Search Search  
Today's Messages (OFF)  | Unanswered Messages (ON)

Forum: Bug Reporting
 Topic: 3D printing virus for STL file type
3D printing virus for STL file type [message #11313] Thu, 01 April 2010 11:13 UTC
avatar Schorhr  is currently offline Schorhr
Go to my shop
Too bad this "article" has no comments allowed.
Interesting idea.
Immagine a virus for food printer files: You wait for a nice, juicy burger, and recieve overcooked broccoly.
Very Happy
 Topic: Feedback~ :D
Feedback~ :D [message #11268] Wed, 31 March 2010 02:25 UTC
avatar akeno  is currently offline akeno
Go to all my models
Hihi

Here's some feedback that I wanted to give since being invited into the program (almost a year woot) that I think could make Shapeways better, I listed my stuff in order of somewhat importance but not necessity Razz

-Get Rid of the Voucher System Entirely
.I suggest nerfing the voucher system. It seems to be a headache and is easier just to give partial or full refunds back into customer's Paypal /or bank account if theres a problem. It becomes a hassle to follow with multiple partial refunds on some orders with vouchers even though there are records, its just easier to deposit and respend on the website then remembering voucher information.

.However, if the voucher system is insisted (I still am pretty firm on just a full refund), make the coupon section of the checkout be able to stack vouchers and discount % coupons that are sent with orders on business cards.. you can only do one or the other right now.

-Wall Thickness Script Update
.Two of my orders (just as an example) in the past have been cancelled by a overlooking mistake in the past when meeting the minimum wall thickness, both solid and hollow items, for just WSF, so I'm not exactly sure how this is calculated when the checker checks out the wall thickness in the upload script. Is there a way for the wall thickness checker from Shapeways to post the wall thickness it currently reads underneath the LxWxH dimensions in the model area? There could be Highest Thickness: and Smallest thickness: found areas. I'm still not clear how this works and if it works the way I think it does my models shouldn't have been second guessed since they were 1mm thick.

-Dedicated Wall Thickness / Problem Forsee'er For Ordered Models
.When a model is ordered sometimes the order gets cancelled on the 9th day out of the 10 day window that is given and is painful to wait 9 days just to find out that a thickness is not correct or hear feedback on a model that might give problems with fragile items such as sandstone when the production office finally gets to the model.

.Maybe a model checker for only models that have been ordered (and not just uploaded) with a check box on the item page that requires double checking for said material that could get a quick response. This would be more or so only for Sandstone and Color Sandstone because of the severe fragility.

-Live Chat "Agent" Feature via website or Skype
.More convenient then sending emails, sometimes its easier to actually talk live to someone either in typing or via voice instead of ping ponging emails back and forth. Communication can sometimes get jumbled in emails. It also is way more professional looking instead of just waiting on emails.

-Communication Improvement
.I know being from the US an average wait time response is around one day (for our hours) for service emails, and you're not guaranteed an average time frame response since it feels like all the departments contact each other through email (I've got alot of email responses with Fwd: etc, so just assuming here). There's a six hour gap between the east coast states and SW and assuming a 9-5 hour job.. so under that condition Shapeways closes at 11am EST/8am PST and opens at 3am for the States etc. It's hard getting the time frame right for email communication with work in the morning and having to wait till the next day because of the time difference. Chatting with a representative for 5-10 minutes before work seems easier.

-Forum Member Reputation
Some traditional forums have a "+Rep" feature where if a member gets enough +Reputation from the community itself, the moderators of the board usually reward them somehow. They are usually showing the helpfulness of the person or thread, and a number that says "Repped X amount of times" to show reliability etc. Maybe a 10% discount from Shapeways at a certain Rep once a month?

