Search Search  
Today's Messages (OFF)  | Unanswered Messages (ON)

Forum: Introductions
 Topic: Hello from Minnesota
Hello from Minnesota [message #51001] Sun, 08 July 2012 17:43 UTC
avatar StrikeHard  is currently offline StrikeHard
Go to all my models
Hi - I'm Todd from Champlin Minnesota. I make tactical gear and have hit a wall in my designs due to lack of ability to create with polymers.

I'm here to find someone who would like to work on prototyping/building components for my designs.

I need to eat a bit of crow here as a few years ago on saw a video on 3D modeling and thought "big deal" well now I get it.
Perhaps my first project should be a small pie with a crow's head sticking out.

www.StrikeHardGear.com
www.facebook.com/SHGear
 Topic: Hello
Hello [message #50956] Sat, 07 July 2012 04:33 UTC
avatar CalvinMiller  is currently offline CalvinMiller
Go to all my models
Hello, My name is Calvin Miller. I am new to this forum.
 Topic: Hello there,
Hello there, [message #50774] Wed, 04 July 2012 01:12 UTC
avatar amlabret  is currently offline amlabret
Go to all my models
Hey there,

New to the site I am a 3d modeler and entrepreneur/business consultant really excited about this site and the service it offers this is right up my alley.

Very refreshing and awesome to see the difference new startups like this are making using new technologies pretty cool stuff!

Cheers,

Andrew Labret
 Topic: Hello from a retired Kodak engineer
Hello from a retired Kodak engineer [message #50707] Mon, 02 July 2012 14:10 UTC
avatar AAK_AAK  is currently offline AAK_AAK
Go to my shop
Hello to the Shapeway community. I've been retired for over six years now. I wrote a small text on Random dot stereograms in the early 90s when that art form was popular. That got me interested in 3D objects and all the various file formats for describing such. Now with much more time to devote and a nice CAD system to play with, the closet 3D designer has come out to build new things. A best description of most of my work can currently be found on the july 2, 2012 posting on the Sanibel island blog. It is at this link-
http://www.oceansreach.com/sanibel-island/

and describes the seashells that I've been making at Shapeways. Other favorite hobbies include kayaking, biking, kites, and playing with fast vehicles on ice. Enjoy. -Andy
 Topic: Building a robotic hand
Building a robotic hand [message #50635] Sat, 30 June 2012 01:00 UTC
avatar Anthromod  is currently offline Anthromod
Go to my shop
Hi. I've been working on a series of robotic hands, that are 3d printed. You may have seen my work featured on shapeways, on the blog boingboing, or a few others.

http://images.cdn1.shapeways.com/model/picture/640x476_563963_176883_1338413389.jpg

I've moved from designing parts that are screwed together (Mk1), to parts that are printed in place (Mk2). I have recently started an indiegogo campaign in order to try and fund my Mk3 hand.

One thing that may appeal to fellow shapeways users is that I intend to make the covers for the hand open for anyone to design their own versions. This way you could design whatever style you like, whilst knowing that it can still move afterwards.
You can make the hand look human, robotic, alien etc etc.

If you're interested in this project, and want to see just how far we can push 3D printing, then take a look at the indiegogo campaign. Show anyone that you think may be interested.

Also the campaign video isn't the best. My partner gave birth and I haven't had time to put together something better. I plan to update it as the design work comes along.
Hello [message #50373] Tue, 26 June 2012 10:05 UTC
avatar Johnbattelle  is currently offline Johnbattelle
Go to all my models
Hello Everyone, My name is John Battelle. I am new in this forum.
 Topic: hello,i'm Alain
icon12.gif  hello,i'm Alain [message #50366] Tue, 26 June 2012 06:07 UTC
avatar theotormonfr  is currently offline theotormonfr
Go to my shop
I am new to Shapeways!!
Glad to be here!

https://sites.google.com/site/alainpaparone/
 Topic: Hello 3D world! I am the guy designed the tiny car on Objet blog
icon7.gif  Hello 3D world! I am the guy designed the tiny car on Objet blog [message #50177] Fri, 22 June 2012 05:23 UTC
avatar David Sun  is currently offline David Sun
Go to my shop
Hello everyone,

I am really happy to learn the existence of ShapeWays. Everyone is unique and artistically talented. This is totally different than the Mechanical engineering world that I came from. I wish to share my design experience with everyone.

