Search Search  
Today's Messages (OFF)  | Unanswered Messages (ON)

Forum: Work in progress
 Topic: My SIGGRAPH2010 entry
My SIGGRAPH2010 entry [message #14236] Thu, 01 July 2010 22:54 UTC
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
It took a lot of sweat and pain to get this one ready in time, but I give you :

Eyjafjallajökull

index.php?t=getfile&id=3995&private=0

An ode to that beautiful volcano that gave us a Europe without planes and with clear blue skies, for a while anyway Very Happy

It consists of three parts :

1. 1 An intricate network of two separate gyroid shapes, printed in color sandstone, with bright but subtle earth colors which serves as a base :
    http://www.shapeways.com/model/132491/eyjafjallaj__kull_base .html

2. 2 In the base stands an Alumide (or S&F) Smoketree.
    http://www.shapeways.com/model/133549/eyjafjallaj__kull_smok e.html

3. 3 And on the tips of the tree : anything Shapeways wishes to display or hang up for grabs : pendants, rings, bracelets, thingy's.
    Preferably from a wide range of Shapeways designers :
    http://www.shapeways.com/themes/jewelry
    And a handfull of summer bracelets of course Wink
    http://www.shapeways.com/model/130911/cubichain_bracelet.htm l

Hope you like it !

Stijn

Sidenote : The tips of the tree might be fragile in Alumide, but I wouldn't mind if a few pieces broke of, every seen perfect trees ? Wink

• Attachment: Tree.jpg
    (Size: 570.84KB, Downloaded 2098 time(s))

[Updated on: Fri, 02 July 2010 21:38 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
 Topic: A ballpoint pen
A ballpoint pen [message #14094] Tue, 29 June 2010 19:24 UTC
avatar rminkes  is currently offline rminkes
Go to my shop
A simple ballpoint pen based around a Standard Ballpoint Pen Refill. Printing it now, hopefully the mechanism will work Embarassed , if so more designs to come. Cool
index.php?t=getfile&id=3976&private=0

• Attachment: pen04jpg.jpg
    (Size: 50.91KB, Downloaded 1965 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 29 June 2010 19:28 UTC]

Topic: Fractal Pendant
Fractal Pendant [message #12902] Sun, 16 May 2010 21:34 UTC
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Hi all,

I was wondering I could try to print to try Gold Plated Stainless Steel.
I have been quite unfortunate these last times, with the new rules for Stainless Steel. 95% of my stainless steel designs cannot been printed anymore.
So I decided to do something new with 3mm thickness (yes, I know... it's big).
Here is the result : the fractal pendant.
index.php?t=getfile&id=3588&private=0
I hope it will not infringe the spaghetti rule of any other exisiting or non-existing-yet rule.
I will order it tonight and will let you know.
Bye.

[Updated on: Sun, 16 May 2010 21:37 UTC]

Topic: Inverted Mime
Inverted Mime [message #11738] Tue, 13 April 2010 14:59 UTC
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
A parallel universe would have a box pretending to have a mime trapped in it.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/110662/inverted_mime.html

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
 Topic: Stainless Steel Clip Ideas
Stainless Steel Clip Ideas [message #11670] Sun, 11 April 2010 14:35 UTC
avatar rawkstar320  is currently offline rawkstar320
Go to my shop
So im building this frame that I want to be able to hold multiple inserts.

For example: its a keychain that is printed from stainless steel. Then, you buy several different inserts (WSF, Color, etc) that you can just pop into the keychain. This way, you have a strong case (Stainless Steel - Also an investment) and several different inserts so you can change your style at a moments notice. (WSF, or Color - Cheap)

My problem is keeping the inserts in the Frame at all times, while keeping it as simple as possible for a customer to order it and start using it with the least amount of work on their part.

Here is what im trying to make:

index.php?t=getfile&id=3233&private=0

Thoughts:

Can I use a machine screw that goes into a hole in the stainless WITHOUT a threaded insert?

Could i design a quarter turn screw in stainless steal as part of the model? (the 3mm wall thickness is killing me on this one...but i can work with it)

Could it be a sliding clip?

Any ideas/ experience with Stainless would be extremely helpful!

[Updated on: Sun, 11 April 2010 14:36 UTC]

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Check out http://JakeDrews.Com and http://WondrousWidgets.Com for more designs by Jake!
 Topic: Band
Band [message #11521] Wed, 07 April 2010 14:38 UTC
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Yesterday my fiance purchased me a titanium ring. I wanted to see how much it would cost in stainless so I drew it up. It would have cost $75 less in stainless Razz. But I like the simplicity of it, so I made it a co-creator. http://www.shapeways.com/model/109237/ring_copy.html#templat e-details

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
 Topic: I'm such a card
I'm such a card [message #10774] Mon, 15 March 2010 17:15 UTC
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I was thinking a deck of transparent detail cards would be cool. I've seen a deck like it but it still has solid backs so you can't see what card it is from across the table. Not only that but the cards would have to be small cause 52 times any size card would probably get expensive quick. So then I thought, I have a full house, why not make a full house hand of cards with my family on it. So tada http://www.shapeways.com/model/102141/full_house.html#templa te-details . Before that though I made this http://www.shapeways.com/model/101928/cards.html because not only am I a card (which I really didn't know I was until I looked it up on Google. If you're called a card it means your a funny character), but I'm also a Joker. I hope they print as awesome as the renders look.