-Production Photography
.Someone mentioned this before, I really like this idea. It could also build a really great portfolio for your business and website Very Happy

-Be able to download your uploaded .zip file with VRML or .STL files with included texture maps.. etc.
This could be put on the actual model page under my designs with a link to redownload your mesh that you uploaded and that is stored on the Shapeways server. Computers die, so do electronics... and hard drives, so if any modifications needed to be made you have you fixed copy ready at hand for modification and ready to re upload. Also good if you work on multiple machines.

-Shapeways Live Member Chat Box
.Could be available to anyone over 10 forum posts (to prevent spam etc. Can easily be implemented with php and MySQL or javascript while linking forum member posts to it's availability Very Happy It'd be cool just to have a free for all discussion for those of us who live on these forums and might be able to help out easily live instead of bouncing through PM's.

-Home Page During Maintenance Time
.Should say " We'll be right back! " and not broken english, haha Laughing

-Invent a WSF 1000million dpi Color Printer, the CSF!
. I could keep dreaming, but hey. Very Happy

Oh PS - For any customers reading, Shapeways has an amazing customer service. Between Ms. Mar, Mr. Ralph, and Ms. Ty at the CS desk they go out of their way to go beyond your expectations and everything is amazing. Don't be afraid to ask them questions or have something changed via inquiry, it might take a while for a response due to where you are located but it's always a pleasure doing business with Shapeways and their team.

[Updated on: Wed, 31 March 2010 17:01 UTC]

Topic: A bug in item view.
A bug in item view. [message #11106] Thu, 25 March 2010 17:20 UTC
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I was looking at a model today, and I noticed a link I hadn't seen before on the top right of the page. It said <<previous. Seeing the page I was on before was the home page of shapeways I was curious as to what this link would take me too. I clicked it, and it went to the first model I put up on shapeways. I hit it again, and it went to my second model I uploaded and a next>> button appeared. So I'm guessing the intended operation is to scroll through your items without having to hit back on the browser all the time. But I don't think it should have sent me to my models from someone elses.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
 Topic: Usability Suggestion
icon3.gif  Usability Suggestion [message #10830] Tue, 16 March 2010 18:10 UTC
avatar MechanicalSmile  is currently offline MechanicalSmile
Go to all my models
If you go to "YourscreennameAtTheTop" and then click one of your orders you get a full list of what you ordered, but the Items that were ordered have to be searched by hand if you want to look at them again.

So, please make products in "Orders" linking to their corresponding sites.

Thanks

Edit: Btw, I didn't found any option to make the "Real Name:" row in the profile (if you click on a members nickname) disappear.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 March 2010 18:13 UTC]

Topic: Model fragility (or lack thereof)
Model fragility (or lack thereof) [message #10711] Fri, 12 March 2010 22:27 UTC
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
Most of the models I order are not fragile and are very tough. It used to be that my orders were shipped in small boxes which filled most of the box. This was fine and none of them ever broke.

My last few orders have come in much larger boxes, accompanied by an avalanche of styro peanuts. There is no need for this for my models, but I can see that for others it is necessary.

So perhaps a field could be added to each model about how fragile it is? If the entire order is "not fragile" a smaller box and fewer peanuts could be used?

Just trying to save a few peanuts.
 Topic: Latest Update
Latest Update [message #10643] Thu, 11 March 2010 18:40 UTC
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
The latest update has my account bouncing off and on again. Every time I go to my designs or the home page, I'm logged off, go to forum and I'm on again. When I click on my designs it welcomes me back but I can't see my stuff.

Was thinking about this today as the update interrupted my catching up on forum happenings as I've been on vacation, but it would be nice to know when an update is going to happen so you're not half way through putting together an order and lose it because of an update.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
 Topic: New notification
New notification [message #8525] Wed, 23 December 2009 21:53 UTC
avatar photosfromrob  is currently offline photosfromrob
Go to my shop
I just received an email notification that one of my designs had gone to production; I'm very impressed. It's such an improvement over the old system. The email and the PDF invoice is so much more professional and makes it easier to keep track. Good job
 Topic: repeated photos on homepage
repeated photos on homepage [message #8221] Thu, 10 December 2009 18:52 UTC
avatar dadrummond  is currently offline dadrummond
Go to my shop
Often, but not always, I see repeated photos in the Featured Shop Models section of the homepage. It's happened over months, with many different models. Feels like a cache problem (but it recurs) or a slight hiccup with the server.

index.php?t=getfile&id=2002&private=0

Thought I'd point it out in case it's a SW-side bug.