My area of focus will be designing inseparatable assemblies -- moveable interconnected parts printed together in single process. Feel free to leave me a message at the Sunny Factory, or the "tiny car with moving wheels and opening doors" model. The car models are also described on blog.objet.com

David Sun

Sunny D
 Topic: Hi
Hi [message #49982] Mon, 18 June 2012 21:10 UTC
avatar Eureka  is currently offline Eureka
Go to all my models
Since i am more of a robot than a human being, i follow commands. The command was to say "hi".

Hi.

Instruction followed and completed.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 June 2012 21:13 UTC]

Topic: Hi, I'm Jesse!
Hi, I'm Jesse! [message #49779] Wed, 13 June 2012 16:05 UTC
avatar 3dcreationsllc  is currently offline 3dcreationsllc
Go to my shop
I'm new to the site and I wanted to meet you all. I'm a 3D printing fanatic, owner of a MendelMax 1.5, Solidoodle and a souped up Printrbot. I'm a bot farmer of the MendelMax, and I will soon be selling high-quality parts kits on my website 3dcreationsllc.com.

Nice to meet you all!

• Attachment: logo.png
    (Size: 5.56KB, Downloaded 67 time(s))

Topic: Hello from North Carolina
Hello from North Carolina [message #49594] Sun, 10 June 2012 00:04 UTC
avatar decimoq  is currently offline decimoq
Go to my shop
Hi
I have a friend who is designing items here and I am looking around.
DQ
 Topic: Bushwick Open Studio jewelry exhibit.
Bushwick Open Studio jewelry exhibit. [message #49363] Mon, 04 June 2012 00:57 UTC
avatar MODbot  is currently offline MODbot
Go to my shop
My jewelry exhibition at Bushwick Open Studios this past weekend - June 2. All the jewelry is 3D modeled and printed at shapeways.

Thanks shapeways for making it possible!

also please check out my shop on here - Susan Marie.

Topic: Hi from Scotland
Hi from Scotland [message #48443] Tue, 15 May 2012 14:50 UTC
avatar BigStu13  is currently offline BigStu13
Go to my shop
Hi to the Shapeways community.

My name I Stuart, i currently use Sketchup to create parts for 1:24 scale model emergency vehicles. Mostly i build Fire Engines, but i have been known to dabble in sci-fi models.

Thanks, Stuart
Hello [message #48340] Sun, 13 May 2012 18:00 UTC
avatar japharl  is currently offline japharl
Go to all my models
My Mom liked the pendant that I created for her... Smile Thanks!
Zak
 Topic: Hello there
Hello there [message #48332] Sun, 13 May 2012 14:14 UTC
avatar LordTrilobite  is currently offline LordTrilobite
Go to my shop
Hello there, I'm new here.
I have some experience in modelling and when I saw this site I thought it's a great way to create the craziest things and bringing them into the real world.
I'm really interested in history and palaeontology so I'm probably going to upload models related to that.
I've already uploaded viking helmet key chain, go check it out: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/asgardarmory

index.php?t=getfile&id=16863&private=0

Topic: Hello from holland
Hello from holland [message #48330] Sun, 13 May 2012 10:31 UTC
avatar TijsB  is currently offline TijsB
Go to my shop
Hey guys,
The moment I saw shapeways I knew I wanted to do something with it. I'm an engineering student so working with 3d programs is my thing.
My first idea is a ring based on the design of a cylinder in a revolver, feel free to check it out!