Topic: Sketchup Pro 7.1 Manifold issues recurring
Sketchup Pro 7.1 Manifold issues recurring [message #9938] Sun, 14 February 2010 05:07 UTC
avatar Grimjier  is currently offline Grimjier
Go to my shop
Just checking to see if anyone else is having issues with Sketchup files lately. I use the Sketchup->Meshlabs->Acutrans pipeline and have created models for print successfully, but now I'm getting manifold problems even when loading up a previously successful model. Checking/cleaning with Meshlabs and Accutrans shows watertight meshes with correct normals and no-manifold or verticies issues. Checking with Blender produces either a clean manifold report or the whole thing is non-manifold (Blender isn't my strong suit so might be dorking that up, though I did follow the tutorials).

I know there isn't a file attached, but I have sent one of my files to Shapeways to look at (maybe I'm just cluing out on something), so I'm looking for others who might be having the same issue recently or who have concocted better solutions.

Thanks!
 Topic: Making my animations real
Making my animations real [message #6797] Thu, 24 September 2009 09:40 UTC
avatar Inlite  is currently offline Inlite
Go to my shop
Ive been learning how to animate using blender and after about 1.5 months staring at my characters onscreen I decided to get one printed, just ordered it today Very Happy

For anyone interested, here's a link to the first part of the animation :

http://www.vimeo.com/6663345

Im having the camera printed - its a simple model but Id like to have it sitting on my desk while I animate it Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 24 September 2009 09:42 UTC]

Topic: Anyring
Anyring [message #6436] Fri, 11 September 2009 12:36 UTC
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Am I the only one developing things? lol jk

So Anyring
http://www.shapeways.com/model/51260/anyring.html
I've been working on the idea the last few days. I was thinking of joints and axles. I wanted to make something that could move in all directions except where the joint was attached. I started with 2 rings and 2 barrings. I thought this will work great... till I looked at it from the side. Not only would the barrings roam free if the rings were aligned, but the rings would more then easily slide apart. Then I went with an idea I had a few years ago. an idea I call a moving surface. It involves a globe rotating around another globe, which would probably work, but way too much surface area, and removing the build material in between would be difficult, and cause much friction. So I came to this design. Same idea as the globes but took it down to rings. 3 rings with 2 barrings. At first I noticed when the rings were aligned the barrings would roam, so I attached them together. They can't escape the inner and outer rings because they are in a groove in the rings that closes in on the top. Then I thought the barrings would be able to not only roam but rock back and forth now that they are not just spheres, so I joined the 2 sets with a ring. So (to be tested) the inner ring should be able to face any direction (didn't include axles so no limitations on rotation) and be able to spin. Now (if it works) all I have to do is figure out how I would robotically move the center. I'll put images on the item seeing max files per message is now 1?

Topic: Bracelet in Stainless
Bracelet in Stainless [message #6383] Wed, 09 September 2009 13:14 UTC
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Well seeing I've sold more of my bracelet then anything else, I made it to be printed in stainless. http://www.shapeways.com/model/50760/bracelet_stainless.html Would go well with a Stainless Mayan Calender Pendent, which comes out to $24 something in stainless.

Topic: Thermal Engine
Thermal Engine [message #5684] Wed, 05 August 2009 14:35 UTC
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I just noticed today someone ordered my thermal engine. Well 2 copies of it Very Happy. If this person would so kindly let me know how it comes out when they get it. I haven't had a chance to print it yet, besides it's on my stainless wish list for high heat testing. Plus it is a theory of my own that it will work. Haven't seen anything like it out there. But if my noggin is working right than so should it.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 August 2009 14:36 UTC]

Topic: the Steam Gondela
the Steam Gondela [message #4592] Sun, 24 May 2009 20:11 UTC
avatar tree  is currently offline tree
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=764&private=0

this is what i have so far, its meant to be a steam punky style air ship. but with a fantacy twist.

should i put the lasting and stuff on the top (the same as the back fins) or is that gonna be to much for the over all look?

also any ideas for a figurehead

just hope i get some responces this time

• Attachment: boat.jpg
    (Size: 40.89KB, Downloaded 2420 time(s))

Topic: South Pointing Chariot
South Pointing Chariot [message #4511] Tue, 19 May 2009 20:40 UTC
avatar iguffick  is currently offline iguffick
Go to all my models
Hi,
I'm working on a south pointing chariot (ignore the wheels, they're not finished).

index.php?t=getfile&id=742&private=0

Ideally I want this to be printed in one piece, i.e. with the gears already on the axle. I have two ideas to achieve this.

