Search Search  
Today's Messages (OFF)  | Unanswered Messages (ON)

Forum: It arrived!
 Topic: Minimal Jumble by OSKAR
Minimal Jumble by OSKAR [message #102123] Sat, 01 November 2014 08:58 UTC
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Minimal Jumble is a skeletal twisty puzzle, built to help understand the concept of jumbling. It can be seen as a Jaap's Sphere representation of Fairly Twisted.

Watch the YouTube video.
Buy the puzzle at my Shapeways Shop.
Read more at the Twisty Puzzles Forum.
Check out the photos below.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=76071&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=76072&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=76073&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=76074&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=76075&private=0

Topic: Rosetta Comet charm
Rosetta Comet charm [message #102048] Thu, 30 October 2014 21:04 UTC
avatar mygadgetlife  is currently offline mygadgetlife
Go to my shop
It's been a busy week... 2nd item arrived today ^_^

Modelled using data released by the ESA, this little charm could equally be used as a pendant or key ring attachment.

Shown here in polished grey steel and available in other metals and plastic in my shop, here.

Steven

index.php?t=getfile&id=75913&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=75914&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=75915&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=75916&private=0

• Attachment: image.jpg
    (Size: 30.49KB, Downloaded 74 time(s))

(Size: 27.54KB, Downloaded 74 time(s))

(Size: 41.56KB, Downloaded 73 time(s))

(Size: 46.35KB, Downloaded 74 time(s))

[Updated on: Sat, 01 November 2014 16:54 UTC]

Topic: Custom weapon system pack for Lego minifigs have arrived!
Custom weapon system pack for Lego minifigs have arrived! [message #101928] Wed, 29 October 2014 04:11 UTC
avatar ProjectMobius  is currently offline ProjectMobius
Go to my shop
As a huge LEGO fan, specially LEGO Star Wars, I had to make some custom weapons of my own. I think this is the ultimate level of loving LEGO, make your own!

So here they are, my first set of custom Lego Star Wars weapons 3d printed and fit the hands almost perfectly!!!! Kind of hard to see the fine details though because of the lighting and crappy iPhone 4 camera. But pretty happy overall!!

URL to product: https://www.shapeways.com/model/2644319/custom-weapon-system -pack-for-lego-minifigs.html

index.php?t=getfile&id=75752&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=75750&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=75751&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=75753&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=75754&private=0

Mobius

Porfolio: http://www.project-mobius.com
 Topic: Deep Cube by OSKAR
Deep Cube by OSKAR [message #101722] Fri, 24 October 2014 22:57 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Deep Cube is a make-over of the Bingo Cube. Bingo Cube was invented and built by Evgeniy Grigoriev, with support from Aleh Hladzilin based on an idea posted at the Twisty Puzzles Forum. It can be considered a two-layer variation to the Dual-Fold Floppy Cube by Sigurd Wedel.

Deep Cube is a so-called "deeper-than-origin-cut" twisty puzzle. Other examples are David Pitcher's award-winning Rotoprism 2 and Enabler Cube. Deep Cube has a big hole to show the core. This helps understanding the mechanism. Only two faces can turn, namely those not interfered by the big hole. Two layers always turn together because of the deeper-than-origin mechanism.

Deep Cube has a mechanism that locks and unlocks faces, similar to Bingo Cube. Whereas Bingo Cube has a special edge piece that unlocks the two centers that it is adjacent to, Deep Cube has locking pins in all edge pieces to locks faces together that are opposite the big hole. The mechanism of Deep Cube is similar to Enabler Cube, where the "enabler" piece disables rotation of opposite faces.