[Updated on: Sun, 13 May 2012 10:32 UTC]

Topic: 3D Cad Designer
3D Cad Designer [message #48327] Sun, 13 May 2012 02:56 UTC
avatar alex4721  is currently offline alex4721
Go to my shop
Hi Everybody I am alex. I'm 24 years old and have knack for 3D modeling and design. It started when I was a freshman in college, some guy was sitting in a computer lab for hours while I was writting an essay. He was creating a desk fan using solidworks. When he was done, I could have sworn I saw the fan moving its different parts lifelike. I was so impressed I decided to look into it and ask the guy about what he was doing. A semester later I began taking courses and now 5 years in the making I can create just about anything in 3D. Of course my skills are routed in Autodesk's Inventor software and I mostly create robots and things with wheels, motors and gears. But over the years I've seen and done some pretty wild things on the computer. Needless to say I'm still learning alot. Essentially what I want to do now is sort of start an online website where other people's tutorials get organized into a massive database along with some of my own tutorials because from my experience even though there is alot of info out there on the web, its not like the stuff is organized and its actually really scattered and pretty hard to find at times. Anyhow, I thought I would also have some sort of online store selling 3D printed products to customers. In short, I dont really know where to start, I have tens of thousands of 3D model files on my computers and hard drives and cant really get them organized. So in the meantime I figured I could go to a website that would allow me to sell 3D printed products easily and thats how I found shapeways. I'm still getting the basic jist of it, but essentially I want to create things both that I imagine, and that others imagined. Then sell them at really low prices here, and eventually when Im done creating my own website, link it to this store and turn the whole thing into a business. I really enjoy creating 3D models, my name is alex and this is my my new world.

ALEX
 Topic: TECROM DESIGNS Custom Toys and Add-On kits
icon12.gif  TECROM DESIGNS Custom Toys and Add-On kits [message #48112] Wed, 09 May 2012 09:44 UTC
avatar TecromDesigns  is currently offline TecromDesigns
Go to my shop
Hi Guys and Gals,

I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know what I do. I am a trained traditional sculptor by trade, but for the past couple of years I've made the jump to digital, and I LOVE IT. Anyway, I'm a huge fan of custom toys, especially those associated with Robots, Super Heroes and Mythology. I've created customs for myself, but recently fans of my work have encouraged me to open up shop here at Shapeways and make some items available. So here I am!!

Please come visit my shop, you might like what you see. And don't worry, there is more to come. Thanks for looking!!

TECROM DESIGNS
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/tecromdesigns

[URL=http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/Tecrom-Designs/media/5fe454e1-6e98-4a57-b0b6-e586c655c440_zps03eac8b3.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh525/Tecrom-Designs/5fe454e1-6e98-4a57-b0b6-e586c655c440_zps03eac8b3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
 Topic: Little old lady from Dubuque
Little old lady from Dubuque [message #48059] Tue, 08 May 2012 17:26 UTC
avatar Chavenelle2  is currently offline Chavenelle2
Go to all my models
I am a sheet metal sculptor excited about 3d printing and seeing the super designs. Can't wait to shop!
 Topic: 3D Cad Designer
icon10.gif  3D Cad Designer [message #46911] Fri, 13 April 2012 02:42 UTC
avatar alex4721  is currently offline alex4721
Go to my shop
Hi all,
So Im pretty new to shapeways but Im really excited to see how it works. Basically I have spent the past 6 months putting together a 3D design site where I show video tutorials and offer some free 3d downloads. I havent finished it yet but one of the things I wanted to do was to sell some of the things I designed in a physical form. I dont have alot of money right now but my goal is to get a 3D printer and to set up an online 3D viewer/editor on my site. Here is my link, enjoy!

http://www.ferreras3ddesigns.com

ALEX
 Topic: Hello from Michigan
Hello from Michigan [message #45996] Mon, 26 March 2012 13:53 UTC
avatar CADNinja  is currently offline CADNinja
Go to my shop
I was informed of Shapeways from the Crania Anatomica Filigre.
I am from SouthEast Michigan.
My main interests are Jewelry & Consumer Product Design.
The software i use is primarily Rhino. I have access to and mastery of Solidworks, AutoCAD, Inventor & Catia also.
I have significant experience with laser scanning for reverse engineering.
25+ years of 3D CAD experience makes me a Senior Level person in this field