1. Have the gears located in their correct position with sufficient clearance, so that my model doesn't become one solid piece (but not too much or the gears will become 'sloppy').

2. Have the gears positioned away from their normal position, further along the axle with the axle reduced for greater clearance. After printing the gears would be moved into position on the thicker part of the axle, and maybe locked in place with a clip on ring of some sort.

I would welcome any thoughts, ideas or comments!

Best regards, Ian.

• Attachment: spc_wip.jpg
    (Size: 75.09KB, Downloaded 3310 time(s))

Topic: Click-together and frictional parts?
Click-together and frictional parts? [message #4508] Tue, 19 May 2009 17:31 UTC
avatar Autonomicum  is currently offline Autonomicum
Go to all my models
Hello,

What are the design specifics for designing click-together parts in WSF?
Also how does it held up to friction?
Are all designed clearances about 0.2mm?

Also how much for given thickness and mm2 does the WSF flex? I have designed my parts with 2mm thickness and 60mm long and I hope it to flex, when pressed, about 2 to 4mm.

I want to design a ribbed outer click stop ring around a tube that drives/moves another tube inside it and I want it all to click together.
I´m designing an optical gadget that will have diopter correction in btw.

Thanks,
T

[Updated on: Tue, 19 May 2009 17:34 UTC]

Topic: Gear Heart
Gear Heart [message #4421] Thu, 14 May 2009 20:52 UTC
avatar thehumanhive  is currently offline thehumanhive
Go to my shop
Hi Shapies,

Here is my latest piece, Gear Heart; an extension of the Gear Ball project and Maker Faire contest entry.

It is also a tribute to papercraft artist Haruki Nakamura's kinetic sculpture, Gear's Heart.
(His amazing YouTube video can be seen here: Gear's Heart)

Gear Heart
http://www.kilbit.com/gear_heart.jpg

A sample of what it looks like when rotated.
http://www.kilbit.com/gear_heart_rotated.jpg

It looks good in red. Smile
http://www.kilbit.com/gear_heart_red.jpg

I started this topic because the 2+ pages of comments on the product page can get a little confusing.

Here are some answers to a few of the questions I've received:
The model has been ordered and is currently being printed. I will definitely post pictures (and video!) to the "It arrived!" forum when it arrives.
It uses the same core/connectors as the Gear Ball, so I don't anticipate any mechanical problems.
All 13 parts are hollow to a thickness of 2mm.
I do plan on acid dying it red, so I'll be sure to share that experience, too. Smile

The product page can be found, here:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/29355/gear_heart.html

I hope you all like it. Smile
If you do, please give it a rating!

Thanks!
David
The Human Hive
 Topic: First model
First model [message #3948] Fri, 17 April 2009 09:45 UTC
avatar FishFace  is currently offline FishFace
Go to all my models
So, I saw all of those wonderful mathematical knotty things and thought I'd try the same:

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/8074/3curved.jpg

My inspiration for the shape was the mathematical figure, "Compound of 5 Tetrahedra." It took quite a while faffing around in blender to get that thing right. I had a pretty well-defined picture in my mind already, so the first step I did was create the outline of the shape except, instead of letting the wires follow the tetrahedra, I had them start at the vertex then angle down into the five-pointed star. This produced a messy, angular shape, which I had intended to use as a jump-point to a more pleasant version.
So I rotated the intersections points a bit and put some more resolution in the arms. At this point though, there wasn't the interlocking of adjacent strands you see here. I also had to figure out exactly how I was going to duplicate the single component across the entire model, since there was no way I could work with the whole thing at the same time! In the end I had to use 4 array modifiers, producing 3, 2, 2 and 5 copies each, for a total of 60 copies of the initial piece. After some fiddling I got the merging working nicely and I increased the rotation to obtain the interlocking.
Deciding that using simple subsurf wasn't going to cut it, I replaced the old arm with a new one made of a beveled curve to get a more uniform appearance. After converting it and manually filling in faces/vertex pushing to get it to merge at the intersections, and you have what you see here!

Here is the uploaded model page Initially I tried to upload a 3-level subsurfed model - oops - 600,000 or so triangles >_< Just 160k with level 2, thankfully.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 April 2009 10:50 UTC]

Topic: Puzzle shop - price drop
Puzzle shop - price drop [message #3728] Fri, 03 April 2009 09:15 UTC
avatar richgain  is currently offline richgain
Go to my shop
Now that I have a range of puzzles on offer I have decided to rationalise the price list and offer you some top quality items with minimal mark-up.
The larger puzzles warrant an order of their own, whilst the smaller ones make great fillers when you need to top that order up to $25.