Watch the YouTube video.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=75344&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=75345&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=75346&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=75347&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=75348&private=0

[Updated on: Fri, 24 October 2014 22:57 UTC]

Topic: LIthophane Christmas Light Covers
LIthophane Christmas Light Covers [message #101559] Tue, 21 October 2014 19:34 UTC
avatar print3dsite  is currently offline print3dsite
Go to my shop
We're excited to announce the launch of our newest product! ...Lithophane Christmas Light Covers.
The hard part was perfecting our algorithm for the strong and flexible material. The prototype prints from Shapeways just got better and better.
Check out the video on our site: http://www.print3dforme.com

index.php?t=getfile&id=74946&private=0

[Updated on: Tue, 21 October 2014 19:35 UTC]

Topic: Future Soldier
Future Soldier [message #101533] Tue, 21 October 2014 11:48 UTC
avatar Speed  is currently offline Speed
Go to my shop
A new breed of soldier for a new breed of war. The Future Soldier was launched in 2020 to deal with close combat inner city warfare once the powers of the world realised that the time of the big bombs were gone and only elite infantry could win wars.

index.php?t=getfile&id=74910&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=74911&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=74912&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=74913&private=0

Check out the 'Future Soldier' Section in our shop:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/Speed

• Attachment: 001.jpg
    (Size: 132.15KB, Downloaded 105 time(s))

• Attachment: 002.jpg
    (Size: 102.08KB, Downloaded 108 time(s))

• Attachment: 003.jpg
    (Size: 100.71KB, Downloaded 106 time(s))

• Attachment: Future Soldier - Renders.jpg
    (Size: 915.07KB, Downloaded 108 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 21 October 2014 11:49 UTC]

Topic: Sword of Glory 2.0
Sword of Glory 2.0 [message #101516] Mon, 20 October 2014 20:40 UTC
avatar MortomerFaust  is currently offline MortomerFaust
Go to all my models
I was so stoked to have my second delivery from shapeways arrive! Any fans of Masters of the Universe Classics will want to pick up the Filmation version of He-Man's sword from evilmike!

[Updated on: Tue, 21 October 2014 06:02 UTC]

Topic: Full Turn Cube by OSKAR
Full Turn Cube by OSKAR [message #101405] Sat, 18 October 2014 10:51 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Twisty Puzzles fans,

Full Turn Cube is a fully non-functional 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube. Whereas Half Turn Cube supports only half turns (180), Full Turn Cube only supports full turns (360 degrees). This is achieved by offsetting all six rotation axes a bit.

The purpose of this non-puzzle is to demonstrate Rubik's style turning to children without the hassle of solving the puzzle every time that they scramble it. The purpose of this non-puzzle is also to confuse cubers for the amusement of its designer, and perhaps some inspiration to other cube designers.

Watch the YouTube video.
Buy this non-puzzle at my Shapeways Shop.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=74639&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=74640&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=74641&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=74642&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=74643&private=0

Topic: Teeny BMOs
Teeny BMOs [message #101315] Wed, 15 October 2014 23:22 UTC
avatar MrNibbles  is currently offline MrNibbles
Go to my shop
The color plastic process is a bit expensive so I shrunk them down. Here are three teeny BMO versions that arrived today.

.index.php?t=getfile&id=74372&private=0

The one at the left has no arms or legs to make it crushproof, but there are holes so you can add your own arms or legs using wire or your own 3D printed appendages. The middle one is pretty much the original version I started with but was crushed by overzealous shipping department bubble wrapping. The one on the right has leg pegs so it can be inserted into a diorama and it appears to be crush resistant.

Here's a better view of the middle mangled version.

index.php?t=getfile&id=74373&private=0

I think I will be able to bend the arms and legs back into position. But Shapeways, do you have gorillas or body builders wrapping your outgoing product? You spend all that time building these nice models and then you send them to the shipping department torture chamber. Is there a way to avoid this problem by ordering a gift box for delicate items that can be packed with cotton balls, mini-peanut packing, or something else to gently cradle them during shipping? These are the little detail type problems that never seem to get proper attention or solutions at Shapeways.

Topic: Osdas 4x4 by OSKAR
Osdas 4x4 by OSKAR [message #101061] Sat, 11 October 2014 11:40 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Osdas 4x4 is a sliding-piece puzzle without a frame. Regular sliding piece puzzle, like the classic famous 15 puzzle, have pieces sliding in a frame, such that they do not fall out. The Boomdas puzzle is a 3x3 sliding puzzle from Japan has no frame, while the pieces still hold together. Boomdas has a cubic sibling called Muto Cube. More info here, here and here. However, one can easily cheat with Boomdas (and Moto Cube) by sliding them apart and putting them back together.

Osdas 4x4 is a frame-less sliding puzzle similar to Boomdas, but with links between the pieces that prevent the puzzle from coming apart. No cheating with this one!

