Search Search  
Today's Messages (OFF)  | Unanswered Messages (ON)

Forum: Shapeways Shops
 Topic: Google Analytics - resolved
Google Analytics - resolved [message #37296] Tue, 25 October 2011 08:27 UTC
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I've just set up Google Analytics on my shop (about an hour ago) but on my shop page (logged out) and my model pages, a different account number is showing. Mine is UA-26483705-2, and the one embeded in the my pages is UA-4437079-1.

Does the system take a while to update?

Cheers,
Paul

[edit]
Update - Had a chat with Barry in SW live chat & he's fixed the issue.
Thanks Barry Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 25 October 2011 11:09 UTC]

Topic: BUG in Retail Price popup on Markup page
BUG in Retail Price popup on Markup page [message #35839] Tue, 04 October 2011 07:45 UTC
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
In the new product management there are now links to the calculation for the retail price for each model/material combination.

Which is nice.

Except that someone's forgotten to do the adding up...

index.php?t=getfile&id=11265&private=0

• Attachment: markupbug.jpg
    (Size: 85.61KB, Downloaded 206 time(s))

Topic: Editing Text Problem
Editing Text Problem [message #35356] Wed, 28 September 2011 19:37 UTC
avatar universaljointNU  is currently offline universaljointNU
Go to my shop
I am having a bit of an issue editing text for my models.

It appears to me that there are /sort/ of two sections - one for a title and one for the body of the text? or are there two sections here?

I sometimes click on the existing description and see that I can edit here, WHILE the "body" of the text seems to remain static and not editable. This area remains a sort of blue color I think.

Anyway, should I be getting ALL the text in one box? Like if I delete everything in the box I am in will it remove everything? Or are there two sections here one for title and one for body of text?

I've found this confusing and can't tell if I should be logged in somewhere else to edit the body of the text, if something is wrong with my system somehow or what is going on.

Thanks for any thoughts.
 Topic: Uploads seem buggy (where is the file name?)
Uploads seem buggy (where is the file name?) [message #35201] Mon, 26 September 2011 21:51 UTC
avatar formpig  is currently offline formpig
Go to all my models
I am having problems using the "upload new model" (or replace model or whatever) option on my design's page. I am trying to upload a new model that is 50% of the size of the original and I can't tell whether the upload is working or not.

The price seems to stay the same and the image seems to stay the same and I can't figure out how to know what is going on. Is this just me?

is there somewhere that I can review the name of my models' FILE NAMES that I have uploaded? I can't see how I am supposed to make sure that the files are correctly uploaded if I don't see the name of the file.

ALSO, I have a whole series of models that start with the same word - like "MyModel_whatever I want to say.stl". Right now I am getting emails from Shapeways that say "We are sorry, your model MyModel had a problem...". But I have no way of knowing if this was MyModel_cute_pony.stl or if it was MyModel.purple_unicorn.stl or if it was - well anyway, I can't tell which model Shapeways had a problem with...

Help?

P.S. I /love/ Shapeways
 Topic: Busted Shapeways Widget on Wordpress site
Busted Shapeways Widget on Wordpress site [message #34936] Fri, 23 September 2011 04:24 UTC
avatar formpig  is currently offline formpig
Go to all my models
Anyone have any idea why the Shapeways widget here is busted based upon the code I used below? It was working and for some reason I see now that it is not. Thanks for any help.

http://formpig.com/blog/?p=4412

[iframe http://www.shapeways.com/widget/include.php?shop=universaljo intdesign&style=dark&rows=1&cols=24 650 178]

<a href="http://www.shapeways.com/shops/universaljointdesign" target="_blank">link to models on shapeways</a>
 Topic: FLICKR Set? (or Vimeo?)
FLICKR Set? (or Vimeo?) [message #34891] Thu, 22 September 2011 16:06 UTC
Go to my shop
anyone know if i can link to a Flickr Set or a Vimeo Vid for one or more of my models?

thanks...
 Topic: Sort Criteria: Upload Date
Sort Criteria: Upload Date [message #28586] Sat, 04 June 2011 10:57 UTC
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
For me it would be a big help if this sort criteria could be split in two topics:

Creation Date: ordered in the same ways as now
Update Date: ordered by "Last file upload"

in that way I can sort out done updates.

