Limited Time Offer: Get 10% off your own designs in 16 cast metal finishes · Learn More
Search Search  
Today's Messages (OFF)  | Unanswered Messages (ON)

Forum: 3D Printing
 Topic: Minimum thickness on non structural parts
Minimum thickness on non structural parts [message #11188] Sun, 28 March 2010 20:06 UTC
avatar Schorhr  is currently offline Schorhr
Go to my shop
Short question;
Is it possible to print thiner parts then the specified minimum wall thickness, if it is not critical to the whole model stability?

I know of http://www.shapeways.com/model/96574/evil_purple_tentacle.ht ml where the tentacle/arms are a bit thinner.

I was thinking of smaller metal sew-on emblems and full color sandstone model figures for model train stuff.
http://www.nottoxic.com/wapcc/ae/aqua/thinprint.png (just quick sketches)
As they are so small themselves that there is nearly no weight/force stressing these parts, would it be possible?
What is the minimum tollerance?
 Topic: 3D Printing for Casting. Need some advice
3D Printing for Casting. Need some advice [message #9643] Sat, 06 February 2010 10:29 UTC
avatar boraz  is currently offline boraz
Go to all my models
Hi everyone. I modeled a custom ring in Rhino, which I wanna get casted in gold (it's like a family ring kind of thing), and I need an acutal solid model. From what I understand the best option for me would be wax printing, in order to use the wax model with the lost wax casting process, but as you know, Shapeways doesn't offer that material.
What are my options then? I saw they offer different kinds of plastic materials, and stainless steel. I just want the model to be detailed and the surface to be smooth.
Any advice would be appreciated.
thank you
 Topic: normals question
normals question [message #8663] Thu, 31 December 2009 13:52 UTC
avatar azurescorch  is currently offline azurescorch
Go to all my models
link to the Image

The top picture is incorrect in Blender but correct in the site's preview image.
The bottom picture is correct in Blender, but the normals are inverted in the preview image.

Will one not print? Or will the printer treat both versions the same and ignore the normal directions? Which one should be used?

This is odd as I've uploaded meshes made with blender before and never had this problem.
 Topic: Spec related to metal printing
Spec related to metal printing [message #8026] Wed, 02 December 2009 09:54 UTC
avatar PjotrDuMat  is currently offline PjotrDuMat
Go to my shop
I wonder what to consider when designing a metal part. Peter told me details of 0,1 mm will show. He also told me to have wallthicknesses of at least 3 mm (maybe a little less for small products).

When designing the housing of something like a fountain pen such object becomes enormous and very heavy !
So, what is possible with the metal printing technique Shapeways is using and how is it effected by the printing direction? Any specs on this ?

Rein
 Topic: cannot choose White, Strong & Flexible
cannot choose White, Strong & Flexible [message #7920] Fri, 27 November 2009 04:53 UTC
avatar kjduieo  is currently offline kjduieo
Go to all my models
Hello, i'm new on this great site and have a question.
I want to use the material White, Strong & Flexible for my design: Inward.
Inward: http://www.shapeways.com/model/68366/inward.html
However It was not possible to select PA 2200.

Uploaded two other files to explore the problem.
half Inward: http://www.shapeways.com/model/68475/inward_half2.html
Upward: http://www.shapeways.com/model/68394/upward.html
They could be made out of PA2200.

Now i suppose the space inside the model Inward under the rim and bottom (ca 5mm) is too small to pour the powder out of the product.
Is this correct and must there be another hole in the product, or did i simply made somewhere a mistake?

Thanks in advance ...

Topic: Advise + Printing Wooden Parts with German Invention
Advise + Printing Wooden Parts with German Invention [message #5718] Thu, 06 August 2009 22:56 UTC
avatar Mustafa Umut Sarac  is currently offline Mustafa Umut Sarac
Go to all my models
US researchers are researching casting wood like a plastic for 60 years. But they did not succeed .
Wood contains 3 main material , lignin , cellulose and hemicellulose.
Special material which makes wood strong is lignin.
German Fraunhofer Institute finally succeeded to add some chemicals in to the lignin and produce heat meltable and seting wood with it.
But they keep the formula secret.
They sell this heat meltable wood with german Tecnaro company.
You buy the cookie size wood pieces from them , melt and do your job.
I think they cost 5 dollars per kilogram , produce ebony density and comes with many colors.
If you make a powder from it and print objects with wood , it would be lovely.
It melts 60 Celcius degrees.