Catalogue at 3rd April 2009
http://www.shapeways.com/shoplogo/105.jpg

1. Steady State Cube - 2.4 cm - $25
  2. Happiness Cube - 2.1 cm - $20
  3. Cubed Burr II - 2.1 cm - $20
  4. Primary Gain Cube - 1.6 cm - $10
  5. Tertiary Gain Cube - 1.6 cm - $10
  6. Inside Out Cube - 1.5 cm - $9
  7. The Seldom Seen Cube - 1.5 cm - $9
  8. World's Smallest Cube Puzzle - 0.75 cm - $2

Treat yourself to a challenge.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 April 2009 09:29 UTC]

"a wise man's tools are analogies and puzzles"
Röyksopp - Remind Me
 Topic: Justice has a gatling gun
Justice has a gatling gun [message #3615] Sun, 29 March 2009 13:03 UTC
avatar Hoxolotl  is currently offline Hoxolotl
Go to my shop
Current work in progress:

Lady Justice with a cigar and a Gatling gun...
I present to you the Gatling gun, the rest will follow.

[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=428&private=0[/img

Once it's finalized I'll have it printed.
Comments and advice are welcome,

Topic: quick doodle, but maybe a next print
quick doodle, but maybe a next print [message #2983] Sun, 15 February 2009 14:48 UTC
avatar chris89  is currently offline chris89
Go to my shop
A quick one from last night.
It could be considered my first real try at a face, so the anatomy is probably totally off haha.

Still have to make a small stand for it and then the printing fun can begin.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2dbtdhj.jpg
 Topic: Ancient Time Piece
Ancient Time Piece [message #2329] Mon, 29 December 2008 17:45 UTC
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop
Hello folks,

I thought I might show you a work-in-progress that I have entered into the 3d metal print contest.

It's called a Nocturnal ... or sometimes a Nocturlab. This is an ancient device that mostly sailors used to use to tell time at night when you could see the stars in the Northern Hemisphere. It works very nicely as a pendant.

http://www.shapeways.com/modules/udesign/utils/openfile.php?id=12075&f=photos/photo928.jpg

It works on the principle that the north star (currently Polaris) sits in the centre of the night sky, while the rest of the stars revolve around it. In truth, it's the earth that is revolving, and Polaris is the closest star aligned to our north pole so it remains mostly stationary.

Since the rotation shifts throughout the year due to the earth's position around the sun, the Nocturnal has special dials to compensate for this.

The first dial, which rotates around the edge, is used to point to the day of the year that you are viewing the sky. The months are indicated in letters around the edge. Then, you hold the Nocturnal in front of you, until you locate the star Polaris (our current north star) through the hole in the middle. Next, you use the long pointer to point to the two aligned stars at the end of the bowl of the Big Dipper. Once this is all done, you look a little lower on the long pointer to see that there is a smaller pointer embedded in it. This smaller pointer points to a roman numeral, which itells you the time. If it points to the beginning of the circle which holds the numeral, then it reads on the hour. The further along the circle the dial points, the later in the hour it is (ie. in the middle of the numeral would read half past).

The image above points to February 11th at 4pm ... assuming you can see the stars at 4pm! I set it to that time because it looks nicely balanced yet not too symmetrical in the picture Rolling Eyes

A little complex, but useful and low on energy Wink

Here is a link to the product... I have ordered a few to test the item. Once it passes the test, I will offer it for sale.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/12075/nocturnal.html

-Whystler

[Updated on: Mon, 29 December 2008 17:52 UTC]

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/
 Topic: AWN project, Modern Knight Templar
AWN project, Modern Knight Templar [message #1536] Thu, 09 October 2008 13:40 UTC
avatar aws357  is currently offline aws357
Go to my shop
Here is my entry for the AWN thingy... Quite a huge and ambitious object, but this one is also a long time dream of mine (like the Galatean Dream object).

By the way, the head in this object is as big as the Galatean Dream object... I modified the hair meshes from my previous experience with GD. Built a 0.5 mm cube in Blender and then fattened the hair strands to stay within limits...

http://www.shapeways.com/model/6227/modern_knight_templar.ht ml

http://www.shapeways.com/modules/udesign/utils/openfile.php?id=6227&f=6227_large.jpg

I had difficulty to make it printable but managed to squeeze it down the tube by trimming some unnecessary polys... (thanks for the explanations Bart).

I might look at the mesh again as there might be other ways to put more details where they are needed and sacrifice poly where it will not affect the overall structure...

And I will try to hollow the pedestal too...

