops page, but this one would show our conversion tracking javascript code on the checkout pages

Here is an inspiring story http://www.businessinsider.com/he-used-to-work-in-a-gas-stat ion--now-hes-making-millions-off-facebook-traffic-2014-3

and here is FB overview https://www.facebook.com/help/435189689870514/
 Topic: A link to the shop when viewing a profile
A link to the shop when viewing a profile [message #108413] Mon, 19 January 2015 23:28 UTC
avatar NikkruGadgets  is currently offline NikkruGadgets
Go to my shop
Hi,

I have often found myself looking at a profile of a designer and being curious about the work they've done but there is no link to see their designs or shop.
The only way is to click on the link to the last message and then click on link in the forum message header.

It would be neat if that link would be in the profile as well.

Organic, miniatures, visualization and animation http://www.nikkrugadgets.de/home/home-eng/
 Topic: Exempting articulating designs from polishing box size rules
Exempting articulating designs from polishing box size rules [message #107965] Thu, 15 January 2015 19:53 UTC
Go to my shop
I posted this in the 3D printing thread. It is probably best logged here.

https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=24219 &start=0&

In essence articulated designs may be designed to minimize price and maximize machine efficiency but can be rejected in polished materials because of a smaller polishing box size limitation even though they would fit in the polisher after printing. So looking for a better check, automated or manual, that removes the rejection for such cases. Or invest in a larger polishing machine that does not clash with the printer rules.
 Topic: manage "my models"
manage "my models" [message #105911] Mon, 22 December 2014 18:42 UTC
avatar aryser  is currently offline aryser
Go to my shop
I have many objects and miss a possibility to cluster them and to move from one to the next. (I could not find a existing thread)

Two ideas for the Shapeways site:

1. Creat the possibility to move within a selection/search: add arrows "previous" and "next"
index.php?t=getfile&id=82270&private=0

2. Add a text field to the object where owner can give a short text to sort. (cube1, cube2, housebig1, ......)
Add "private sort" in to this selection.
index.php?t=getfile&id=82271&private=0
This or something better would help me a lot!

thanks
aryser

• Attachment: next.JPG
    (Size: 11.88KB, Downloaded 56 time(s))

• Attachment: sort.JPG
    (Size: 12.96KB, Downloaded 54 time(s))

Topic: More and Better Customization Options
More and Better Customization Options [message #104151] Tue, 02 December 2014 13:14 UTC
avatar LuCh  is currently offline LuCh
Go to my shop
Hi

I'm selling my first customizable model and I immediately bumpt into a few issues so I have a few suggestions to further improve it.

1) The ability to change the order of the user input options in the Custumization Settings box. Eg.: by dragging or a number text box

2) Adding pop-up options. Eg.: First only radio buttons, depending on which radio button you select you get another input type like a textbox

3) The ability to upload different versions of a model and giving the user the ability to choose between these and also if he/she wants customization or not. This way the process gets sped up a lot since the designer doesn't have to upload for every option or in case of different sizes (eg.: rings) the designer doesn't have to make a new page for every single size.
Eg. for a ring combined with 2) the options could be: two radio buttons with regular and customize, if you select regular you get a drop down list with sizes, if you select customize you get the options for the customization.

4) The ability to review a customized model in the Co-Creator To Do List after uploading just like you would regularly with a viewer and basic checks. At least something more then only "succes".

I hope everything is clear? Please let me know if it isn't.
If I think of something else I'll add it to the list and if someone else thinks of something feel free to make a suggestion yourself.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 December 2014 13:16 UTC]

Bavo aka LuCh from Tree Deer
 Topic: Send model as gift to other users
Send model as gift to other users [message #104040] Mon, 01 December 2014 04:08 UTC
avatar ProjectMobius  is currently offline ProjectMobius
Go to my shop
I was thinking one day that it would be great if we could send our models to other users as gifts which means the owner of the models would pay the at cost. It would then add it to the cart of the 'giftee' until they check out the cart with other items (you don't want to make them pay for shipping for just an item you want to send them)

Or even a gift code that allows them to redeem the gift whenever they want.

Porfolio: http://www.project-mobius.com
 Topic: Pricing by default
Pricing by default [message #103957] Sat, 29 November 2014 14:39 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi all,

What are you think about smart control for pricing/designer's fees like on attached picture?

If any shop owner will able to set default settings for all possible materials/finishes, he will no need to use pricing by csv files.

More over, it's best way for setting discounts for groups of items in shop.

Thanks.

PS. No one wants to really dynamically control the prices without csv???

[Updated on: Tue, 23 December 2014 15:40 UTC]

Topic: Responsive Widget
Responsive Widget [message #103294] Thu, 20 November 2014 08:45 UTC
avatar Bathsheba  is currently offline Bathsheba
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
I'm redesigning my website to be completely responsive. More than half my viewers are on mobile or tablet devices, and it's way past time to get with the program.

The only thing left that's not responsive is your widget.

Can that be fixed?

Or at least fix the "cols" switch? That never worked right. If it worked I could do something dumb like hide a wide widget and display a narrower one for small devices or windows. Which would be better than what I've got now.

Thanks,

-Bathsheba
http://bathsheba.com
 Topic: Categories request
Categories request [message #103087] Mon, 17 November 2014 22:52 UTC
avatar frigate56  is currently offline frigate56
Go to my shop
I'm putting 1/1000 scale naval miniatures in my Shapeways store.
I want to add categories so shoppers can easily find them, but the existing categories and browsing options don't work adequately for my products.

1. On the edit screen for My Models, your "Miniatures" category is selectable, but there is no subcategory for ship or naval miniatures. Please add one.

2. Also, while the shopping interface offers a "Scale Models" category to visitors, the dropdown menu on the edit screen for my models doesn't show "Scale Models anywhere as a selectable category.

3. Finally, when I click on "Scale Models" on the shopping browser, the hyperlinks list only the following scales:
HO Scale
N-Scale
Z-Scale
1/144
1/160
1/900
1/1800
1/2400
Please add a 1/1000 scale option to this list.
 Topic: About shipping to Japan (expensive, non-express only)
About shipping to Japan (expensive, non-express only) [message #101675] Fri, 24 October 2014 01:11 UTC
avatar f8soulier  is currently offline f8soulier
Go to all my models
Hi,

Currently only standard shipping is available to Japan. It costs 19.95 and takes about 1 week to 10 days.
It is a bit expensive considering the delay.

I would gladly prefer to either pay 10 to 15 for this standard delivery, and have an Express Shipping option for time critical projects.

I quickly checked post.nl and UPS Netherlands prices, and I think shipments to Japan would be both much cheaper
(and actually faster) if the products were made in the US rather than in the Netherlands.

Thank you.

Topic: Showing status of unshipped orders when clicked into item sold
Showing status of unshipped orders when clicked into item sold [message #101540] Tue, 21 October 2014 13:10 UTC
avatar ProjectMobius  is currently offline ProjectMobius
Go to my shop
Hi

Its me again.

Currently we only show Order Date, Model Title, Model ID, Quantity and Total in the popup. Is it possible to include the status of the particular model? We get the status in the sales overview download so I thought it should be feasible to include that in the popup too? One problem I see though, is if someone orders multiple of the same model and these models might not get printed all at the same time depending on printer space, the queue and all that. Perhaps we can have two numbers one in green and one in the black that we have now under Quantity. Green means in production, black means processing etc. And we can show a check mark besides those that have all of the same model printed to show this model is fully complete.

Just a thought :)

Regards
Mobius

Porfolio: http://www.project-mobius.com
Pages (3): [1  2  3    »]

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.