------------------
Elytra on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/elytra
 Topic: Site Translation
Site Translation [message #7782] Tue, 17 November 2009 11:23 UTC
avatar D_man  is currently offline D_man
Go to my shop
Hi all,

I know there was a topic where Joris asked what improvement we'd like for Shapeways but I couldn't find it back so I post a new one !

I'm frenchies and some of my customers asked for a french version of the site !

... ok french are not really good at foreign languages...

Anyway, what about having Shapeways in different languages ?

If needed, I'd be happy for french translation.

j.
 Topic: Design Printability Validation Service
Design Printability Validation Service [message #7724] Wed, 11 November 2009 15:29 UTC
avatar B1lancer  is currently offline B1lancer
Go to my shop
Quite a few models I produce I want myself so I am happy to buy the initial test print, however some I don't want and I end up printing a test model that I don't really want just to make sure the customer won't get the "Model too thin to print" error etc. Normally it's an error I can correct in a couple of mins.

What I'd like is a service which costs maybe $10-15 where your model is sent to the operators and they check to see if it will print and then send you a confirmation telling you the model will print without any problems or if problems are found how to rectify them followed by a re-check.

Kindest Regards, Jack

Topic: Problem with your View in 3D button on your website
Problem with your View in 3D button on your website [message #7675] Sun, 08 November 2009 22:43 UTC
avatar SpaceMonkey  is currently offline SpaceMonkey
Go to all my models
I have a problem with your View in 3D button on your website.

I’m running Windows and using Firefox.

When I was looking at peoples models and I click on the View in 3D button it use to work for me (in Firefox) but I got this window which pop up and recommended that it disabled something in Java to make it work better. It said:

Update deployment.properties?
For best robustness of OpenGL applets on Windows, we recommend disabling Java2D’s use of DirectDraw. This setting will affect all applets, but is unlikely to slow other applets down significantly. May we update you deployment.properties to turn off DirectDraw for applets? You can change this back later if necessary using the Java Control Panel, Java tab, under Java Applet Runtime Settings.

I agreed and it crashed my computer. Shocked

When it started up again I went to your website and tried to View in 3D button but all I got was just the original photo of the object (no spinning view of the model). Also it has disabled the ad blocking plugin in Firefox.

I tried using the View in 3D button in Explorer and it works fine. I get the same window poping up and asking me to disable stuff but I’m not going to agree to that.

I reinstalled Java, no luck.

I reinstalled Firefox and it works again now. Surprised
Problem the ad blocking is still broken.

Suggestions: If you come across this window do not agree to it.

Question: Why are you guys asking to disable something in Java? Are you aware of this problem?
 Topic: False shop 404 bug
False shop 404 bug [message #7242] Mon, 12 October 2009 17:16 UTC
avatar TomZ  is currently offline TomZ
Go to my shop
I just noticed that the shop URL's do not work of they end with a forward slash.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/puzzles works

but http://www.shapeways.com/shops/puzzles/ doesn't.