Let me know what you think of it (and for shapeways staff taking a look, what possibly could Jeopardize the printing of such a huge piece... maybe it's unprintable too aaaugh)

PS : for those wondering, the inspiration comes from a now defunct game named HellGate: London... Quite an interesting universe and game. But hey... because of modern economy and all sort of monkey business... it didn't hit (it busted in fact... anyway... moving on)

[Updated on: Thu, 09 October 2008 13:44 UTC]

Forum: Feature this!
 Topic: Spirals and repetitions
Spirals and repetitions [message #135456] Wed, 27 January 2016 21:25 UTC
avatar kkani  is currently offline kkani
Go to my shop
I have a few shapes that I work with making repeating patterns along different spiral patterns. SOme of these have been hard to print and hard to correct when Shapeways would reject them. These are ones I've managed to get printed.

index.php?t=getfile&id=135118&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=135119&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=135120&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=135121&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=135122&private=0

Topic: Customize a Porcelain Selfie Tile
Customize a Porcelain Selfie Tile [message #135324] Wed, 27 January 2016 01:45 UTC
avatar CeladonSelfies  is currently offline CeladonSelfies
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=134990&private=0
Turn your photos into 3D-printed porcelain tiles!

Upload an image, and we will create a 3D-printed porcelain tile with a rich, blue-green celadon glaze. The tile will have a slight sculptural relief and gorgeous detail. Your favorite photos will become works of art that you can display or give as gifts.

Celadon is a pottery glaze that originated in China thousands of years ago.It is semi-translucent and jade-green to blue-green in color. It has delicate natural crackling and luxurious glass-like quality. The ancient craft of pottery and cutting-edge 3D printing technology have joined to create the world's first printable porcelain.
index.php?t=getfile&id=134991&private=0
Using the best of 3D printing and traditional ceramics, we're able to create the sort of quality you could only find in high-end, handmade porcelain.

Durable & Functional – Porcelain is dishwasher, oven, and microwave safe.

Gorgeous Detail – Porcelain enables you to design with very high detail and thin, translucent glaze.

3D printed porcelain selfie tiles is only available at Shapeways.

index.php?t=getfile&id=134992&private=0
For best results, please follow these guidelines.

Resolution: these resolution/file sizes:
For a 4" x 6" print, the image resolution should be 640 x 480 pixels minimum.
For a 5" x 7" print, the image resolution should be 1024 x 768 pixels minimum.
For an 8" x 10" print, the image resolution should be 1536 x 1024 pixels minimum.
For a 16" x 20" print, the image resolution should be 1600 x 1200 pixels minimum.
For a 20" x 30" print, the image resolution should be 1600 x 1200 pixels minimum.
For a Wallet-size print, the image resolution should be 320 x 240 pixels minimum.

Lighting: Clear, properly exposed, color images are best. Try to limit shadows and high contrast, especially in faces. High contrast photos will result in high contrast image with greater variation of sculptural relief.

Poses and Expressions: The subject's face should be clear and in focus. For best results, make sure subject is facing camera and that eyes and facial expression are clearly visible.

Distance: Avoid images that are small and distant. For best results, select images in which subjects are clearly in foreground.

Note: The printed tile you receive will be like a low relief sculpture. The lightest parts of your image will be the highest parts of the relief, and the darkest parts will be the set back.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 January 2016 02:00 UTC]

Celadon Selfies
 Topic: Mentos & Diet Soda Fountain Nozzles - Great Science Fun!
Mentos & Diet Soda Fountain Nozzles - Great Science Fun! [message #133863] Mon, 18 January 2016 23:16 UTC
avatar chuckheron  is currently offline chuckheron
Go to my shop
The original prototype (3d printed at home) was featured on the Eepy Bird's Massive Mentos/Soda Demo at the 2015 MakersFaire in San Mateo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAf4lJSv7Co

As they suggested, there are now 3 models available on Shapeways:
A single Spout Version: http://shpws.me/HNE8
A SIX Spout Version: http://shpws.me/HTI5
And a FIVE Spout version: http://shpws.me/HNFe
Here's a video of the 5 spout version in Action:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/ovnltL4I4jY

Great Fun!

index.php?t=getfile&id=133511&private=0

If there is more interest, I can make other versions, other hole configurations, more Mentos.. .

Thanks
-chuck

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/chucksoddities

Topic: Hearts for Valentines Day
Hearts for Valentines Day [message #133767] Sun, 17 January 2016 16:10 UTC
avatar Chris_Marshall  is currently offline Chris_Marshall
Go to my shop
This ring of hearts has been designed so it can interlock with itself allowing for multiple combinations of materials. It's still relatively new but some prints have been successful. More coming through soon so I'll post more photos then, but please feel free to order :-)
Thanks
Chris

https://www.shapeways.com/product/SNKEWDT7X/ring-of-hearts-n o-1

index.php?t=getfile&id=133389&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=133388&private=0

• Attachment: image.jpeg
    (Size: 79.02KB, Downloaded 32 time(s))

• Attachment: image.jpeg
    (Size: 96.84KB, Downloaded 32 time(s))

Topic: "WESTLIFE" keychain for all fans around the world!
"WESTLIFE" keychain for all fans around the world! [message #133418] Fri, 15 January 2016 18:22 UTC
avatar Northern_Lights22  is currently offline Northern_Lights22
Go to my shop
We want the world's greatest boyband back!