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul
 Topic: about thin walls
about thin walls [message #5008] Wed, 24 June 2009 12:18 UTC
avatar galladur  is currently offline galladur
Go to all my models
Hello....

I have a little "problem" with wall thickness....

how do you calculate the "limit" of printability of a model ?
I know there's 1mm min for "détail" and 0.7 for WSF, but... sometimes I don't know in witch case we can pass through this.

Here is an example that will be clearer :
If I want to print a "cone" of 3cmx3cmx3cm.... the end of the cone is going smaller and smaller... and it pass always under the 1mm limit !

other example :
Here is an Ogre..... (picture below)
It's a 3.9cm figurine.... it has passed succesfully the "upload" checks...
but the staples of the shoes are only 0.5mm thick.
Will the model be "unprintable" or "printable" ?

http://zepload.com/images/1245849025_Ghork.JPG

Finaly a last question : is the limit fixed by the printers or is this a limit you've decided to assure resistance ?

Galladur
 Topic: Distortion on printed WSP part ?
Distortion on printed WSP part ? [message #4182] Wed, 29 April 2009 21:14 UTC
avatar pjrebordao  is currently offline pjrebordao
Go to my shop
I've just received my first part made of WSF, and on a first inspection I have a couple questions that some of you might be able to answer...

- the part is slightly distorted (bent) in one of the axes. About 1mm on a 160mm length. Is that to be expected as part of the process and the achievable precision, or it just didn't turn out completely Ok ???
- Also, the model had a hole with a 1mm diameter, and it didn't came out. Was it too small ?

Thanks
 Topic: Stainless steel & bronze materials
icon5.gif  Stainless steel & bronze materials [message #3613] Sun, 29 March 2009 00:26 UTC
avatar psau3  is currently offline psau3
Go to my shop
I know they're rather new, but I was hoping for some details about the two new metal printing options; particle size, level of achievable detail, min wall thickness, sintering temps, post-working possibilities and experience, etc.

Even anecdotal info would be greatly welcomed, as I hope to produce some rather small & complicated items in either metal over the next few months.

I was initially planning to produce the designs in PMC silver from a silicone mould. Being able to go straight to steel would solve some serious strength issues, but being able to effectively work the piece to add detail and improve surface finish is critical.

Yes, I am keeping an eye on Whistler's new thread. Smile
 Topic: Things I'd pay extra for
Things I'd pay extra for [message #3376] Mon, 16 March 2009 07:32 UTC
avatar daddymack  is currently offline daddymack
Go to my shop
Hi Guys, most of you know I get a real kick out of this service and community... I was just thinking about future directions for the media and I came upon a few things that I personally would definitely pay extra for in prints.

The main ones are as follows

Higher polycount
    Finer printing layers
    Choice of print direction

Some of these options would massively improve my end use of the product and personally I'd pay a premium for these options separate to the service I already use happily.

What do you guys think? Any ideas?
 Topic: Warning, reset xform before exporting!
Warning, reset xform before exporting! [message #2164] Thu, 04 December 2008 11:12 UTC
avatar dock  is currently offline dock
Go to all my models
I just received my Shapeways model, and the model was.. deformed.

Sad

It was half the correct size, and squashed. At first I thought something must have gone wrong at Shapeways end, but after checking the 3D preview closer it turned out that my export was to blame. I had to apply 'reset xform' in MAX in order to correct the shape.

So as a cautionary tale, if you don't want to waste £22 like I did, be sure to double check your model in the 3D viewer. The preview angle made the model look correct, but upon closer inspection it was clearly very squshed.

This was an xmas gift for someone, so I hope my replacement gets here in time for me to paint it.
 Topic: teeny tiny letters?
teeny tiny letters? [message #1427] Thu, 25 September 2008 15:52 UTC
avatar clearmenser  is currently offline clearmenser
Go to my shop
I'm working on some finger rings and would like to know if anyone has done tests with alpha numeric characters at that scale.
What would be a good minimum height of the letters from top to bottom? 5mm max, or so.
Can anyone reccomend a good Type1 font for ledgibility?