This puzzle has the interesting property that it is possible to swap some adjacent pieces, e.g. 9 and 10, which is not possible with the classic 15-puzzle.

Watch the YouTube video.
Read more at the Non-Twisty Puzzles Forum.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=73967&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=73968&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=73969&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=73970&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=73971&private=0

Topic: Key Maze set of six by OSKAR
Key Maze set of six by OSKAR [message #100307] Sat, 04 October 2014 08:44 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Key Maze is a puzzle that I designed in 1987 and prototyped in wood. It is a mechanical maze, where the object is to get each ring around its key. The puzzle has been mass-produced in metal since 1995 and as plastic premium since 2007. Also, several smaller-scale productions were made from hand-cut wood and laser-cut wood. As things go with nice ideas, there exist also some unauthorized productions in plastic and wood (no link).

Anyway, Sjaak Griffioen asked me to design six variations of this puzzle in 2006, which he prototyped in wood. Unfortunately, we could not find any buyers. So these variations are now available as 3D-prints.

The puzzle set has some bonus challenges.
1) Make three pairs of keys, and put each ring around the key of its partner.
2) Put the keys in a circle, and have each ring around the key of its neighbor.
As not all rings fit around all keys, both 1) and 2) have a unique solution.

Watch the YouTube video.
Buy the set at my Shapeways Shop.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=73309&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=73310&private=0

[Updated on: Sat, 04 October 2014 08:45 UTC]

Topic: Ravenclaw Ring
Ravenclaw Ring [message #100185] Fri, 03 October 2014 00:15 UTC
avatar TommySaysSoWhat  is currently offline TommySaysSoWhat
Go to all my models
Here's a nice Ravenclaw house ring I received a bit back. I purposely chose it in an unpolished material. I like the old feel the rough texture gives it.

index.php?t=getfile&id=73128&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=73129&private=0

Topic: Space ship, city concept and sniper rifle have finally arrived!
Space ship, city concept and sniper rifle have finally arrived! [message #99467] Tue, 30 September 2014 03:10 UTC
avatar ProjectMobius  is currently offline ProjectMobius
Go to my shop
After waiting for 3 weeks, all items have arrived. Aside from the Boo, I've also printed my city concept, sniper rifle as well as the space ship. Sucks my space ship didn't turn out as expected, should have picked WSF instead of metallic plastic. The sniper rifle looks pretty good in metallic plastic though as I can still see some of the details. The city concept is ok as well in WSF!

What do you guys think?

City concept: https://www.shapeways.com/model/2594263/futuristic-city-conc ept.html?materialId=6
index.php?t=getfile&id=72751&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=72754&private=0

Sniper rifle: https://www.shapeways.com/model/2583757/futuristic-sniper-ri fle.html?materialId=6
index.php?t=getfile&id=72752&private=0

Space ship: https://www.shapeways.com/model/2580654/infinite-space-space ship.html?materialId=6
index.php?t=getfile&id=72753&private=0

Porfolio: http://www.project-mobius.com
 Topic: Barn, open on one end in Polished Red Strong and Flexible
Barn, open on one end in Polished Red Strong and Flexible [message #99395] Sun, 28 September 2014 18:12 UTC
avatar BrettWoodard  is currently offline BrettWoodard
Go to my shop
A red barn printed in polished red strong and flexible. We couldn't be happier with the results. Kudos to my loving wife who took the great pictures. For reference, the barn is about 4.3cm tall and 5.5cm long.

Below is a picture of the front. The details of the door and the horizontal tracks for the door to open turned out great. (The doors don't actually open).
index.php?t=getfile&id=72538&private=0

Below is a picture of the side. The details of the windows and the roof turned out great as well.
index.php?t=getfile&id=72539&private=0

Here is a picture of the back of the barn, open so small animals or what not can be placed inside.
index.php?t=getfile&id=72542&private=0

Here is the Shapeways render of the barn. The final product came out looking very close to the render.
index.php?t=getfile&id=72541&private=0

You can see it in our store here: http://shpws.me/vWDf

Brett
 Topic: Outbreak & Infection rate markers in Full Color Plastic
Outbreak & Infection rate markers in Full Color Plastic [message #99393] Sun, 28 September 2014 17:49 UTC
avatar BrettWoodard  is currently offline BrettWoodard
Go to my shop
We just received these 2 pieces in full color plastic. They are meant for use in the popular board game Pandemic. In the past we have purchased them in white strong and flexible and painted them, but I decided to see how they would look in full color plastic. The models were made in ViaCad9 and exported as .WRL (VRML).