If you grew up listening to beautiful songs of Westlife, then you're probably one of millions of people around the world who were sad to see them go. Westlife officially ended their musical career as a band in 2012.

I'm trying to make a cause. I've made this "I want WESTLIFE back" keychain, for all loyal fans, to show their support, by hanging it from their bags, or their belts. It would be so cool if every fan would have one of these, like a symbol, to ask the band to come back.

Anyone who buys this can send a picture of themselves and their keychain and share it on the product page:

http://shpws.me/K5yN

So, join the cause, make it global :)

index.php?t=getfile&id=133064&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=133065&private=0

• Attachment: 1.jpg
    (Size: 150.59KB, Downloaded 34 time(s))

• Attachment: 2.jpg
    (Size: 144.42KB, Downloaded 38 time(s))

Topic: 'Flexbone' is an iPod Shuffle accessory
'Flexbone' is an iPod Shuffle accessory [message #133401] Fri, 15 January 2016 10:06 UTC
avatar JIkonen  is currently offline JIkonen
Go to my shop
Flexbone is iPod Shuffle accessory, which makes training and enjoying music more enjoyable. It makes Apples great product even more better. Flexbone makes training safer by getting rid of earbud cords. It also has better control of the Shuffle because of separated control buttons. Flexbone started its life from discovering how runners use the shuffle. There where setups like taping the cord to ones cap and attaching the Shuffle next to it. Also the most common site was seeing how the wires where swinging and jumping in front of the runner. Flexbone is especially designed for marathon runners in mind. Because, during marathon training and running long periods, any moving objects close to body causes skin chafing. Flexbone is like a bone, strong but flexible and lightweight.

http://shpws.me/EMwX

Flexbone was also selected into top 3 in 3D Printed Apple Accessories Challenge by a competing service.

index.php?t=getfile&id=133029&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=133031&private=0

https://youtu.be/G5V6l_V-Cuk

[Updated on: Fri, 15 January 2016 16:44 UTC] by Moderator

Topic: Harry Potter " The Leaky Cauldron" Sign
Harry Potter " The Leaky Cauldron" Sign [message #130980] Tue, 05 January 2016 17:25 UTC
Go to my shop
The famous sign from Harry Potter series. It's about 16 cm tall, and it looks great on my desk. After one year, I still get compliments on it, everyone wants to know where I got it from. It's so cool :)

Shapeways link: http://shpws.me/K2lB

This is a picture of the actual sign in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in London.

index.php?t=getfile&id=131421&private=0

And this is my design. Hope it gets featured :)

index.php?t=getfile&id=131422&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=131423&private=0

(Size: 364.86KB, Downloaded 48 time(s))

(Size: 116.21KB, Downloaded 48 time(s))

• Attachment: 3.jpg
    (Size: 82.85KB, Downloaded 49 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 05 January 2016 17:40 UTC]

Topic: Pythagoras Gears by OSKAR
Pythagoras Gears by OSKAR [message #130565] Sat, 02 January 2016 12:45 UTC
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Pythagoras Gears is a set of nine 7-teeth gears contained in a 27-teeth annulus gear. It is a proof of concept of this gearing mechanism with no obvious application. After several failed attempts (here and here), I have managed to design a planetary gearing system with more than one layer of free-hanging planet gears. The solution was to have nine 7-teeth gears placed in a 3x3 square configuration. Some fudging was required, as the gearing ratio 7/27 does not have a square-root-of-two in it, as required by Pythagoras famous equation a^2+b^2=c^2.

Watch the YouTube video.
Buy the puzzle at my Shapeways Shop.
Read more at the Non-Twisty Puzzles Forum.
Read more at Reddit Mechanical GIFs.
Check out the photos below.

Enjoy!

Oskar
http://i.imgur.com/JvznCBJ.gif
index.php?t=getfile&id=130785&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=130786&private=0

[Updated on: Sat, 02 January 2016 12:51 UTC]

Topic: Solitaire rope ring
Solitaire rope ring [message #130175] Sun, 27 December 2015 20:23 UTC
avatar isaachadad2  is currently offline isaachadad2
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=130061&private=0
Rope style ring with prong solitaire gem setting assembled with 5mm tourmaline gemstone.
Perfect and easy fit. I have done the gemstone setting myself without any glue (and i'm no jewelry craftsman).
This is my first gemstone jewelry printing and assembly and I think it brings the beauty to a new level.

