Search Search  
Today's Messages (OFF)  | Unanswered Messages (ON)

Forum: 3D Applications
 Topic: This is how I used sketch-up to successfully print my 3D models.
This is how I used sketch-up to successfully print my 3D models. [message #12683] Mon, 10 May 2010 20:53 UTC
avatar liquid98  is currently offline liquid98
Go to all my models
Hi,

When I first discovered Shapeways.com, I was excited! So simple
and transparent!

The only thing is, I'm not a die-hard 3D modeler.
I only use sketch-up for 3D modeling.

So. Naive as i was, I uploaded my first model. Than I got all kinds of errors, like non manifold erros etc. etc.

But After some learning, I found a pretty sure way for getting Sketch-up models printable:

This is how I did the job:

Perquisites

Google Sketchup 7:
http://sketchup.google.com/download/gsu.html
and Cadspan Plugin.
http://www.cadspan.com/tools

MiniMagics:
http://www.materialise.com/MiniMagics

Accutrans:
http://www.micromouse.ca/downloads.html

Step 1
Create model in sketchup (work in mm) and use CADspan plugin to generate stl file.
(Follow instructions on CADspan website)
(Settings: Highest Gap fill & resolution).

Step2
Check stl file in miniMagics. This software is also used by shapeways (I think). On the right pane it says "how to fix my part"
If your model is ok than a green sign is showed.

Final step
Scale the model in accutrans and export as Collada
To do so select "Save with options":
-file type Collada
-uncheck quads
-next to "OSF set to" type 0.0254
-press "OSF set to" button to scale the model

Than check your dimensions! (Accutrans uses meters)

and press save to save in collada format.

That's it!

Edit: In the mean time I found out about the STL4SU plugin. I prefer that. It works a lot easier than the cad-span plugin!)

[Updated on: Fri, 06 August 2010 21:49 UTC]

Topic: Scaling if you're using Wings3D
Scaling if you're using Wings3D [message #11056] Tue, 23 March 2010 22:13 UTC
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
If you use Wings3D (and I haven't seen many people mention it here) then you are likely aware of how difficult it is to scale to an exact size. I have uploaded a model to test this and have found that one square on the Wings3D grid equals 2.5cm.

When uploading to Shapeways you must check off the scaling size as inches, NOT millimetres.

You can see the test model here.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/105244/oval_size_test.html

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
 Topic: microstation v8xm
microstation v8xm [message #10581] Tue, 09 March 2010 16:29 UTC
avatar jackcanjels  is currently offline jackcanjels
Go to my shop
hello,

I use bentley's microstation v8xm at work. would likr to print some 3d models. I can export to STL.
Anybody who some experience with MS.

greetings
jack

[Updated on: Tue, 09 March 2010 16:29 UTC]

Topic: Digital Sculpting
Digital Sculpting [message #7332] Sun, 18 October 2009 21:31 UTC
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Which 3D sculpting software should I get:
Zbrush
Mudbox
Curvy3D
Modo

which one is best for shelling?

Cheers
V
http://www.dotsan.com

www.dotsan.com
 Topic: Went Sideways from 3DS Max 2010 -> Silo
Went Sideways from 3DS Max 2010 -> Silo [message #7311] Fri, 16 October 2009 19:06 UTC
avatar randomblink  is currently offline randomblink
Go to my shop
Well, I've been checking around, trying to move my computing from my desktop PC to my new laptop Mac. I'm trying to convert my desktop to a Linux Homeserver, which means losing my 3D software... ugh! I have played with Blender, not that thrilled, and I've checked into a few others.

I ended up going with Silo!
It's from Nevercenter, affordable, has strict polygonal / CAD styled modeling and zbrush-ish style modeling. I've already began taking the tutorials... Yippeee! I hope to start modeling soon and get back on track.

I also start my iPhone dev class last night. Last semester was Objective C classes, now it's iPhone! (so I need a homeserver for my apps to talk with, hence the conversion process)

Anyway, just sharing... peace!

Welcome to Costco, I love you.
 Topic: smoothing a cylindrical surface in wings
smoothing a cylindrical surface in wings [message #6124] Fri, 28 August 2009 19:59 UTC
avatar raalst  is currently offline raalst
Go to my shop
Hi all,

does anybody know how to smooth a cylindrical surface in Wings.
It was a coarse collection of straight faces, and I succesfully subdvided
these surfaces. but averaging them out proves too much for my skills in
Wings. doing it by hand is not an option.