Below is a picture from right out of the box. The models had a fair amount of white dust on them. The base is supposed to be green and the top embossed symbol black. The black coloring fades to gray/white on the extremes of the symbol. Where the biohazard symbol gets thinner at the edge of the model, it becomes very brittle. I'm guessing this is caused by the heat curing. The full color plastic model checker did indicate a yellow caution for thin walls where the piece is brittle. However, this model made with strong and flexible plastic has no issues in the thinner parts.
index.php?t=getfile&id=72535&private=0

Here is an image after we used a tooth brush to clean off the remaining white dust. You can see there are still white spots on both the black and green parts of the pieces, that seem to be included in how it was colored.
index.php?t=getfile&id=72536&private=0

Here is a picture of them printed in white strong and flexible and then painted using water based acrylics. Please excuse my mediocre painting skills...
index.php?t=getfile&id=72534&private=0

Below is Shapeways rendering for Full Color Sandstone of the model.
index.php?t=getfile&id=72537&private=0

Bottom line, we were not happy with the results of the full color plastic prints. The colors did not turn out vibrant and the brittle edges make me wary that they would stand up well to constant use with the board game. The material feels rougher to the touch than unpolished white strong and flexible. We will probably stick with painting when more than 1 color is needed in a model for now.

Brett
 Topic: Halo Energy sword
Halo Energy sword [message #99374] Sat, 27 September 2014 23:18 UTC
avatar Cortex8  is currently offline Cortex8
Go to my shop
Hello !

http://s10.postimg.org/yclf2f55l/pic1.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/s9zlasnmj/pic2.jpg

http://s27.postimg.org/6p8kvkmxf/pic3.jpg

>>>

[Updated on: Thu, 13 November 2014 14:48 UTC]

Topic: 'Organic' Full Color Plastic attempt
'Organic' Full Color Plastic attempt [message #99373] Sat, 27 September 2014 22:55 UTC
avatar Schmiegel  is currently offline Schmiegel
Go to my shop
Hey everyone,

I wanted to test FCP as I was curious about shape based coloring applied to 'organic' objects.
Reading through the Forum I can confirm two issues:
Yellow turns out as orange, weak structures can be deformed.
Also material isn't as strong as WSF - pieces of the blue shell broke off when dropping the 10 cm diameter ball about 50 cm (stupid me - had it outside to make the smell go away when either a strong gust or a curious bird kicked it from the table :-/ )
Attaching three images.
1. Details - nice, isn't it :)
index.php?t=getfile&id=72473&private=0

2. Comparison between Meshlab render as designed and the actual print:
index.php?t=getfile&id=72474&private=0

3. Deformed object - one of three - the other two are fine. (I'm in contact with support about this already.)
index.php?t=getfile&id=72475&private=0

Topic: Dutch Rings by OSKAR
Dutch Rings by OSKAR [message #99344] Sat, 27 September 2014 08:19 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Dutch Rings is a puzzle ring that I designed in 1989. It is inspired on the classic "Turkish" puzzle rings, but using a cubic grid instead of smooth bands. The object of the puzzle is the same. Mix up the bands and then try to reconstruct the ring. The nice thing about this puzzle is that all pieces are linked together, so pieces cannot get lost.