Wizegem
 Topic: Bonzi Buddy Full Color Figurine
Bonzi Buddy Full Color Figurine [message #130122] Thu, 24 December 2015 15:47 UTC
Go to my shop
Hello there everyone! I'm a beginner in Zbrush, and this is the first time I'm sculpting a full color character.

Shapeways link: http://shpws.me/Kzbq

For those of you who don't already know, Bonzi Buddy was a desktop toy. Back in 90's and early 00's you would see his ad on many websites. Once installed, he would talk to you, tell jokes and facts, and sing you cute songs. As kids, we used to love him. me, my two sisters and my cousin adored this purple gorilla and were entertained by him everyday.

A couple of months ago, when I finally learned enough of Zbrush to sculpt simple characters, I decided to make this as a gift to my cousin. I got the 3d print last friday, and my cousin absolutely loved it! :)

index.php?t=getfile&id=129848&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=129849&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=130261&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=129850&private=0

(Size: 104.74KB, Downloaded 57 time(s))

(Size: 119.26KB, Downloaded 56 time(s))

• Attachment: 3.jpg
    (Size: 81.65KB, Downloaded 57 time(s))

• Attachment: 4.jpg
    (Size: 84.10KB, Downloaded 38 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 29 December 2015 07:11 UTC]

Topic: DNA Teardrop Pendant
DNA Teardrop Pendant [message #129964] Sat, 19 December 2015 20:22 UTC
avatar GADesign  is currently offline GADesign
Go to my shop
I would love to see this lovely pendant get featured somewhere !!
It's one of my first designs :)

http://shpws.me/CtY2

IG : @gunterartdesign

index.php?t=getfile&id=129342&private=0

[Updated on: Sat, 19 December 2015 20:24 UTC]

-Wesley Günter
 Topic: Boardgame Tsumi Yoga!
Boardgame Tsumi Yoga! [message #129878] Fri, 18 December 2015 07:56 UTC
avatar Sho_Tachibana  is currently offline Sho_Tachibana
Go to my shop
Hi everyone,

My name is Sho, from Japan. I would like to introduce my first product "Tsumi Yoga".

The Shop URL is https://www.shapeways.com/shops/tsumiyoga.

I enjoy playing board game with my wife, sometimes with my 3 years old, it always makes us smile. His favorite board game is 'Bausack' from Zoch Verlag, and learns much thing such as sense of balance, dealing, creativity. How amazing toy!
But recently, I believe, he has already be bored with it. So I googled new game, but there is not so many games more than Bausack for him.

So I made this, and my son enjoys playing everyday. Takes photo with his iPhone, then shows me when I'm home. I'm really happy seeing it.

Here is some detail about game.

* The game is designed for 2-6 players, 6 or older.
* 4 example play mode(described in video below). Play as you like.
* High replayablity. Every time you play, will be different tower.
* Easy expandable. I will upload more fun poses as soon as possible.
* In strong material. Won't be broken if you throw to the wall. But don't do that.
* Water proof. No need to worry if others playing with drinks

The pictures below, and Youtube URL is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z1K9j23kAc.

index.php?t=getfile&id=129125&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=129128&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=129127&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=129124&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=129126&private=0

I'm really satisfied with the material strong and flexible plastic. The color is bright, good texture, and strong(won't be broken even if thrown to the wall :)). Of course it's very fast to be printed everytime I ordered.

I'm so happy if this board game makes you smile or useful for your children.

Thanks for reading!

• Attachment: IMG_4747.JPG
    (Size: 215.83KB, Downloaded 41 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_4755.JPG
    (Size: 143.61KB, Downloaded 43 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_4867.JPG
    (Size: 180.29KB, Downloaded 43 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_4936.JPG
    (Size: 192.08KB, Downloaded 41 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_4731.JPG
    (Size: 179.19KB, Downloaded 41 time(s))

Sho Tachibana
 Topic: Illuminating hyperbolic geometry
Illuminating hyperbolic geometry [message #129710] Mon, 14 December 2015 18:01 UTC
avatar henryseg  is currently offline henryseg
Go to my shop
In this video, Saul Schleimer and I use many different 3D printed models, with lights and shadows, to show how the different ways to draw the hyperbolic plane are related to each other.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGEQ_UuQtYs

Shapeways models:
(2,3,7) triangle tiling: http://shpws.me/Dq6q
Geodesic saddle ({3,7} radius 3, subdivided 4): http://shpws.me/ES7b
Pseudosphere: http://shpws.me/GIgq
(2,3,5) triangle tiling (stereographic projection): http://shpws.me/CKVv

index.php?t=getfile&id=128491&private=0

Topic: Gear Tower Clock by OSKAR
Gear Tower Clock by OSKAR [message #129635] Sat, 12 December 2015 13:24 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Gear Tower Clock is a clock mechanism. It is built as a free-standing tower of six sets of gears. Due to some mechanical-engineering magic, the gear tower stands tall and does not topple. The dials of the clock can be turned with a crank.