Thanks in advance !

my object : http://www.shapeways.com/model/48413/step_sail_1_144.html

Ronald van Aalst

[Updated on: Fri, 28 August 2009 20:00 UTC]

Topic: Fix Found for Export Bugs in XSI 7.0+
Fix Found for Export Bugs in XSI 7.0+ [message #4184] Wed, 29 April 2009 22:06 UTC
avatar whosdadog  is currently offline whosdadog
Go to all my models
When exporting any model with 3D text in it from XSI 7.0 You will get an inverted normals error from shapeways. After hours of maddening troubleshooting, I decided to try exporting from a previous version (5.11) Surprisingly, this worked. There is some glitch or bug in XSI 7.0 that creates problems when exporting a model containing 3D text. Normally, previous versions of XSI wont allow you to open scenes from current versions, however I have found a workaround.

1. Open the scene in the current version of XSI
2. Use crosswalk to export as collada 1.4.1
3. Open the exported file in a previous version of XSI.
4. Export as collada 1.4.0 from the previous version
This file should be accepted by shapeways. (If you still have a problem, it is most likely not related to the text.)

You will most likely get an error that the model is too large. Drastically scale it to a very small on screen size and re-export from soft image. Do this until you have the size you want.

As a final note, I am not sure whether the problem is with XSI 7.0 or Collada 1.4.1. It could be a combination of both.

Jon
 Topic: sketchup
sketchup [message #1247] Mon, 08 September 2008 11:18 UTC
avatar naspc  is currently offline naspc
Go to all my models
Hi everyone. I use sketchup for my designs I know it's not as robust as other apps like blender or max. Now is there anything I should keep on mind when designing with sketchup before I atempt to upload and printed by shspeways?
I uploaded a few already but they got rejected, I didn't really get a reason y they got rejected.
I followed the directions on how to get the dae files.
 Topic: Trouble exporting a 3d solid from AutoCAD 2007
Trouble exporting a 3d solid from AutoCAD 2007 [message #677] Wed, 06 August 2008 20:35 UTC
avatar phreack  is currently offline phreack
Go to all my models
I've got a very simple 3d model in AutoCAD 2007. Just a closed polyline extruded straight up. I've tried several times to upload it, and keep getting the same error message:

Here's the error message; it may help you determine what went wrong: The fileformat of your object cannot be processed by our software. Please investigate the problem and try again.

I've gotten one file to be accepted by your system (3rd attempt), but it was too large and out of my budget to print. I scaled it down to a more affordable size, but have been unable to get your system to accept it in its scaled down form. I've tried simply scaling down the model that I was able to successfully upload, I've tried scaling down the original polyline and re-extruding, and I've tried re-drawing the entire thing at the smaller scale and extruding that, all with the same error message.

I know you're willing to convert for me, but I'd really like to master doing it myself so I don't have to bother you with it. Has anybody else experienced problems exporting .stl files from AutoCAD 2007? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: I think I may have discovered the problem...I've got filleted corners on my object, and I think AutoCAD is screwing up the exact location of the intersection between the arc and the line. If I explode my 3d solid into lines and try to re-covert to a polyline, it breaks at the transition from stright line to arc in the filleted corners. I'll keep playing with it and see if I can figure out how to make it stop doing that.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 August 2008 20:47 UTC]

Forum: General Discussion
 Topic: New 3Dprintwise Article - May the Force Be With You
New 3Dprintwise Article - May the Force Be With You [message #97289] Thu, 28 August 2014 15:34 UTC
avatar sedstiskyfaller  is currently offline sedstiskyfaller
Go to my shop
Hello everyone!

I'm excited to share with you a new article that has been posted about my shop on 3Dprintwise.

Here is the link: http://www.3dprintwise.com/3d-prints-star-wars/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwH2I9pCEAAKUMo.png:large

Big thank you to David for posting this!

Best,
Sedsti
 Topic: 3D Printwise did a story on 3D Racetracks!
3D Printwise did a story on 3D Racetracks! [message #97175] Wed, 27 August 2014 13:49 UTC
avatar JoyComplex  is currently offline JoyComplex
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
The website 3D Printwise just interviewed me about Joy Complex and my other store 3D Racetracks! Check it out when you can! Hopefully this will help build some awareness of my track models in particular.