I figure, worst case scenario I'll have to do it by hand and then displace the polys.
Forum: Bug Reporting
 Topic: Suggestion
Suggestion [message #111576] Wed, 04 March 2015 22:53 UTC
avatar Valentin_Mladin  is currently offline Valentin_Mladin
Go to my shop
Hi team,

I signed up an started creating some pieces of jewelry and while it is great to be able to see your own creations come to life and also make some money on the side, it is a little harder to get exposure on my shop page.

We, the 3d artists need to market ourselves on different social media sites and even if all my Facebook friends will be able to see a picture of my ring and share it with others they still don't get the full idea of a 3d object becoming a real thing.

The guys at sketchfab just announced their newest embedding process on Facebook using their proprietary 3d object viewing engine. So when someone posts the link to one of their hosted objects the output will be a 3d object that you can rotate, zoom and pan.

I wonder if you are considering to implement a similar thing. It will be great if so because it will be a win win situation for both 3d artists and your company.

Thanks for taking your time to reply to my suggestion.

All the best!
Valentin Mladin
 Topic: Shop Inventory does not work
Shop Inventory does not work [message #111436] Tue, 03 March 2015 13:00 UTC
avatar panguver  is currently offline panguver
Go to my shop
Hi all,

I just uploaded several models as addition to 700+ public models in my shop. New models have status "private", but it filter not working. So I cannot find my new uploaded models.

Thanks.
 Topic: Incorrect Pricing in Shop Inventory
Incorrect Pricing in Shop Inventory [message #111356] Sun, 01 March 2015 22:09 UTC
avatar Brian_Richardson is currently online Brian_Richardson
Go to my shop
Several items shown in my Shop's Inventory are marked as not for sale, when the are for sale, and show up in my shop. Both the fairy and Cerberus are for sale in my shop, but are marked as not for sale in the inventory page.
index.php?t=getfile&id=91296&private=0

• Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 1.17MB, Downloaded 24 time(s))

Topic: Filter "not for sale" and "private" works incorrectly.
Filter "not for sale" and "private" works incorrectly. [message #110847] Fri, 20 February 2015 12:02 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi all,

I have 68 pages of models (12 items per page) in Shop Inventory globally and 58 pages (12 items per page) as "private, not for sale". However, I have 31 pages (12 items per page) in my shop for sale. Most of my models in public shop looks as not for sale in Shop Inventory.

Why? Shop Inventory does not work???
Thanks.
 Topic: Uploaded pictures not saved
Uploaded pictures not saved [message #110536] Sun, 15 February 2015 12:12 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi,

When I edit my listing with added prices, I set item for sales, then add pictures to listing, set material for and set it picture as default image. Then I proceed to product review page. As result - my picture is loss... absolutely! I need to re-upload it in this case. Is it normally?

Thanks.
 Topic: Number of page with listings not saved
Number of page with listings not saved [message #110535] Sun, 15 February 2015 10:44 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi,

It not good idea to get only first page with items during editing process on listings. Shapeways does not remember the page where I work. Could you fix it?

Thanks.
 Topic: item will not appear in shop
item will not appear in shop [message #110476] Sat, 14 February 2015 10:49 UTC
avatar periocus  is currently offline periocus
Go to my shop
I have been searching the froum on my topic, but did not find something similar.

I have opend an item for sale, but it will not appear in the shop as the other three items do. It is in the correct categorie. All marks and prices are set.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/WCHT9W5WW/stadthaus-2-1-22 0-z-scale

Categorie:
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/Periocus?section=1%3A220+-+G ebaeude&s=0

It is the only item currently in print and i like to avoid a reupload due to that.

Does anyone know what might be the cause? Thank you very much.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 February 2015 10:54 UTC]

Topic: A challenge for the Shapeways renderer?
A challenge for the Shapeways renderer? [message #110458] Sat, 14 February 2015 00:56 UTC
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
This model looks really bizarre in the SW render, at least in metal. It does not have flat faces on the left and right sides as it appears in the screen shot below. All the faces are curved.