Watch the YouTube video of the metal version.
Watch the YouTube video of the plastic version.
Buy the metal version at my Shapeways Shop.
Buy the plastic version at my Shapeways Shop.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=72404&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=72405&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=72406&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=72407&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=72408&private=0

[Updated on: Sat, 27 September 2014 08:24 UTC]

Topic: Custom Transformers SMGs
Custom Transformers SMGs [message #99175] Tue, 23 September 2014 23:43 UTC
avatar multihawk  is currently offline multihawk
Go to my shop
Received another batch of custom weapons I made for deluxe-class Transformers figures. This time I ordered them in Metallic Plastic and they came out extremely well. I'm happy with the results and more importantly how they look on one of my favorites, DOTM Roadbuster.

index.php?t=getfile&id=72014&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=72015&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=72017&private=0

Tutorials on how to prepare Sketchup models for Shapeways:

PART 1
-------
PART 2
-------

Tutorial on preparing Sketchup models for Shapeways for FULL COLOR SANDSTONE/PLASTIC:

PART 1 OF 1
 Topic: Positive X Splash pendant with a twist
Positive X Splash pendant with a twist [message #99041] Mon, 22 September 2014 10:38 UTC
avatar numarul7  is currently offline numarul7
Go to my shop
Here the last one from the "Splash" series. And the only one that has a twist in this series. It is designed for metal but ...heh does not look bad in Black WSF , budget constrains.

Chained normally it is a plus , chained other way it is an X.

Hope you all like it!

index.php?t=getfile&id=71921&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71922&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71923&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71924&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71925&private=0

numarul7 jewelry and design
 Topic: Bram's Magic Revisited by OSKAR & BRAM
Bram's Magic Revisited by OSKAR & BRAM [message #98958] Sat, 20 September 2014 11:43 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Bram's Magic Revisited is a complete redesign of Bram's Magic. Bram's Magic was invented by Bram Cohen. It is a set of six balls with grooved, connected in a loop. The set of six can shapeshift in carious ways, resulting in scrambling of the color pattern. The object of the puzzle is to fold it back to a flat 2x3 shape with all white up and black down.

This revisited version turns super smoothly, even better than the previous prototype.

Watch the YouTube video.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=71823&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71824&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71825&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71826&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71827&private=0

Topic: Realist cross and ring
Realist cross and ring [message #98839] Thu, 18 September 2014 16:56 UTC
Go to my shop
Plus and minus forms a cross , representing the realism , the fact that you must balance the positive and negative in life in order to be blessed with success.

A bit of architectural look on it.

index.php?t=getfile&id=71620&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71621&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71622&private=0

Topic: Chessmate ring has arrived
Chessmate ring has arrived [message #98703] Tue, 16 September 2014 18:26 UTC
Go to my shop
This one push the limits of 3D Printing at the hardest points!

index.php?t=getfile&id=71374&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71375&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71376&private=0

Looks fantastic http://shpws.me/vXn7

[Updated on: Tue, 16 September 2014 18:39 UTC]

Topic: Civil War Ironclad USS Monitor Robot
Civil War Ironclad USS Monitor Robot [message #98625] Mon, 15 September 2014 19:54 UTC
avatar TommySaysSoWhat  is currently offline TommySaysSoWhat
Go to all my models
Received a couple sweet Civil War Ironclad USS Monitor Robots. Used Sharpie oil paint markers to color in the shield on one.

index.php?t=getfile&id=71289&private=0

[Updated on: Mon, 15 September 2014 19:55 UTC]

Topic: Love Splash pendant and ring final revision :)
Love Splash pendant and ring final revision :) [message #98614] Mon, 15 September 2014 19:04 UTC
Go to my shop
They look awesome in Black and Red ... in metal will be superfab! But not budget for that now!

Hope you all love them!

index.php?t=getfile&id=71271&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71272&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71275&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71276&private=0

Thank you to all!

Topic: AdamApple Pendant
AdamApple Pendant [message #98581] Sun, 14 September 2014 23:03 UTC
Go to my shop
A pedant inspired by Adam and Eve story. :)

index.php?t=getfile&id=71173&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71174&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=71177&private=0

[Updated on: Sun, 14 September 2014 23:33 UTC]

Topic: Leaf Kiss has arrived
Leaf Kiss has arrived [message #98557] Sun, 14 September 2014 00:01 UTC
Go to my shop
Final revision it is ready!

index.php?t=getfile&id=71083&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=71084&private=0

Was fun to make and ... a pain to get a right photo of it!