I would really like to get some traction with 3D Racetracks (no pun intended) so it would be wonderful if anyone who is will can share the story on facebook/twitter.google+. Next time you need some shares I'll be there for you!

http://www.3dprintwise.com/3d-printing-grand-prix-racing-tra cks/

http://www.facebook.com/JoyComplex
 Topic: Procedural modeling usage
Procedural modeling usage [message #97116] Tue, 26 August 2014 23:27 UTC
avatar dritchie  is currently offline dritchie
Go to all my models
Hi all,

I'm a Computer Science Ph.D student at Stanford University, and I'm getting interested in doing research on procedural modeling tools for 3D printing. To that end, I'm curious to know how people are currently using procedural modeling when they make models for printing. I'm sure that the answer is very application-dependent, but for now it'd be great to get a high-level understanding of what sort of work is going on out there. By "procedural modeling," I mean the process of writing some kind of code to create geometry, rather than using a direct-manipulation interface such as Sketchup or Blender. If you do this on the way to your prints, I'd love to hear your answers to any or all of the following questions:

1. What tools do you use? These could be anything from a programmable CAD system such as OpenSCAD, scripting a general 3D modeling environment such as Blender, or writing your own code in a general-purpose programming language such as Python or C++.
  2. What types of geometric manipulations do you work with? These could be Boolean CSG, Voronoi tesselations, L-systems, etc.
  3. What kinds of objects do you make? For instance, are you making abstract art pieces? Stylizing functional objects?
  4. Does the fact that the object will be printed change your procedural workflow from what you would do if you were building a 'purely virtual' 3D model? If so, how?
  5. Are there any features/capabilities you wish you had for fabrication-oriented procedural modeling but that your current tools don't provide?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
 Topic: What are you making with Full Color Plastic?
What are you making with Full Color Plastic? [message #96178] Thu, 14 August 2014 12:00 UTC
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
So, what are you guys going to be making with Full Color Plastic?

I have an elk that I designed long ago for Full color Sandstone, but then I realized that the antlers would be too fragile for it and then shelfed the design. I think I'll dig that back up from some old hard drive somewhere and get it printed in FCP.

Note, if you haven't read the announcements, at the time of this writing you will need special clearance to order in FCP, you can get clearance here. More information can be found on the blog, in the official announcements, and here is is a general discussion about the printer used.

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
 Topic: Anybody from Shapeways gonna be at the 3d printingsummit?
Anybody from Shapeways gonna be at the 3d printingsummit? [message #95959] Tue, 12 August 2014 23:44 UTC
avatar JoyComplex  is currently offline JoyComplex
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
There's 3d printing and additive manufacturing summit this September in Pittsburgh and I'm curious if anyone from Shapeways is going to be in attendance. It's a bit expensive for me to attend but it would be neat for the Pittsburgh area Shapeways crew people to meet with anyone from the mother ship who might be in attendance.

http://www.facebook.com/JoyComplex
 Topic: A stunning evolution in 3D metal printing.
A stunning evolution in 3D metal printing. [message #95399] Tue, 05 August 2014 20:28 UTC
avatar SYMBOLICA  is currently offline SYMBOLICA
Go to my shop
Yeah, married metals on the go!

"Now, researchers at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, are implementing a printing process that transitions from one metal or alloy to another in a single object."

More doors open for creativity in the 3D printing process. How cool is that?

Source: http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/news/3d-printing-20140728/#.U9iw8lZG iDX

For custom creation, re-sizing or any other question please don't hesitate to contact.
 Topic: Giveaway: UtorCase for Xbox One controller and Galaxy S5
Giveaway: UtorCase for Xbox One controller and Galaxy S5 [message #95290] Mon, 04 August 2014 22:19 UTC
avatar UtorCase  is currently offline UtorCase
Go to my shop
Dear SW members,

I wanted to let you know that I am giving away a UtorCase for the Xbox One controller and the Galaxy S5. The giveaway is running on the XDA Android forum at http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/accessories/giveaw ay-utorcase-galaxy-s5-xbox-one-t2838244 as that is the most targeted audience for this promo, but I wanted to let you guys know that you can participate there.