The renderer seems unable to get the reflective faces correct. It seems to look fine in WSF, so it must be the reflecting surface that is causing problems?
index.php?t=getfile&id=89175&private=0

• Attachment: Stienmetz.jpg
    (Size: 12.73KB, Downloaded 55 time(s))

[Updated on: Sat, 14 February 2015 00:59 UTC]

Topic: Shapeways not able to save new prices from csv on 280+ models (4700+ rows)
Shapeways not able to save new prices from csv on 280+ models (4700+ rows) [message #110449] Fri, 13 February 2015 19:01 UTC
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=89133&private=0

Hi,

This picture I see during several hours but prices does not been updated. Pick it manually? Any suggestions? More over, ping from Shapeways become more than several seconds.

Thanks.

• Attachment: csvWrong2.jpg
    (Size: 828.55KB, Downloaded 22 time(s))

Topic: Csv uploading error
Csv uploading error [message #110415] Fri, 13 February 2015 10:17 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi all,

I got error during uploading modified csv file. Please see attached file for finding my errors.

UP. It was solved by changing of regional settings for Excel.

Hovewer, problem in uploading new prices because downloaded original by Shapeways csv file is wrong. On several items (Ring_d21.5_PEsrx201Oca311iFR011x011-wax for example) csv file contains the prices for unavailable for sales materials (steel, for example). These strings get error of uploading csv. Please see attached screenshots.

index.php?t=getfile&id=89065&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=89066&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=89067&private=0

As result, the new prices do not apply.

UP. Solved by creating price politics for all available materials in Excel (in csv).

At present time this process of price updating for about 280 models still not finished (several hours). What will be for 1000+ models next week?

[Updated on: Fri, 13 February 2015 14:06 UTC]

Topic: can't get some products labelt as status "sell"
can't get some products labelt as status "sell" [message #110293] Wed, 11 February 2015 10:21 UTC
avatar microarc  is currently offline microarc
Go to my shop
Hello,

my products are showen in the "Shop Inventory" in the right way but I cant get them laybelt as "for sell" ( ->Not For Sale by microarc).
If I used som filter like "For Sale Products" the same produkts are shown as (€15.79 by microarc).
This is really annoying for managing the inventory.
with the Beta status ther ist the same problem.

Hope the is a quick solution.

best regards

microarc

Topic: Search in My Models & Sell
Search in My Models & Sell [message #109474] Mon, 02 February 2015 16:49 UTC
avatar PrettySmallThings  is currently offline PrettySmallThings
Go to my shop
I find the updated search tools nearly unusable. Some of these are clear bugs, others perhaps suggestions.

1. Search in My Models has problems with punctuation & special characters. Searches for 1:24 or (Set of 5) yield no results.
2. Search on the Sell page is very responsive, and works with partial search terms. I can start typing, and it immediately returns results that start with the typed letters. But My Models does not work the same way. For example, I have 20+ private models that start with 48QA. I used to be able to pull up those models with just that search term and order them with a few clicks, but now search in My Models yields no results. Now I have look up the full name on my hard drive, or search tirelessly through page by page to find the model I need.
3. The tag search for sell is awesome, but until there's a way to batch edit tags (CSV! CSV!) it's useless to anyone with a big archive.
4. And since the tag search, responsive search, & filters all work so well on Sell, why can't we have them in my models? My models allows easy ordering, especially on big orders for wholesale or resale, and I really need the same functions as the sell page.
 Topic: Sometimes no "nice" render in Creations Section
Sometimes no "nice" render in Creations Section [message #109465] Mon, 02 February 2015 08:16 UTC
avatar NikkruGadgets  is currently offline NikkruGadgets
Go to my shop
Hi,

If looked at the "Creations", many models are shown with the default render instead of with the nice one https://www.shapeways.com/designer/NikkruGadgets even though the nice render is set as default and is also visible if the item is clicked.

The weird thing is that it's not consistent, since some of the items do have the nice renders in the Creations list.... and some don't. I don't really see a pattern or reason why some work and some don't.
It would be nice to have nice renders for all models.

Best regards,
Nik

Organic, miniatures, visualization and animation http://www.nikkrugadgets.de/home/home-eng/
 Topic: Full Color Sandstone not displaying in color in the shop
Full Color Sandstone not displaying in color in the shop [message #109444] Sun, 01 February 2015 19:55 UTC
avatar MisterSugarcube  is currently offline MisterSugarcube
Go to my shop
http://i.imgur.com/EZJPgAc.png

http://puu.sh/fl1jt/c06392198b.jpg

Though the texture appears fine in the preview window on the Model and Details tabs, and it's checked off as fine on the 3D view page, the store page only displays it like this;

http://puu.sh/fl1rd/85b60517ab.jpg

Where's the color gone? I have multiple other full color sandstone models that display just fine.