Topic: Star Beams by OSKAR
Star Beams by OSKAR [message #98547] Sat, 13 September 2014 15:11 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Star Beams is a put-together interlocking puzzle. The puzzle has six pentagram-shaped beams that are woven through each other. It was in 1989 that I discovered this geometry. It is based the geometry of a regular dodecahedron (with twelve pentagonal faces). When each of the six axes is offset a bit, this nice tetrahedral geometry results. In 1989, I made a cardboard prototype with pentagonal beams. In 2004, George Miller 3D-printed Star Beams on his 3D printer. Now, it is available as 3D-print from Shapeways and sold by PuzzleMaster.

Watch the YouTube video.
Buy a fully dyed and assembled sample from PuzzleMaster.
Buy the parts at my Shapeways Shop.
Check out the photo below.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=71041&private=0

Topic: tribal pendant
tribal pendant [message #98490] Fri, 12 September 2014 15:47 UTC
avatar tinarity  is currently offline tinarity
Go to my shop
my first tribal pendant printed

index.php?t=getfile&id=70940&private=0

• Attachment: tribal #3.png
    (Size: 1.11MB, Downloaded 77 time(s))

Topic: Full Color Plastic - mason jar top
Full Color Plastic - mason jar top [message #98392] Thu, 11 September 2014 05:10 UTC
avatar Spooky_Bulldog  is currently offline Spooky_Bulldog
Go to my shop
I just received these today.
Overall I'm still very excited about the fact that printing plastic with color is possible, even though it wasn't a successful experiment.
Like a lot of you, I'm left with very similar result with this material.

Color
- Color came out super pale and a lot brighter than what it should be.
Material Weakness
- Thinner part of the print got bent quite a bit, when it arrived. I'm not sure it's bent from the way it's packaged or it just started to sag after it got extracted out of the printer. But it is definitely bendy enough that I could push things into places.
- Some part was droopy like I wouldn't expect from strong & flexible plastics. (tip of push pins) And I don't think this part was caused by packing.
- Cuff (pic shown below) won't hold it's shape. Let's say, it's almost elastic without being strong.

1. Mason jar top
index.php?t=getfile&id=70828&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=70829&private=0

2. Mason jar top
index.php?t=getfile&id=70830&private=0

3. Cuff
index.php?t=getfile&id=70831&private=0

Topic: "Ancient" Earrings - Crab Claws
"Ancient" Earrings - Crab Claws [message #98345] Wed, 10 September 2014 17:46 UTC
avatar DesignbyDalton  is currently offline DesignbyDalton
Go to my shop
Inspired by Crab Claws, second in my series of "Ancient" Earrings. As usual the quality of metal printing from shapeways is impeccable. They can be made available in any size if you want a pair of your own. Hope you all enjoy.

index.php?t=getfile&id=70787&private=0

I am always open for commission, if you like my work and want something unique to you, somthing no one else can have but you, drop me a PM and we can talk.
 Topic: Sierpinski Pyramids
Sierpinski Pyramids [message #98060] Sun, 07 September 2014 02:26 UTC
avatar RobTorres  is currently offline RobTorres
Go to my shop
A radial group of six Sierpinski pyramids formed into a hexagon base.
index.php?t=getfile&id=70372&private=0
Bottom
index.php?t=getfile&id=70373&private=0
Macro details,..image turned pinkish,..
index.php?t=getfile&id=70374&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=70375&private=0
I'm going to use this model as a base for displaying my 80mm diameter globes.

• Attachment: PICT0005.JPG
    (Size: 588.13KB, Downloaded 74 time(s))

• Attachment: PICT0001.JPG
    (Size: 303.90KB, Downloaded 76 time(s))

• Attachment: PICT0001.JPG
    (Size: 399.58KB, Downloaded 74 time(s))

• Attachment: PICT0003.JPG
    (Size: 371.97KB, Downloaded 75 time(s))

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/robsmakershop
 Topic: Moby Maze in metal by OSKAR
Moby Maze in metal by OSKAR [message #98023] Sat, 06 September 2014 12:29 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Moby Maze is a mechanical maze based on a Möbius Strip. Half of the maze is at one side, the other half is, well, at the same side. The object is to remove the ring. It was originally prototyped by George Miller of PuzzlePalace.com. This version is made of 3D-printed metal.It is very strong, impossible to cheat. :D

Watch the YouTube video.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=70344&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=70345&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=70346&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=70347&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=70348&private=0