Inspire through Design, Create Solutions, Deliver on Promise
 Topic: hello Glenn Verdult here...
hello Glenn Verdult here... [message #45835] Thu, 22 March 2012 14:00 UTC
avatar glennverdult  is currently offline glennverdult
Go to all my models
Hello i am Glenn Verdult
Newbie in this forum.
Im a web developer looking for new contact and learn new techniques...
 Topic: Hello everyone
Hello everyone [message #45669] Sun, 18 March 2012 21:46 UTC
avatar skatersollie  is currently offline skatersollie
Go to my shop
Just starting this back up..after a long time of doing nothing...just wanted to say i'm back..and online...check out my shop..tell me what u think thx..

http://www.skatersollie.com
 Topic: HELLO ARTISTS CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED
icon14.gif  HELLO ARTISTS CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED [message #45199] Sat, 10 March 2012 02:14 UTC
avatar sabradarlenehardy  is currently offline sabradarlenehardy
Go to my shop
Surprised excited isn't the word i have so many designs in my head. i want to set the jewelry world on fire or at least make a good living out of my hundreds of renderings i tweaked in my old old Adobe software. i have no idea what i'm doing but i'm just happy i'm here. i'm gong to try to teach myself Blender 3D and use Googles Sketchup i just want to see a model of what my textile design will look like in silver. and have a piece of silk that matches a gorgeous piece of jewelry. Ambitious huh?

sabradhardy
 Topic: Hi from One Just One
Hi from One Just One [message #44981] Tue, 06 March 2012 23:09 UTC
avatar One Just One  is currently offline One Just One
Go to my shop
Hi,

We just launched One Just One. We have a shop in Shapeways to sell unique designs. Only one of each is sold.

We are looking forward to working with designers who are interested in 3D printing and generative design. One Just One is a community based designers collaborative exploring new and exciting possibility in 3D printing using generative design technology focused on the consumer market.

We are based in Adelaide.

Pls register in our site if you would like to develop your skills in generative design and sell your designers through One Just One.

We are looking forward to your comments and feedback on our designs and on our venture.

Sivam

One Just One
 Topic: Hi I'm Leslie, I'm new and I have some questions.
icon10.gif  Hi I'm Leslie, I'm new and I have some questions. [message #44690] Thu, 01 March 2012 01:28 UTC
avatar aachisuto  is currently offline aachisuto
Go to all my models
First of all, I've actually had an account on shapeways for a while and just receive the email subscription but I've never really done anything with the account. When I just logged in today to talk on the forum and used my facebook to connect to it, the username and email address was set to something like srab2001 or something. Then when I logged out and relogged in, it was in my username and email address.

Is this some weird glitch or has somebody messed with my account? Should I close this and open a new one in case someone got into it? I changed my password but I can't help but be paranoid.

Ok so that was the issue that was really bugging me. With that out of the way, here's the intro.

My name is Leslie and I'm a graduate of the Art Institute CA- San Diego and my field of study was media arts and animation. Unfortunately, I haven't really been able to keep as up to date on 3D programs since graduating and I've migrated toward sculpting by hand anyway.

I was actually wanting to make my own movable doll-like-things with pieces that can be removed and put back in and stay. What i'm wanting to do that for is to use these 'dolls' as a sort of base for some of my sculptures, so I can make my freelance sculpt commissions quicker and also have some uniformity between my works. I want to be able to make one print and then mold the pieces and cast them in resin myself since I have been getting into mold making too.

I've found quite a few people selling ball jointed dolls on here, but I haven't been able to find a tutorial on how to go about making them to be able to print. I especially want to know how to make the joints so they can be removed and put back together, as I'm assuming that moving ball jointed dolls made on here are printed as one whole part and the joints are printed so that they can move but never come out of the doll.