Woody64

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD
 Topic: Section Tabs
Section Tabs [message #28278] Fri, 27 May 2011 18:50 UTC
avatar eTraxx  is currently offline eTraxx
Go to my shop
I looked and couldn't find any threads about this. There HAS to be .. I mean .. seems like this would be something that has been at least suggested before.

On the right side of the shop we have shop sections. Cool. Works and all that. Great. Why only on the right? Seems to me that it would make sense to have the Shop Sections as tabs across the top of the shop. If you had too many sections so that you couldn't display them all as tabs .. simply have a scroll arrow on either side of the tab row.

Come on. If you had ... [nuts] [bolts] [washers] across the top of the shop it would be EASY to navigate. The shop sections already exists .. the code for the tabs would have to be written but I doubt that would be a major programming thing.
 Topic: fud before fd
fud before fd [message #27710] Tue, 17 May 2011 18:26 UTC
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
can you change it so if fud and fd are only options fd shows up as default price?

http://www.shapeways.com/model/259893/cystal_number_die.html ?gid=ug

$29.99 looks better then $34.99

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
 Topic: Facebook troubles
Facebook troubles [message #26434] Sat, 23 April 2011 22:31 UTC
Go to my shop
If I want to post an item which gots an update of the stl file recently then facebook shows an old image.
(The image from the previous version

I have an office/business page on facebook and want to publish new things there.

I have disconnected my personal facebook link. Afterwards I logged out and take a look from outside. But the reference to facebook was still visible for the public.
What is not intended from my side.

I want to connect to my business side, is that possible?

Woody64

References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD
 Topic: No volume discount on Stainless Steel
No volume discount on Stainless Steel [message #26386] Fri, 22 April 2011 19:01 UTC
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Since we are speaking about the prices discount for Strong and Flexible materials, why not speaking about metal?
The details are here.
So for Antique Bronze Glossy or Matt, the pricing is:
- from 0 cm³ to 1 cm³, minimum price product: $12.00
- from 1 cm³ to 5 cm³: $10 per cm³
- from 5 cm³ to 10 cm³: $9 per cm³
- more than 10cm³: $8 per cm³
For Stainless Steel instead it is a flat $10 per cm³

This mean that for large objects like this dice set, the price is higher for regular Stainless Steel than for this same material with an additional post-production:
Quote:

Next, your model is patinated and baked in an oven. After which it is machine polished once more. We recommend using it for quite detailed and strong objects where the properties of metal come in handy or are aesthetic. Objects will be quite smooth, though small printing lines remain visible.

Does that really make sense? Should I advise my customers to choose Antique Bronze instead of Stainless Steel to minimize their expenses?

I think we should have the same kind of discount on Stainless Steel...
For instance:
- from 0 cm³ to 1 cm³: $10 per cm³ (no minimum)
- from 1 cm³ to 5 cm³: $8 per cm³
- from 5 cm³ to 10 cm³: $7 per cm³
- more than 10cm³: $6 per cm³

[Updated on: Fri, 22 April 2011 19:39 UTC]

So many things to design, so little time...
 Topic: Tag Search Improvement is Live
Tag Search Improvement is Live [message #23983] Thu, 17 February 2011 19:53 UTC
Anonymous Coward
Until today, we had an interface to create tags for models you upload, and we would display them on each product page. However, they were not clickable--they were just plain text that didn't do anything particularly interesting.

We've made a small tweak and the tags on each product page are now links. Click one, and it searches our database of products to display all others using that tag.

Be sure when you add tags to a product, to separate each tag with a comma. You can use multi-word tags, so a space alone is not enough to define where the tag ends.

Questions and feedback are welcome!

-Ben
 Topic: Updated model not uploadable
Updated model not uploadable [message #23689] Thu, 10 February 2011 20:38 UTC
avatar kontor_apart  is currently offline kontor_apart
Go to my shop
Scenario as follows:
- Model is (privately) available in only a few materials
- An order is placed
- The order is cancelled, likely caused by wall thickness lottery or alike
- All subsequent uploads fail with:
Quote:

There's a problem with your new model 'blah blah'

Based upon the size, volume and wallthickness of your product there is no printer available which is able to print your product. Please adjust the volume and/or size of your product.
which makes you think about a sizing issue or alike, but It turns out that the order cancellation has also disabled all materials which seems to block any future corrective upload.