[Updated on: Sun, 01 February 2015 19:56 UTC]

Topic: View product link doesn't work -- or the product page is broken
View product link doesn't work -- or the product page is broken [message #109346] Sat, 31 January 2015 06:19 UTC
avatar GetaVe  is currently offline GetaVe
Go to my shop
As the title suggests, the product link / page is not working for one of my products. (same product as my previous post).
 Topic: Vanishing Models
Vanishing Models [message #109138] Thu, 29 January 2015 00:37 UTC
avatar Mechanoid  is currently offline Mechanoid
Go to my shop
Since the major update to the system, I have had upwards of 30 models that have vanished from public view, as well as even from my own models list. I found a few through old orders. Models that I pulled from sale while issues are being looked at, have now also vanished. And I'v had models I removed long ago, pop up out of now where.

What Gives?

Is this a new way of trying to make me close my shop, or what?

I.D.I.C. = Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations
 Topic: Co-creator email bug
Co-creator email bug [message #108579] Thu, 22 January 2015 18:15 UTC
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert

I have no co-creator items in my shop and yet today I received an email saying that I have a co-creator model to upload and that it is overdue from 1970!!

Secret Love Pendant 2wing 3056386 Premium Silver Premium Silver cm³ 1970-01-01 Overdue

I have let Customer Support know, just posting this in case anyone else got this weird email.

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
 Topic: Public profile vs Shop - product's order
Public profile vs Shop - product's order [message #108538] Thu, 22 January 2015 09:12 UTC
avatar StefanoAlberti  is currently offline StefanoAlberti
Go to my shop
Hi,

the order of my products in my public profile is different from the one in my shop.
Before the update they had the the same order as in the Shop Inventory.

Public profile:
https://www.shapeways.com/designer/StefanoAlberti

Shop:
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/StefanoAlbertiDesign

I'm not sure it's a bug, but I think it was better before the update.

Thanks,
Stefano

Topic: search filtering
search filtering [message #108406] Mon, 19 January 2015 22:45 UTC
avatar marco_gruebler  is currently offline marco_gruebler
Go to all my models
hello.
i would suggest a way to filter search results (or shops the same)
it would be nice to be able to filter, eg by material, or stl file available for free download

thanks shapeways team!
 Topic: Model viewer bug on the Edit model page
Model viewer bug on the Edit model page [message #108329] Sun, 18 January 2015 19:48 UTC
avatar a3dlei  is currently offline a3dlei
Go to my shop
https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th= 24141&goto=108324#msg_108324

ty
 Topic: downloading/uploading same file error
downloading/uploading same file error [message #107546] Fri, 09 January 2015 00:43 UTC
avatar MrNibbles  is currently offline MrNibbles
Go to my shop
Not sure if this is a bug but it is odd. If I download a compressed x3d formatted file from my account, and then upload the EXACT same compressed file as an update to another model the system does not recognize the zipped file. I can work around this by uncompressing the file and then uploading the uncompressed file, but why does this need to be done?

I haven't had giant model files yet that need to be compressed so this is a unique problem so far. But if I need to in the future is there a preferred way to compress files for upload?
 Topic: Credit Card Billing Address With Different Country
Credit Card Billing Address With Different Country [message #105951] Tue, 23 December 2014 10:25 UTC
avatar turbobits  is currently offline turbobits
Go to all my models
If I am shipping my product to another country, but my credit card is registered in my home country, Shapeways forces the billing address country to be the destination country. This means I need to pay with Paypal to accomplish the checkout. I imagine this means more fees for Shapeways. It's something you should look into.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 December 2014 10:26 UTC]

Topic: android mobile shapeways app
android mobile shapeways app [message #105569] Fri, 19 December 2014 08:28 UTC
avatar Frequency  is currently offline Frequency
Go to my shop
It would be really cool if there were an android optimized app to, view, and buy products, or at least an app for the shop owners to access their ships and stay in touch with other members, maybe even upload stl files if their device can do it.