If someone could help me out with this I'd really appreciate it! Very Happy thanks ^^
Hello [message #43760] Thu, 09 February 2012 21:23 UTC
avatar david webster  is currently offline david webster
Go to all my models
Hello everyone my first post here ,i am a 3D lightwave modeler
so maybe i could be of help to someone , if anyone wants to see what i have created go over to http://www.foundation3d.com/ the VW beetle on the left in the top banner is mine i have posted other models if anyone is interested.
I hope i can become an active member.
Here is the picindex.php?t=getfile&id=14490&private=0

• Attachment: VWs,jpg.jpg
    (Size: 462.82KB, Downloaded 252 time(s))

Topic: Hello and help
Hello and help [message #43585] Tue, 07 February 2012 02:38 UTC
avatar Mattallica0  is currently offline Mattallica0
Go to all my models
im a total noob to 3d design and printing can someone direct me to any "Minimate" block figure designs? id really like to get some regular size minimates printed in metal and a large @ 12" minimate printed in white plastic, thanks -Matt
 Topic: Filament manufacturing
Filament manufacturing [message #43491] Sun, 05 February 2012 16:26 UTC
avatar Samberr  is currently offline Samberr
Go to all my models
Hi guys,
We are gearing up to produce affordible filament for 3D Printers

If you are interested please check out our Kickstarter campaign and tell EVERYONE. we can not be sucessful without you , our future customers, our campaign is for puchasing in Bulk the plastic needed.

We will begin producing the ABS filament but later as we can afford we will buy more machines to produce PLA.

here are the links, please check us out!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/snab/affordable-filament -for-reprap-community-3d-printe

and our metal prusa medel parts can be seen here

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/snab/upgrades-for-your-p rusa-mendel-3d-printer
 Topic: Hi everybody
Hi everybody [message #43428] Sat, 04 February 2012 01:23 UTC
avatar richard2812  is currently offline richard2812
Go to my shop
Hi,

I'm Riccardo a videogames 3d artist with the passion on action figures and wargames like warhammer 40K and fantasy, confrontation, D&D, etc... I can make models custom for you, for a small price.
You can check my first creation in there:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/458826/batman.html?gid=ug

Regards,

Riccardo
 Topic: Hello from Phoenix, Arizona
Hello from Phoenix, Arizona [message #42589] Mon, 23 January 2012 20:42 UTC
avatar schreerdesign  is currently offline schreerdesign
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=13856&private=0Hi, I'm Tom with Schreer Design. We've been exploring creating things on here for a few weeks now. One of our team, Mike Iverson, has been using Shapeways fo a bit longer, making prop details for cosplay toys. Please check out our stuff! We've done a few iPhone accessories, as well as some jewelry (my favorite is the Barrel o' Monkeys pendant).

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/schreerdesign

[Updated on: Wed, 25 January 2012 17:32 UTC]

Topic: Hi!
Hi! [message #42226] Thu, 19 January 2012 04:59 UTC
avatar Kodeyboudreau  is currently offline Kodeyboudreau
Go to all my models
Hi!

[Updated on: Thu, 19 January 2012 05:20 UTC]

Topic: Hey there!
Hey there! [message #42053] Mon, 16 January 2012 14:05 UTC
avatar wjv  is currently offline wjv
Go to my shop
Hello fellow shapies,
Just wanted to introduce myself and do a little shameless self promotion while I'm at it. Razz
I've been working on a couple of designs and things are starting to take shape.
'Shellegg eggcup' en 'Penclip' have been printed and toroughly tested. They work great so they are available for sale now:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/particles
More to come so check back later. Smile

Cheers from Brussels,
Willem

[Updated on: Mon, 16 January 2012 19:12 UTC]

Topic: Saart
Saart [message #42051] Mon, 16 January 2012 12:11 UTC
avatar saart  is currently offline saart
Go to my shop
Testing new ground
 Topic: Greetings from rainy Lancashire
Greetings from rainy Lancashire [message #41663] Wed, 11 January 2012 00:49 UTC
avatar RicheyRose  is currently offline RicheyRose
Go to all my models
Hi all! Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm going to be doing some political caricature sculps and automatons, first up being David Cameron fondling a fat cat (static) and then Boris Johnson (Mayor of London) on a Boris bike, which will be articulated with his little legs pumping away as it rolls along. (only done the bike so far, and realised I need to scale it down to make it affordable. Doh!)