Background story
Just today an Amazon customer cancelled his order, but the item is already in production with Shapeways, so I cannot cancel it myself, but can change the shipping address to the lucky winner :)
I wanted to do a giveaway for a while now and test its effectiveness, and I realized I can turn this unfortunate order cancellation to a great marketing event . :)

[Updated on: Mon, 04 August 2014 22:21 UTC]

Topic: Join the conversation in the Shapeways Interest Groups forums
Join the conversation in the Shapeways Interest Groups forums [message #95261] Mon, 04 August 2014 17:36 UTC
avatar EleanorW  is currently offline EleanorW
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi, Shapeways Community Members!

To paraphrase what I've written elsewhere, one of my favorite things about Shapeways is that 3D printing can be used to make just about anything you can imagine. You are all amazing jewelry designers, animators, model and miniature enthusiasts, product designers, drone part makers, gamers who love Minecraft and Kerbal Space Program, dice makers and table top gamers, and so much more. I love that Shapeways enables you to make new products and parts that enable you to further your interest, hobby, or passion, and also turn it into a business!

Today I started the "Interest Group" forum thread under the "Community" section that is dedicated to building connections between others who share your specific interest. Whether you are a resident expert, or just getting started, use this forum to share ideas, ask questions and get inspiration from others who are engaged in your professional field, hobby, or passion project. Join one of the conversations, or start one for your field here.

Looking forward to hearing what you have to share!
Best,
Eleanor

Eleanor, Shapeways Community Outreach Coordinator
 Topic: 3D Print Award
3D Print Award [message #95071] Thu, 31 July 2014 21:27 UTC
avatar t_singhammer  is currently offline t_singhammer
Go to all my models
Hi all, I wanted to tell about the Wamungo 3D print award.
The award is endowed with 5,000 euros int total along with some non-cash prizes.
Everyone that creates printable 3D models and wants to share them is vey welcome to take part in the award.

More information about the award can be found at http://www.3d-print-award-2014.com

Topic: Soooo excited: a very complimentary article about sloris is posted on 3Dprintingindustry.com
Soooo excited: a very complimentary article about sloris is posted on 3Dprintingindustry.com [message #94962] Wed, 30 July 2014 14:09 UTC
avatar Sloris  is currently offline Sloris
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Happy happy, joy joy! I woke up to find Evan Chavez from 3Dprintingindustry.com wrote a fantastic feature article about sloris. Please check it out: http://3dprintingindustry.com/2014/07/30/meditation-design-s loris-3d-prints-embody-spirit-artist/

index.php?t=getfile&id=66579&private=0

Reignite the whimsy of childhood. Reinvent the ritual of adulthood. http://www.sloris.com
 Topic: "Care Guide" on Bronze (and other metals?) - Great!
"Care Guide" on Bronze (and other metals?) - Great! [message #94324] Sat, 19 July 2014 01:26 UTC
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
Hey Shapeways,

My last few prints in polished Bronze have come with a 'Care Guide' attached to them, and I want to say that this is a fantastic idea, and please don't ever stop! Since I pass these models on to customers, the care guide includes everything they'll need to know about taking care of their new jewelry, and for one-time buyers on Shapeways, the same holds true. Please keep including these care guides with every semi-precious and precious metal!

That's it really, just a two-thumbs-up post.
 Topic: Login Main page difficulties
Login Main page difficulties [message #93684] Thu, 10 July 2014 04:31 UTC
avatar RobTorres  is currently offline RobTorres
Go to my shop

This has been resolved,..thanks.

The pop up login from the main page is not working. The screen pops up, but the authentication doesn't work. I've tested its functionality in two different browsers. Can your IT support people look into this?

[Updated on: Thu, 10 July 2014 15:31 UTC]

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/robsmakershop
 Topic: Shop owners app for smartphones
Shop owners app for smartphones [message #92575] Mon, 23 June 2014 11:42 UTC
avatar Inspired_By_Architecture  is currently offline Inspired_By_Architecture
Go to my shop
I think it would be extremely helpful if Shapeways could in fact create a Shop owner app for Shapeways shop owners. It would be really cool and useful to have a tool at hand from which you can arrange and manage your shop.