I rest my case.
 Topic: Double markup
Double markup [message #7094] Tue, 06 October 2009 07:26 UTC
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Hi all,

Here is another crazy suggestion of mine (I apologize in advance Very Happy ).
There are some cases where you need collaboration between 2 modelers (you know, the guys/girls creating the models): some are better into inventing structures or mechanisms, other are better into adding details or decorations.
For instance Mamélie needs Youknowwho4eva to make a blank dice and would like to add the dots by himself, or Randomblink would like a Photoshaper model from Shapeways to modify it.
Another example would be me asking for someone else to make decorations on the double-marble-pendant.
The problem is: how do you share revenues on this new object that is the result of the work of two modelers?
My suggestion would be to have the option to put 2 markups on one object.
In this way, each one of the modelers would get its own markup each time such an object is sold.
Of course, it is not so easy, since at least one of the guy has to share its model (its IP) with another so there is always a matter of trust. And there are also the technical issues.
But if it works, I think that the added value could be interesting.
Is it something feasable, and would it help the community?
Thanks,

Magic.
 Topic: JING for Support Issues
JING for Support Issues [message #6925] Wed, 30 September 2009 14:59 UTC
avatar randomblink  is currently offline randomblink
Go to my shop
I've seen ALOT of issues mentioned by other users, some issues I've run across myself. I've also watched people try to 'explain' a bug or irritation, and others try to 'walk someone through' how to resolve an issue. I believe I have found an easier way of taking care of these.

JING Project

This is a FREEWARE software app that allows you to EASILY take a screenshot, add annotations to it, and upload, email or IM an URL to it for sharing with others. It also has a video option for capturing up to 5 minutes of screen activity alongside voice-overs.

If Shapeways encouraged users to use it to snapshot their issues or video-shot them and post on the messageboard, it MIGHT make resolving some issues easier. The Shapeways team could even post their own snapshots and video walk throughs for explanations in their replies and their FAQs.

Just a thought...

[Updated on: Wed, 30 September 2009 15:00 UTC]

Welcome to Costco, I love you.
 Topic: White Glaze Feedback
White Glaze Feedback [message #6621] Thu, 17 September 2009 08:20 UTC
avatar joris  is currently offline joris
Go to all my models
This is THE place to tell us what you think of White Glaze. shoot...
 Topic: problem under "my designs"
problem under "my designs" [message #6179] Sun, 30 August 2009 21:51 UTC
avatar raalst  is currently offline raalst
Go to my shop
Hi all,

I deleted a model of mine like I have done before, but now it stays
saying "preview unavailable" and when clicking on it it says : invalid model ID

can the webmaster have a quick look ?

<edit> next time I logged on the offending model was removed and the new model uploaded. so, no problem after all.

[Updated on: Sun, 30 August 2009 22:08 UTC]

Topic: Stampermaker Beta release
Stampermaker Beta release [message #4679] Fri, 29 May 2009 13:11 UTC
avatar pp  is currently offline pp
Go to all my models
Today we have launched our Stampmaker Creator.

http://www.shapeways.com/creator/stampmaker

index.php?t=getfile&id=782&private=0

Our goal with this creator is to inspirer and enable everybody to make their own personal stamps.

To ensure we can improve were required and develop what is needed I would appreciate it if you could leave your feedback right here.
Question can also be posted here or mailed to:

service[at]shapeways[dot]com

Cheers Peter Paul

[Updated on: Fri, 29 May 2009 13:48 UTC]

Topic: Contest notifacation
Contest notifacation [message #1663] Tue, 21 October 2008 13:16 UTC
avatar Dalhimar  is currently offline Dalhimar
Go to my shop
I am thinking that because some people do not check the blogs on a regular basis, that there should be some sort of banner on the front page that is linked to the current contest entries so more people will know about them and be able to vote.
I my self have just recently started looking at the blogs on a regular basis, and know how fast some entries go by.
Because of that, some people may not even know about current events on shapeways including contest, or promotional things such as the 66.6% discount that was availible last week. But most people did know about that, if not from the forums, blog or word of mouth, they could see the large banner that was on the front page everytime they got onto the site.
I dont know about how others feel about this but i myself would appreciate some sort of notifacation on the front page about events such as these. Be it a banner, or a info box(such as the hot topics), or maybe even and audio clip playing in the background =P(might annoy some).
 Topic: country of origin
country of origin [message #886] Thu, 14 August 2008 11:29 UTC
avatar janis  is currently offline janis
Go to all my models
it could be useful if the country of origin are being displayed in the forum.