Topic: Wirehead
Wirehead [message #97765] Wed, 03 September 2014 22:23 UTC
avatar Anigroove  is currently offline Anigroove
Go to my shop
two pictures combined, of my model I received today.
Printed in WSF 20cm high.

index.php?t=getfile&id=70097&private=0

[Updated on: Wed, 03 September 2014 22:26 UTC]

Topic: Mobius Skeleton Pedant
Mobius Skeleton Pedant [message #97666] Wed, 03 September 2014 04:17 UTC
avatar BryanH  is currently offline BryanH
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=69981&private=0

Another beautiful pendant prototype that will be printed in a few different materials in the future. Feedback is much appreciated. Thanks again Shapeways.

• Attachment: photo 2.JPG
    (Size: 145.59KB, Downloaded 105 time(s))

BH
 Topic: swan
swan [message #97599] Tue, 02 September 2014 13:23 UTC
avatar tinarity  is currently offline tinarity
Go to my shop
my elegant little swan arrived today! unfortunately I got my measurements wrong so its too small to be an egg cup but still nice enough to hold little trinkets and jewelry. Let me know what you think.

• Attachment: swan #01.png
    (Size: 1.11MB, Downloaded 70 time(s))

Topic: Spherigear Diamond by OSKAR & BRAM
Spherigear Diamond by OSKAR & BRAM [message #97429] Sat, 30 August 2014 10:42 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Twisty Puzzles fans,

Spherigear Diamond was proposed by Bram Cohen at the Twisty Puzzles Forum. The puzzle has four balls with holes, four gears that run into the holes, and a frame that keeps all together. Because of the gears, balls always turn in pairs or triplets. The object of the puzzle is to scramble and then solve it.

Watch the YouTube video.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=69654&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=69655&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=69656&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=69657&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=69658&private=0

Topic: Yet another Pi case!
Yet another Pi case! [message #97315] Thu, 28 August 2014 20:10 UTC
avatar Tasker  is currently offline Tasker
Go to my shop
This is a case I printed off recently for my Raspberry Pi model B. I made an initial prototype which fit ok(ish!) but was a bit tight in areas or offset by a few millimetres for some of the ports.
This was my second print and I think it came together really well.
The insertable mesh on the case lid allows me to have a good amount of customisation of it simply by swapping out different versions printed in different materials.
index.php?t=getfile&id=69508&private=0

The Alumide mesh combined with the grill in the base it gives a good amount of ventilation to the Pi.
index.php?t=getfile&id=69509&private=0

And it all seems to fit rather neatly!
index.php?t=getfile&id=69510&private=0

Well, time to go enjoy some Hi-Def fun with Raspmc!
index.php?t=getfile&id=69511&private=0

• Attachment: 1.jpg
    (Size: 396.08KB, Downloaded 101 time(s))

• Attachment: 2.jpg
    (Size: 376.11KB, Downloaded 101 time(s))

• Attachment: 3.jpg
    (Size: 382.82KB, Downloaded 98 time(s))

• Attachment: 4.jpg
    (Size: 334.12KB, Downloaded 98 time(s))

Topic: Hex Shift by OSKAR
Hex Shift by OSKAR [message #96853] Sat, 23 August 2014 12:58 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Twisty Puzzles fans,

Hex Shift was suggested by Bram Cohen. Whereas the gears of this puzzle were designed in 2011, the shift mechanism followed only in 2014. It is a gear-shifting puzzle in the same vein as Gear Shift, Skewb Shift and Shift Happens. The puzzle can be pulled apart in four directions, three horizontal and one vertical. When shifted open, part of the gears can turn, while the others remain stationary. The object is to scramble the puzzle and then bring it back to its original shape and color pattern.

Watch the YouTube video.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=69100&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=69101&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=69102&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=69103&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=69104&private=0

[Updated on: Sat, 23 August 2014 12:59 UTC]

Topic: Schwarz Diamond (D) Cube
Schwarz Diamond (D) Cube [message #96728] Fri, 22 August 2014 00:14 UTC
avatar RobTorres  is currently offline RobTorres
Go to my shop
This print turned out very nice. I really enjoy looking at it! More so than the gyroid I have:

index.php?t=getfile&id=69005&private=0

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/robsmakershop
Pages (90): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.