The (somewhat strange) solution is to first re-enable at least one material prior to any new upload.
 Topic: Paypal payment without fee
Paypal payment without fee [message #23547] Tue, 08 February 2011 08:17 UTC
avatar shim  is currently offline shim
Go to my shop
How does Shapeways send earnings via Paypal, so that the show owner does not pay Paypal fee for receiving money?

Is the fee paid by Shapeways somehow? I do not find a checkbox "fee to be paid by sender" on "Send money" page.
 Topic: option to set markup for all materials
option to set markup for all materials [message #23273] Mon, 31 January 2011 23:54 UTC
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
We now have the option to set individual markups for each material but it would be nice to have an extra entry in the material drop-down for all materials.

Yes I know we can go into "Go to product inventory" but I've got 80+ items now in my shop and it takes a significant time to load that - and it's one more step to have to go through when adding an item
 Topic: Currency Flags in stores
Currency Flags in stores [message #22302] Fri, 07 January 2011 23:24 UTC
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I only noticed the little currency flag in my model pages recently. It was Canadian - which is where I am. Then I messed around with changing it to see what would happen with the price. Now, no matter what I do it keeps reverting back to the Albanian flag! I then checked a few other stores and all theirs were Albanian too! Now unless they were all actually from that country (!) why does the flag not stay on the country it's set to?

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
 Topic: support saving money. lend your voices shop owners
support saving money. lend your voices shop owners [message #21288] Sun, 05 December 2010 00:59 UTC
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
Take a look at this thread and add your voice to it. It is my concept on how to save shapeways hundreds of dollars and each of us a few dollars a month.

http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=2128 7&#msg_21287

Only saves money for those of us that buy there own designs but I am assuming that is a lot of us.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
 Topic: Missing images
Missing images [message #20148] Fri, 05 November 2010 19:49 UTC
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Anyone else seeing a lot of "this item is no longer available" in their items?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
 Topic: Item count bug in shop section
Item count bug in shop section [message #19994] Tue, 02 November 2010 23:52 UTC
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
It seems that the shop sections counters show all the items, not just the ones you can really buy or at least see. It even lists "own" or "contracted" sections with no public items at all, instead of just hidding them. So you visit a section that says to contain 16 but only see 12 or other with 5 and then get nothing.
 Topic: Feature Request: Different view angles
Feature Request: Different view angles [message #18638] Sat, 02 October 2010 16:08 UTC
Go to my shop
For some of my topics I would be happy when there would be 2 or 4 default images available from different views (front, left, right, back).
I simple did that for one entry by rotating the stl file and downloading and uploading the back image on myself.
But that can be an easy tweak for your guys and would make life easier:

Here's the item
http://www.shapeways.com/model/137459/pauldron_m__test_.html ?gid=ug11290

Woody64

Topic: Order Report cancellations to be negatives
Order Report cancellations to be negatives [message #18485] Tue, 28 September 2010 13:18 UTC
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
When a Shop owner is looking at his/her Order Report the MarkUps can be confusing if there are items that were cancelled for whatever reason after being ordered. The column does not reflect these amounts as credits and thus when totalling the column(s) the owner has to take these figures into account and remove them from the calculation.

If they were listed as a credit it would simply be a matter of totalling the column to get the right amount(s).

Glenn (a former bookeeper!)

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
 Topic: [solved] noob question, pictures first ????
[solved] noob question, pictures first ???? [message #18131] Tue, 21 September 2010 20:45 UTC
avatar liquid98  is currently offline liquid98
Go to all my models
Hello creators!

Question about the shop: When I put a product in the shop ,the standard black and white rendering is showed. How do I swap this with my own pictures and renderings?

Tnx

{edit}
Found out myself: just select model in 'my designs' .Then on the right select "Main thumbnail image:".

Happy shaping!

[Updated on: Tue, 21 September 2010 21:04 UTC]

Topic: Vimeo Link Workaround?
Vimeo Link Workaround? [message #17261] Sat, 04 September 2010 15:07 UTC
Go to my shop
I have all my stuff organized on Vimeo. Is there a workaround for getting this link in Shapeways or do I need to upload all my stuff to YouTube?

Also, are there good places and good ways to get Flickr and/or other links into Shapeways in a convenient and direct way (so that the link is active)? I have supplemental visual information for my shop that I would like to link to.