Watch the YouTube video.
Watch the motorized version.
Buy the contraption at my Shapeways Shop.
Read more at Reddit mechanical gifs.

Enjoy!

Oskar
http://i.imgur.com/EKEh49u.gif
index.php?t=getfile&id=128130&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=128131&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=128132&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=128133&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=128134&private=0

[Updated on: Sat, 12 December 2015 13:25 UTC]

Topic: The shameless promotion of our very first 'Little Putin' (and Tiny Putin)
The shameless promotion of our very first 'Little Putin' (and Tiny Putin) [message #128564] Tue, 01 December 2015 16:43 UTC
avatar talamiram  is currently offline talamiram
Go to my shop
These new 3d Putin figurines will feature this modern day maverick in some of his most legendary moments.
Little Putin no.1 Is on horse back, Next in the cue are Putin the Birthday Hockey Champ and Putin the Judo Master.

+We mounted him to the roof of a car, and made a fun little video driving around NYC. (coming soon!)
+He plays well with his inspiration: Little Sad Keanu, the coolest and saddest model on Shapeways, made by @neuralfirings
+Our lead designer is @aspan13 he lives in India, he's amazeballs.
+The Forum says that if you mention Aimee the merchandizer, you may receive additional shameless promotion, than again that post was
from like 5 years ago... So maybe by now she has two babies and moved to Berlin. Either way, we're shameless so here we go:
@aimeemoyer you rock!

Cheers, and Feedback welcome!

ignorant art

oh snap forgot the link to the thing: http://shpws.me/KUI8

index.php?t=getfile&id=126479&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=126480&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=126482&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=126483&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=126485&private=0

• Attachment: putin01.jpg
    (Size: 1.28MB, Downloaded 67 time(s))

• Attachment: putin04.jpg
    (Size: 1.32MB, Downloaded 68 time(s))

• Attachment: putin05.jpg
    (Size: 1.61MB, Downloaded 64 time(s))

• Attachment: PutinCar.jpg
    (Size: 384.38KB, Downloaded 63 time(s))

• Attachment: putin02.jpg
    (Size: 1.36MB, Downloaded 65 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 01 December 2015 17:11 UTC] by Moderator

Topic: Spherigear Transmission by OSKAR
Spherigear Transmission by OSKAR [message #128268] Sat, 28 November 2015 15:33 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Spherigear Transmission is an experimental gearing mechanism that uses spherical gears, a.k.a. spherigears. The mechanism can be folded by 180 degrees in both directions, while maintaining the engagement of the spherigears. As usual with my gearing mechanism, also this one has no obvious application.

Watch the YouTube video.
Buy the contraption at my Shapeways Shop.
See also at Reddit.

Enjoy!

Oskar

http://i.imgur.com/HIR05BM.gif
index.php?t=getfile&id=126009&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=126010&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=126011&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=126012&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=126013&private=0

[Updated on: Sat, 28 November 2015 15:41 UTC]

Topic: Spinning pendant
Spinning pendant [message #127055] Sun, 22 November 2015 10:01 UTC
avatar isaachadad2  is currently offline isaachadad2
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=124909&private=0
This kinetic pendant was produced in regular raw brass (non interlocking). You can create your own online, easily and in minutes. Any shape and material (even gold). http://app.wizegem.com
Watch video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e08YDHKtUXQ&feature=yout u.be

Wizegem
 Topic: Porcelain Candlesticks.
Porcelain Candlesticks. [message #126497] Wed, 18 November 2015 19:22 UTC
avatar LukeHarding  is currently offline LukeHarding
Go to my shop
Hi everyone,

Got my first porcelain prints through this week which was pretty exciting. I've included some photos as well as the links so let me know what you think. The colours are excellent though I will admit I was hoping the finish would be a little smoother but this does nothing to ruin the aesthetic.

Firstly the 5 Sided Geometric Candlestick. I love geometric objects and the forms that you can produce just with triangles etc, no curves.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/JB6Y4J9NV/5-sided-geometri c-candle-stick

index.php?t=getfile&id=124573&private=0

The 12 Sided Geometric Candlestick, along the same lines as the previous version but with more complex faces. I wanted to see how well this printed and was quite impressed with the small details.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/PC7VLFX93/12-sided-geometr ic-candle-stick

index.php?t=getfile&id=124575&private=0

Lastly another sort of candle stick thats perhaps a little more traditional in form. An experiment in how the porcelain material affects the aesthetic in terms of whether the candle stick looks more solid or more slim.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/JB6Y4J9NV/5-sided-geometri c-candle-stick

index.php?t=getfile&id=124576&private=0

Pages (114): [ «    21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36    »]

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.