if you have question/problems and can't write it in English maybe there is some one that have the same language you can ask him..
 Topic: View in 3D - error?
View in 3D - error? [message #878] Wed, 13 August 2008 19:29 UTC
avatar Christel  is currently offline Christel
Go to all my models
The "view in 3D" feature doesn't work for me anymore. The page just refreshes with the same image.
Is anyone else having this problem?
 Topic: Feature request- slight UI change
Feature request- slight UI change [message #753] Fri, 08 August 2008 15:22 UTC
avatar benstabler  is currently offline benstabler
Go to all my models
Hi,

On the 'comments' box on the 'model detail' page: the comments are paginated, however the page selector is below the 'write comment' box. Could it be moved above the 'write comment' box? This would make it a lot easier to see!

Thanks,
Ben Stabler
 Topic: something strange going on.. somethings wrong
something strange going on.. somethings wrong [message #745] Fri, 08 August 2008 12:09 UTC
avatar sid  is currently offline sid
Go to all my models
Hi,

I cannot access the forum with Opera anymore,
I'm redirected to the /login,
but without the actual login (see attached screenshot)!

I can access every other page, I can edit my details, add new models and so forth,
so I guess I'm logged in properly.

'sid

PS Next problem, new thread Wink

PPS Topic based on RunDMC - Ghosterbusters Rap

• Attachment: login.jpg
    (Size: 42.21KB, Downloaded 414 time(s))

[Updated on: Fri, 08 August 2008 12:25 UTC]

Topic: Populair 3D events?
Populair 3D events? [message #743] Fri, 08 August 2008 09:08 UTC
avatar jochem  is currently offline jochem
Go to all my models
I'm curious on which events you'd hope to meet the Shapeways team? This will be useful input for our travel planning Very Happy

Cheers,

Jochem
Forum: Feature this!
 Topic: Feature Ittyblox
Feature Ittyblox [message #98851] Thu, 18 September 2014 18:29 UTC
avatar Ittyblox  is currently offline Ittyblox
Go to my shop
Hello Shapeways,

Would it be possible to feature my miniature buildings Ittyblox or specifically the guggenheim Museum?

https://images3.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_1713530_6622902_1410969047.jpg

here is the model

thank you for your reply!

[Updated on: Thu, 18 September 2014 18:30 UTC]

Topic: Legion of Superheroes Flight Ring
Legion of Superheroes Flight Ring [message #98635] Mon, 15 September 2014 21:00 UTC
avatar TommySaysSoWhat  is currently offline TommySaysSoWhat
Go to all my models
So, from the beginning of time, I've wanted a Legion of Superheroes flight ring. Well, okay, not that long, but since my teen years, maybe earlier. When Shapeways first started, I stated regularly looking for such a ring. I found designs I liked and bought a few in a variety of materials. I had one made of stainless steel which I had laboriously hand-sanded to a sweet satin finish. Then I lost it in Las Vegas. (Not lost as in losing a bet. Just misplaced it.)

Eventually, I realized that I needed to make my own. When polished brass became available, I knew it was time to start.

Alas, my artistic skill are next to non-existent. Luckily, there's OpenSCAD! After a lengthy learning period, I managed to make a nice looking Legion logo, based on my favorite renderings from the comics. I printed that out in steel and yellow plastic, as a proof of concept. The results were promising:

index.php?t=getfile&id=71309&private=0

With a good-looking logo ready, I needed to make the ring body. I printed out three different designs, taking advantage of the "Print It Anyway" option to test a variety of ways of dealing with some sharp edges. This also let me verify the sizing. I ended up choosing the one on the right:

index.php?t=getfile&id=71310&private=0

Meanwhile, I needed a way to add some sort of black inlay around the logo. Some Googling found me EFColor, an enamel powder that melts at a mere 300F. I had to order it from the UK. Once it arrived, I tried some red inlay on the steel test logo. My clumsy method was to sprinkle it all over the logo, then brush it off the face with a business card. Two applications of the powder do the trick, leaving a glossy smooth surface.:

index.php?t=getfile&id=71311&private=0

Having chosen a ring body from my yellow plastic tests, I ordered it in polished brass. With trembling hands, I opened the package, delighted with the quality of the result:

index.php?t=getfile&id=71312&private=0

Finally, I filled in around the logo with black powder. Some stray flecks remained on the face of the logo, but these were easily removed with a brass scraper:

index.php?t=getfile&id=71313&private=0

I am unreasonably giddy every time I look at it. If only it could actually make me fly!

Topic: more fish
more fish [message #98491] Fri, 12 September 2014 15:50 UTC
avatar tinarity  is currently offline tinarity
Go to my shop
friday is fish day, no?

index.php?t=getfile&id=70941&private=0

• Attachment: DSC_0011.JPG
    (Size: 2.03MB, Downloaded 31 time(s))

Topic: Customizable Lightning Bolt Bottle Opener (Feature This for the Holidays)
Customizable Lightning Bolt Bottle Opener (Feature This for the Holidays) [message #98438] Thu, 11 September 2014 19:07 UTC
avatar Phits  is currently offline Phits
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
The customizable lightning bolt bottle opener came about at my company's monthly Beer-O-Clock event. Everyone was always looking for a bottle open so myself and a co-working came up with the idea of creating an opener based on our departments lightning bolt logo. It can be personalize with a short name or initials and is a great gift for the holidays or special occasion. Thank you for considering the customizable lightning bolt bottle opener to be feature this for the holidays.

http://shpws.me/vUrx

index.php?t=getfile&id=70874&private=0

[Updated on: Thu, 11 September 2014 19:09 UTC]

http://www.fitz.com/
 Topic: who likes old fish?
who likes old fish? [message #98253] Tue, 09 September 2014 15:05 UTC
Go to my shop
here is my fresh out of the printer fish bones pendant and it doesn't even smell. My Mum favourited it out of all my models (she likes to eat fish) Being a first mate on a sailboat we come across a lot of fishbones but none as nice and decorative as this one. I should ask the fishermen what they think of it. But your opinion is also very appreciated (always good to get some feedback)

The idea came when I saw a graffiti on some wall in an harbour and realized that it could actually look quite nice in the maritime section of my shop. Maybe in the near future I'll make a whole (uneaten) fish, so there would be a bit more choice.

Enjoy!

more pics here : http://shpws.me/vCsc
index.php?t=getfile&id=70668&private=0

[Updated on: Tue, 09 September 2014 17:26 UTC] by Moderator

Topic: the gecko again
the gecko again [message #98252] Tue, 09 September 2014 14:51 UTC
Go to my shop
hi,

my 'old' gecko arrived yesterday in a new dress (i.e. material). Its super snug in your hand in stainless steel, which is about to become my favourite material. I spend a lot of time designing it but I am quite happy with the result. You can see more pics here: http://shpws.me/vkcp . I adore geckos as they are beautiful and useful (eating all the horrible mosquitoes). Thanks to shapeways who's done a great job. I hope you out there like it as much as I do.

• Attachment: DSC_0019.JPG
    (Size: 2.06MB, Downloaded 23 time(s))

Topic: GOD's DICE
GOD's DICE [message #98141] Mon, 08 September 2014 11:19 UTC
avatar MANDELWERK  is currently offline MANDELWERK
Go to my shop
The Dice God used to decide whether Heisenberg or Einstein was right.

A uniquely designed 4 dimensional fractal Dice - Printed in 3D - 25 mm / 1 in Size.
- Use it to make all important decisions in your life - Just like The Dice Man...

I would probably never have thought about doing a fractal dice if it wasn't for all nicely designed dices I have seen here.