Thanks,

Jon
 Topic: Materials and time in order overview and co-creator orders
Materials and time in order overview and co-creator orders [message #14463] Tue, 06 July 2010 22:06 UTC
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
- I would love to see in which materials my sales were ordered.

- And for co-creators it would especially be helpful to know in which material it was ordered. (details/wall-thickness)

- Would also still like to see "time" of sales, next to the date

Stijn

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
 Topic: Reprise: Markup as percentage of Material dependant pricing
Reprise: Markup as percentage of Material dependant pricing [message #12105] Sun, 25 April 2010 20:24 UTC
avatar Schmiegel  is currently offline Schmiegel
Go to my shop
Ahoi,

I know it already has been posted ...
Just to say setting the markup as a percentage of the material price is the first thing I missed when furnishing my brand new store.

As it is known to be on your ToDo list I just wanted to give it a polite kick to push it one or two positions higher in the priority ranking Smile

Cheers,
Florian

[Updated on: Sun, 25 April 2010 20:25 UTC]

Topic: BLOGs for shops
BLOGs for shops [message #9006] Sat, 16 January 2010 13:05 UTC
Go to my shop
Would be great to have an own BLOG for my shop attached to the shapeways blog.

It can be listed under Shops in Categories.

It can be used to:
- announce new items
- Show printed results
- report problems and hints
- adding tutorials for your own items
I think all shop owners can think over a lot of additional topice which can be placed there.

In general advertisment could be supported by such a blog.

Woody64

[Updated on: Sat, 16 January 2010 13:06 UTC]

Topic: Private model VIP list
Private model VIP list [message #8354] Wed, 16 December 2009 16:51 UTC
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Just thought of this as I was looking at my items, and I drew an item for a guy, that he probably won't order another, and no one else will probably order it. I could move it to private in case he decides to order another, but it would be nice if we could make private models and add people to be able to view it. A private invitation shop.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
 Topic: An interesting Idea
An interesting Idea [message #8198] Thu, 10 December 2009 13:24 UTC
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I was thinking while looking at the two recent topics on test prints. It would be a pain to have 3 models that were the minimum thickness for the 3 different thickness requirements. What if we could upload a hollow shell that the thickness would be done by shapeways on a material basis. That way you'd know you got the cheapest model for that model and material possible without having to draw it all three ways.

Topic: Bugs/Failures ...
Bugs/Failures ... [message #8097] Sat, 05 December 2009 20:01 UTC
Go to my shop
- List view doesn't work for me
- Results per page doesn't work (only 10 items were shown nevertheless what I select)
- If something is changed the order of the items is changed. That's not a good idea, because the order of the items can be user edited in the shop. That is destroyed by an automatic reordering.
- Previous/Next Buttons should be also under the save button, because that's the most used combination.
- Sometimes the next item of the gallery is shown and not my next item. I can't reproduce that but it happens from time to time.
- Sometimes the basket is not shown over the item picture. After a reload of the page it workes oncemore.
- Adding a shop section needs a "save" to be effective. From time to time the "save" button is not selectable after a change.
- A material restriction "White & flexible (all colors)" would be nice. Since adding that is a lot of unnecessary work.
- Sorry to say, but in the meantime the missing public "bug status list" is a bug for me. Let's take a look on the first side of this forum:
- Material restrictions ... uncommentet/status unclear
- Interesting Math ... uncommented/status unclear
- Suggestions ... partly solved?/status partly unclear
- First/last random appearance ... uncommented/status unclear
- Order overview ... denied by other user since available
- Missing basket order ... open
- Bug and how to sqash them ... 1 solved ...
- Thin walls check ... open (information from the service staff) 

Woody64

[Updated on: Sat, 05 December 2009 20:23 UTC]

Topic: First/Last random appearance
First/Last random appearance [message #7873] Mon, 23 November 2009 14:05 UTC
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
When in my designs, and scrolling through my items. I noticed most of the time First and Last does not appear. You just have Previous and Next.

Topic: must be a member to buy ?
must be a member to buy ? [message #7358] Mon, 19 October 2009 19:00 UTC
avatar D_man  is currently offline D_man
Go to my shop
Hi,

I'm afraid I just saw something I don't really like...

Must someone be a Shapeways's member to order something from a shop ?