Dave:
http://www.shapeways.com/openfile/426837/426837.v0.s14.convert.large.jpg

Can't wait to get him delivered and painted up Smile
 Topic: another new guy reporting in
another new guy reporting in [message #41592] Tue, 10 January 2012 08:19 UTC
avatar arklan  is currently offline arklan
Go to my shop
hey folks. new guy to shapeways, been doing 3d modeling in 3dsmax for the last decade or so, as well as physical model building as a hobby.

last summer, i did a little custom scripting and turned a paper cutter (meant for scrapbooking and the like) into a rough 3d printer. it works decently enough, but it's VERY labor intensive, since i couldn't build a machine to glue the pages together automatically and had to do it by hand. that and the entire page of paper, model AND excess material, would be glued into one block. i had to use a pair of pliers and a few others tools to seperate the excess from the finished model. the pictures below show this pretty clearly.

time to see what i can do with shapeways. i'll post a more visually interesting modeling portfolio once i've actually tested some designs with shapeways.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ElysiumEmporium/assets/images/Duck3.png

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ElysiumEmporium/assets/images/Duck4.png
 Topic: Hey everybody!
Hey everybody! [message #41346] Fri, 06 January 2012 23:59 UTC
avatar ryanmac97  is currently offline ryanmac97
Go to all my models
Hi!
So, I found this gem of a website while looking for customized designs, and I immediately loved the website. I do a bit of art, so I try to make 3D models of things whenever I can. I fell in love with this website even more once I ordered items - and found that I didn't have to pay import! Very Happy
Anyway, I'm basically saying hi to everyone, and inviting everyone to have a look at a pretty basic piece I made on my first ever attempt at 3D modeling. It's a lightning bolt pendant, not too shabby for my first time if I don't say so myself! Smile
It wasn't able to print out, unfortunately, because some walls were to thin, but if anybody wants to use it then don't hesitate to take the file and alter it for whatever you like. who knows, you might just be able to make it printable! Laughing
So, please feel free to reply, from what I've seen of the community so far it's one I want to be a part of!
Ryan McCafferty

Topic: Hello Everyone
Hello Everyone [message #41328] Fri, 06 January 2012 20:48 UTC
avatar CornerstoneDesigns  is currently offline CornerstoneDesigns
Go to my shop
Hello, Shapeways Community!

I just joined and wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm an artist, author and game designer as well as a custom woodworker, just learning the joys and frustrations of 3D modeling and excited by the prospect of new creative challenges. I'm interested in both traditional methods of craftsmanship and new technologies; history, fantasy, science fiction and modern science. I'm delighted to have discovered Shapeways, and looking forward to getting to know the community here and just what can be done with the resources available.

Best Regards to All!

E. J. A.
 Topic: materials
materials [message #41000] Sat, 31 December 2011 20:12 UTC
avatar MODbot  is currently offline MODbot
Go to my shop
is the gold used in gold plating on the stainless materials real gold? what about the bronze? is that real bronze?

Thank you. Have a good new year.
 Topic: Future Artifacts from the Midwest
Future Artifacts from the Midwest [message #39866] Tue, 06 December 2011 14:19 UTC
avatar XYZsmith  is currently offline XYZsmith
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=12505&private=0
Hello all,
Thank you to shapeways for making good things happen. I very much enjoy seeing everyone's creations. You are all an inspiring bunch! Looking forward to everyone's creative evolution.
I would love to see more recycled materials introduced into shapeways plastics and metals.

thanks -

Pages (104): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    »]

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.