I'm specifically thinking of:
1. easy access to forums and discussions for shop owners
2. Managing the products in the shop
3. Modifying the product prices
4. Editing the products and materials offered for sale.
5. defining the order of the photos for a product.
6. Easy access to your notifications
7. Easy access to ordering 3D print
8. Easy access to account settings and shop settings
Etc.

In general standard website pages are loades really slow into smartphones when filled with lots of photos like Shapeways. Therefore it would be brilliant to have this app that would ONLY be dealing with the content of YOUR shop and not the entire Shapeways site. It would save us time and I believe more people would be engage in discussions and forums.

Michael C. Poulsen / Inspired By Architecture

By Michael C. Poulsen
 Topic: Weekend contest: Nationalism weekend
Weekend contest: Nationalism weekend [message #92438] Fri, 20 June 2014 20:19 UTC
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Here in America, we had a Maker Faire at the White house this week, and shortly we'll be celebrating our independence on July 4th. So maker pride, and plain old country pride is abundant. With the World Cup going on, pride in one's home nation is displayed globally. So this weekend, we want you to show us your maker national pride!

https://images4.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_1477323_1605759_1384130686.jpg
Obama Riding Raptor with Machine Gun by kspaho

Rules:
1) An original design that shows off your national pride to be printed in any of our materials.
2) Put a picture of it in this thread, along with a description of what the design means to you and your country.
3) Have fun! and try to have it up by the end of day Tuesday June 24th.

Prize:
Swelling of National pride
Perhaps some Shapeways dollars?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
 Topic: Materials
Materials [message #91523] Sat, 07 June 2014 21:05 UTC
avatar jakob7  is currently offline jakob7
Go to my shop
Can I get stuff printed in "siliconei'm usingis skin safe"?

Find a Putin buttplug, but I cant find that material here?

Would also have something elastic platsic for doing my own disc, (frisbee)
 Topic: New Upload Process and SW Site
New Upload Process and SW Site [message #90062] Wed, 21 May 2014 07:50 UTC
avatar Cad_Rat  is currently offline Cad_Rat
Go to all my models
Does anyone else find the new process from upload to pricing cumbersome. The old way was streamlined and fast. Upload model, fill out description and upload photos. Then just check desired materials and set prices. BOOM DONE!!!

Don't fix it if it isn't broke! Now it takes 3 times as long to go through the pricing and selecting materials. I have numerous complaints from customers that I draw for that says the constant move toward the "FOO FOO LOOK" is a pita to navigate and use.

People want fast, efficient, streamlined shopping and usability, not "FOO FOO"! Maybe just FF on the selling page and streamline they designers side to be fast and intuitive.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 May 2014 07:51 UTC]

Cad_Rat
 Topic: Questions on a concept
Questions on a concept [message #89614] Tue, 13 May 2014 17:03 UTC
avatar kenforst  is currently offline kenforst
Go to my shop
Hello-

I don't wear earrings, but I would like to adapt one of my pendant models to become a set of pierced earrings (the kind with the pins integral to the main body).

What would be your recommendations for the technical specs on this adaptation (length and diameter of the pin, angle of the point, etc.)?

Assuming the item would be made of suitable material, would there be any problem with Shapeways supplying a pair of the backs (for a slight fee) with each set? That would mean that Shapeways would control the consistency of the pin specs.

Or would it be better so that (like the pendants where the buyer has to supply the chain) the designer/maker has to make it clear that the buyer has to supply the backs?

It's just an idea right now, thanks for your consideration.

Ken Forst
 Topic: Tutorial on creating Rings in 3DSMax or Maya?
Tutorial on creating Rings in 3DSMax or Maya? [message #89612] Tue, 13 May 2014 16:20 UTC
avatar shamanize  is currently offline shamanize
Go to all my models
Hey guys,

Is there any tutorials floating around to create Rings in 3DSMax or Maya? I know how to model, I'm mainly looking at how to get measurements done for a ring in a program like Maya or Max. Any help would be appreciated!

Shammy
 Topic: 5 years later...
5 years later... [message #89496] Sun, 11 May 2014 16:08 UTC
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
I noticed something strange today.

The first object I designed (and ordered) was the Cubosphere. It was uploaded on Feb 28, 2009 and its model number is 19,646. I wanted to check that it was possible to print object with moving parts.