I think this might stop some people from buying...

j.
 Topic: shop details
shop details [message #7258] Tue, 13 October 2009 20:36 UTC
avatar MichielCornelissen  is currently offline MichielCornelissen
Go to my shop
So here goes:

- for viewers in Europe, would it be possible to show the price they have to pay in euro's, including vat? This is more clear, and probably more attractive to them as the number in euro's will be lower than the number in dollars.

- if I'm not mistaken, at them moment you have to create an account in order to buy. Would it be possible to add the possibility of buying without creating an account, like many webshops have?

- oh and another one, some people told me they were kept off buying some of my items by the minimum amount of 25 dollar. I would personally prefer a fixed shipping cost, and lower material costs. Anyone who shops on the net is used to this.

Cheers, Michiel

www.michielcornelissen.com
twitter: @michiel_ontwerp
 Topic: Missing basket icon for orderable items
Missing basket icon for orderable items [message #7043] Sat, 03 October 2009 08:07 UTC
Go to my shop
I've seen this bug sporadically during the last months.

Today I had it on each side that the red basket (order) icon is missing on (1-2) items per page. If you click on the item the item is orderable.

Woody64

Topic: Storefronts
Storefronts [message #6633] Thu, 17 September 2009 16:14 UTC
avatar FreakGeekUnique  is currently offline FreakGeekUnique
Go to all my models
What would be nice is an actual 'storefront' to people's stores. Doesn't have to be much - just the ability to add a little front-end design to a store and a description of what the store's main drive/theme is - if any. Obviously some people would want to just stick with just a collection of images but it's something I would want to have available to me as a creator and something I would find useful as a consumer.
 Topic: Printed Models
Printed Models [message #6235] Wed, 02 September 2009 15:34 UTC
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I noticed this before, but on the home page, under printed models see what others have done with their printed models. Days like today all the images there are renderings. I saw my double headed coin, and I know it hasn't been printed yet. I guess if you upload images it automatically goes into this category?

Topic: Text overlap when listing models
Text overlap when listing models [message #6050] Tue, 25 August 2009 13:48 UTC
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Hi Joris et al,

Great update on the shop, so now people can see all my models in one view.

Minor problem: texts overlap in the "list" view. See below. Can you fix that?

Thanks.

Oskar

index.php?t=getfile&id=1188&private=0

Topic: Change Product Order
Change Product Order [message #5833] Thu, 13 August 2009 12:34 UTC
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
For some reason the product order buttons have not been showing up properly. At first most had the buttons but some had a stack of bars above the image. Now I have no buttons but I still have stacks of bars above some of the images.

Topic: Comments on my own models
Comments on my own models [message #5333] Tue, 21 July 2009 13:20 UTC
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I know at least once, I have made the booboo of putting the description in a comment instead. I think you should be able to delete you own comments. Instead of marking them as inappropriate.

Topic: Shapeways as webservice
Shapeways as webservice [message #4470] Sun, 17 May 2009 19:03 UTC
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways,

Is your service available as webservice? Or do you have any plans in this direction?

A webservice would enable applications to upload a model and order it directly from Shapeways, without as a designer having to go through the web interface.

A very popular puzzle design tools is Burrtools.
http://burrtools.sourceforge.net/
This open source tool creates perfect STLs. An "Order from Shapeways" button would make it very easy for its users to get a sample of a design. And such a button would be good publicity for Shapeways. However, in order for this to become possible, Shapeways should be available as a webservice.

What do you think?

Best regards,

Oskar

[Updated on: Sun, 17 May 2009 19:03 UTC]

Forum: General Discussion
 Topic: Where did my models go ??
Where did my models go ?? [message #97213] Wed, 27 August 2014 19:49 UTC
avatar Area50  is currently offline Area50
Go to my shop
Good day all.

Well today I tried to upload some models of my new ring.
Besides the probably well known thin wall rejection galore, what mostly wonders me is....where did they go?
The thin wall issue is another story to tackle since all my programs like Nedfabb and Meshlab say all is good.

I did all the upload steps needed, put a price on it, assign materials etc and I got the needed e-mails telling me that I did upload them etc.
However they won't show up in my models folder.
If I follow the links in the e-mail's I get to the models and can change things however nothing under my models or in my shop.
Besides some older models I already had there.

Can some one tell me this is a bug or did I do something wrong or missed a step?

Any help would relieve me from some frustrations.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jay

[Updated on: Wed, 27 August 2014 19:51 UTC]

Pages (85): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    »]

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.