Frequency
 Topic: Website Breakdown
Website Breakdown [message #104109] Mon, 01 December 2014 23:13 UTC
avatar AndreMW  is currently offline AndreMW
Go to all my models
Hello

I wanted to order some game pieces and due to an error made by the designer i was notified that the print has been canceled.
No problem I thought and tried to order a different object. Well, instead of ordering it I had website breakdowns from 11.00-12.00pm CET and was not able to order the object and when finally the website was online I no longer could use the CYBER20 discount.

I am little bit annoyed by this.

Hopefully you can help me,

André Winter
 Topic: Wall thickness tool
Wall thickness tool [message #104095] Mon, 01 December 2014 20:44 UTC
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
I am not getting an image of the model in the wall thickness tool.
I have tried different models and materials.

I use Windows 7 Firefox 33.1.1

index.php?t=getfile&id=79757&private=0

jacantdesign@gmail.com
 Topic: Centered text in Shapeways emails
Centered text in Shapeways emails [message #103478] Sat, 22 November 2014 18:21 UTC
avatar dcyale  is currently offline dcyale
Go to my shop
PLEASE PLEASE change the code that is centering the text in the emails I have gotten from Customer Service. It is hard to read and for some reason bugs me way more than it should.

Dave Yale
 Topic: Cancel Order button not working
Cancel Order button not working [message #100225] Fri, 03 October 2014 11:42 UTC
avatar ramon9000  is currently offline ramon9000
Go to all my models
My order status is pending.
When I click on the cancel order button the page goes a dark grey colour and I can see the words
"The requested content cannot be loaded".
This happens on firefox and chrome so I think its a bug in Shapeways' website.
Anybody else seeing this?
I've emailed shapeways yesterday, no response yet.
How do I cancel this order?

Topic: Upload file in ZIP, won't use MM
Upload file in ZIP, won't use MM [message #98864] Thu, 18 September 2014 19:50 UTC
avatar LeRoy3rd  is currently offline LeRoy3rd
Go to all my models
I messaged customer service, but it looks like they didn't even read my email. Since then, I've done several more tests. Here's what's wrong:

When I upload a model in collada format, the dimensions are perfect, but when I put the SAME collada file into a ZIP, the dimensions are wrong when it's uploaded.

How I confirmed this:

Test 1
-Made a solid (6 sided) cube at 20cm3 (200mm3) (20cm x20cm x20cm, or 200mm x 200mm x 200mm)
-Exported model as a collada file (dae)
-Uploaded collada file to Shapeways (selecting millimeters as the input unit)
-The dimensions are as expected: 20cm x 20cm x 20cm

Test 1a
-Used the SAME collada file from "Test 1"
-Put file into a ZIP
-The dimensions are wrong. 0.508cm x 0.508cm x 0.508cm

Test 2
-Made a solid (6 sided) cube at 10cm3 (100mm3) (10cm x10cm x10cm, or 100mm x 100mm x 100mm)
-Exported model as a collada file (dae)
-The dimensions are as expected: 10cm x 10cm x 10cm

Test 2a
-Used the SAME collada file from "Test 2"
-Put file into a ZIP
-The dimensions are wrong. 0.254cm x 0.254cm x 0.254cm

At this point, I notice a patter... 0.254cm?? I know there are 2.54 cm per inch, so I look at inches, it says 0.1 x 0.1 x 0.1

Odd...

I look at the file (on shapeways) for the 200mm cube, under inches it says: 0.2 x 0.2 x 0.2

Finally getting somewhere, it's interpreting ym dimensions as INCHES instead of MILLIMETERS, but ONLY when the file is IN A ZIP.

For the next test, I did the same as above, but selected "inches" as the input unit instead of millimeters. No change. Then, as a last ditch effort, I uploaded AGAIN, selected "inches" then "millimeters" thinking maybe the radio button was "stuck" on the back end. No dice.

With my testing, I can now use a zip file to upload my models and images, but I have to model in mm as if the units are 100mm = 0.1in. Please take a look at th9is and fix it as it's very inconvenient.

Again, the EXACT SAME file works perfectly when uploaded alone, but the dimensions are in INCHES when the SAME file is uploaded inside a zip.

I've attached the collada file and the SAME files in a zip for you to test with.

Thanks for the help,
LeRoy Wood IIII

Pages (96): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    »]

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.