Today I uploaded (and ordered) the SphereMaille x4 (don't ask me the purpose, I will let you know you if it works when I will receive them). Model number is 1,961,232.

We are approaching the 2 million mark for the number of objects uploaded at Shapeways.
Wow...

So many things to design, so little time...
 Topic: Disney's Principals of Animation
Disney's Principals of Animation [message #89285] Wed, 07 May 2014 21:24 UTC
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
This doesn't have (a lot) to do with 3d printing, but I thought it might be helpful to anyone doing character modelling....
http://player.vimeo.com/video/93206523

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
 Topic: blogs to increase advertisement
blogs to increase advertisement [message #88953] Thu, 01 May 2014 21:37 UTC
avatar najo98  is currently offline najo98
Go to my shop
hiya peeps, I decided to simply share the idea I had of making a blog to use for advertisement. I started my own blog and it helps move a lot more traffic through my shop. I suggest using blogspot.com they make it easy to biuld a good looking blog for yourself. Here Is a list of things you can do once you have your blog

1. set it up to mach your shop

2. make a link to your shop from the blog on your blogs side bar

3. use key words in your posts and post titles so people will be more likely to find that blog

4. use Google+

I also would suggest to putting a link to your shop in every post ( or at least most of them). If any one else has a good advertising suggestion please leave a comment.

P.S my blog is http://3dlifetime.blogspot.com/

[Updated on: Thu, 01 May 2014 22:46 UTC]

Topic: Give life to your 3d printing projects
Give life to your 3d printing projects [message #88310] Wed, 23 April 2014 11:27 UTC
avatar theprintoo  is currently offline theprintoo
Go to all my models
Printoo is a platform of paper-thin circuit boards and modules. It gives makers an open-source, lightweight, flexible, and modular Arduino-compatible platform to create just about anything you want!

Printoo is now on kickstarter!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1030661323/printoo-pape r-thin-flexible-arduinotm-compatible-m
 Topic: I am available to answer design or prototyping questions
I am available to answer design or prototyping questions [message #88096] Fri, 18 April 2014 21:03 UTC
avatar lymanbishop  is currently offline lymanbishop
Go to my shop
Hi,

I am a mechanical engineer with over 15 years experience in new product design and development. Feel free to contact me by phone or email with any questions. I can advise on issues regarding design, prototyping, mechanical engineering, manufacturing, licensing, distribution or provisional patents.

Advice is always free and I like to do what I can to assist start ups and creative people with good ideas that need to be explored. If you need to discuss details of a proprietary project I am happy to provide an NDA.

Lyman Bishop
406-407-6995
lymanbishop@star-labs.com
 Topic: Milan Design Week: here we are!
Milan Design Week: here we are! [message #88080] Fri, 18 April 2014 16:13 UTC
avatar disegnouno  is currently offline disegnouno
Go to my shop
As you may know, the Milan's Design Week (Italy) is one of the most important events in the world about design.
We were there, of course with our Shapeways products!!

It would be nice to see Shapeways as an exhibitor at the next 2015 edition!

index.php?t=getfile&id=57461&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=57462&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=57463&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=57464&private=0

• Attachment: sh1.jpg
    (Size: 122.53KB, Downloaded 50 time(s))

• Attachment: sh2.jpg
    (Size: 135.74KB, Downloaded 51 time(s))

• Attachment: sh3.jpg
    (Size: 148.88KB, Downloaded 49 time(s))

• Attachment: sh4.jpg
    (Size: 155.19KB, Downloaded 51 time(s))

Topic: Selling products using Shapeways' API
Selling products using Shapeways' API [message #87888] Tue, 15 April 2014 14:54 UTC
avatar leforthomas  is currently offline leforthomas
Go to all my models
Is it possible to sell a product through an web application without a user having to login with Shapeways? I see mixeelabs and it looks like you can generate your figurines without registering with Shapeways, so I guess it is possible. However. looking at the API example it seems that the ordering needs to be handled via Shapeways (with the user having to authenticate).

Is my understanding correct? if not, what would be the best way to proceed on the back end? ie use my user account?

Thanks for any pointers.
 Topic: 3D Printing Research - The competitive advantage the technology offers manufacturing
3D Printing Research - The competitive advantage the technology offers manufacturing [message #87739] Fri, 11 April 2014 15:21 UTC
avatar 3DResearcher  is currently offline 3DResearcher
Go to all my models
Hello,

I am currently conducting research for an academic paper regarding the competitive advantages 3D printing can offer manufacturing. I have prepared a short survey to help with my research. If you are willing to participate please could you get back to me as soon as you are able.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Joshua Mudway
 Topic: Conducting study on 3D Printer communities
Conducting study on 3D Printer communities [message #87606] Wed, 09 April 2014 22:13 UTC
avatar UT_Researcher  is currently offline UT_Researcher
Go to all my models
Hello Everyone,
I am a researcher with the University of Texas and I am working on a project about 3D printer communities. I would really appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to answer my 15 question survey about why you share knowledge in a community, such as this one. The survey can be found at the address below.

utexas.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eIFptklvCEfGRfv

Thank you
 Topic: Temporary Change in Ceramics Lead Time
Temporary Change in Ceramics Lead Time [message #87583] Wed, 09 April 2014 19:08 UTC
avatar SavIsSavvy  is currently offline SavIsSavvy
Go to my shop
I work here
Here at Shapeways, we do our best to deliver premium materials at the fastest possible lead time to as many countries as we can to serve our community across the globe. We do our best to deliver good news as often as we can, while holding honestly and transparency close to our core values.

Last November we announced a ceramics pricing change that made the vast majority of uploaded products in the material considerably cheaper. This empowered many of you to print more and experiment with ceramic products and the results have been stunning.

We track order trends very closely and have noticed that some of you have recently experienced late delivery of your products and we're committed to streamlining the process. While we optimize, please forgive us for a temporary extension of existing ceramic lead times to 18 days. As you also know, we check every model that you upload, and have been experiencing a backlog in model checking in ceramic as well. We hope to reduce this lead time soon and appreciate your understanding.

Be assured the product delivered to you will be of the same great Shapeways quality you have come to expect.We are working with our ceramics production partner to reduce this lead time soon and appreciate your understanding.

Savannah, your Shop Owner Coach/Global Community Manager
 Topic: Museum of Art and Design scan data
Museum of Art and Design scan data [message #87176] Thu, 03 April 2014 02:05 UTC
avatar nichollspete  is currently offline nichollspete
Go to all my models
Hi, I recently had myself scanned at the Museum of Art and Design in NYC and was wondering if I could download the 3D model of me. I am new to the world of 3D modeling/printing and would love to practice on myself. :)
 Topic: Car Miniature Duesenber Model J- Ready to Order
Car Miniature Duesenber Model J- Ready to Order [message #87097] Wed, 02 April 2014 02:56 UTC
avatar Pedr0Kaz  is currently offline Pedr0Kaz
Go to my shop
Duesenberg Automobile & Motors Company, Inc. (sometimes referred to as "Duesy") was an American manufacturer of luxury automobiles. Founded in Des Moines, Iowa, United States by brothers August Duesenberg and Frederick Duesenberg, the company's principal place of operations moved to Auburn, Indiana. Duesenberg was active in various forms from 1913 to 1937. A distinctive feature of the Duesenberg was the "bowtie" style front bumper, which used two pieces of steel, with the top piece bent to resemble a bowtie.

In full color sandstone for ur viewing pleasure.

Its 15 cm Long. Its available in my shop. Enjoy!

index.php?t=getfile&id=55848&private=0

With Shapeways License Plate! :D
index.php?t=getfile&id=55849&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=55850&private=0

• Attachment: Smooth03.jpg
    (Size: 72.80KB, Downloaded 55 time(s))

• Attachment: Smooth01.jpg
    (Size: 76.71KB, Downloaded 58 time(s))

• Attachment: Smooth05.jpg
    (Size: 106.15KB, Downloaded 44 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 02 April 2014 03:24 UTC]

Topic: Custom Heads for MOTU
Custom Heads for MOTU [message #87031] Tue, 01 April 2014 06:22 UTC
avatar Haddr  is currently offline Haddr
Go to all my models
Hi, i just found this site through a review on youtube (pixeldan) and am already finding some cool weapons for using in customizing the MOTU classics line. I've searched for this subject but found nothing...does any one here make heads for MOTU figures..like say if you wanted a sculpt of a celebrity. I've seen a few of those but they are for the 1/6 scale.
Pages (85): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    »]

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.