Shapeways did a great job printing it, I love to feel the weight of it in my hand.

https://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_2308099_5225397_1408619433.jpg

https://images3.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_2308099_4564825_1408619433.jpg

https://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_2308099_4512704_1408619433.jpg

More images in my shop: http://shpws.me/vBl2

Harvesting the infinite fields of virtual surreality in the parallel cosmos of 3D fractals
 Topic: Moby Maze in metal by OSKAR
Moby Maze in metal by OSKAR [message #98025] Sat, 06 September 2014 12:36 UTC
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Moby Maze is a mechanical maze based on a Mobius Strip. Half of the maze is at one side, the other half is, well, at the same side. The object is to remove the ring. It was originally prototyped by George Miller of PuzzlePalace.com. This version is made of 3D-printed metal.It is very strong, impossible to cheat. :D

Watch the YouTube video.
Buy the puzzle at my Shapeways Shop.
Read more at the Non-Twisty Puzzles Forum.
Check out the photos below.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=70349&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=70350&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=70351&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=70352&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=70353&private=0

Topic: "Yooper" Ring Amazing Level of Detail
"Yooper" Ring Amazing Level of Detail [message #97779] Thu, 04 September 2014 00:01 UTC
avatar Armstrong3D  is currently offline Armstrong3D
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=70114&private=0
This ring design is an amazing testament to the level of detail Shapeways is capable of.
index.php?t=getfile&id=70113&private=0
I was speechless when I tried it on.

Thank you Shapeways for making my "Yooper" Ring possible! It's going viral!

-Justin (Armstrong Design)

• Attachment: bronze up.png
    (Size: 238.25KB, Downloaded 37 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_7355.png
    (Size: 2.19MB, Downloaded 38 time(s))

[Updated on: Thu, 04 September 2014 00:02 UTC]

Armstrong3d.com
 Topic: My First Print: Golden Rectangle Pendant
My First Print: Golden Rectangle Pendant [message #97758] Wed, 03 September 2014 21:02 UTC
avatar Paco9104  is currently offline Paco9104
Go to my shop
Hello everybody!

This is my first post in this forum, and I'm posting my first 3D Print ever.
As a self-taught designer, I loved the idea of 3D printing since the first time I heard about it, and when I first read about the existence of this awesome 3D printing community I was simply amazed.
With both of my parents being architects, I've always been familiar with Golden Ratio-based designs, which inspired me to create this pendant for my first ever 3D print.
After almost 4 weeks of waiting, I have finally received my 3D model. I will never forget the feeling of opening the little box and seeing for the first time an item that was originally conceived in your mind and brought to life from what started as a box primitive in 3DS Max.

index.php?t=getfile&id=70093&private=0

Material: Stainless Steel

Here is the link to the product page: http://shpws.me/v0aw (It is still in Beta)
I hope you like it!
Feedback is welcome :D

[Updated on: Wed, 03 September 2014 21:03 UTC]

Topic: Great accessories for DJI Phantom
Great accessories for DJI Phantom [message #97574] Tue, 02 September 2014 05:25 UTC
avatar fusionimaging  is currently offline fusionimaging
Go to my shop
Weve been working away creating some cool DJI Phantom accessories, Check them out.

index.php?t=getfile&id=69898&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=69899&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=69900&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=69901&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=69902&private=0

• Attachment: IMG_5418.JPG
    (Size: 721.24KB, Downloaded 31 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_5716.JPG
    (Size: 1.07MB, Downloaded 30 time(s))

• Attachment: 3.jpg
    (Size: 70.40KB, Downloaded 32 time(s))

• Attachment: 4.jpg
    (Size: 92.49KB, Downloaded 32 time(s))

• Attachment: 10.jpg
    (Size: 112.03KB, Downloaded 31 time(s))

Follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/fusionimaging.com.au
 Topic: Dark Victorian style rings and pendants! Check out our new shop!!
Dark Victorian style rings and pendants! Check out our new shop!! [message #96957] Sun, 24 August 2014 19:58 UTC
avatar JCGCCY  is currently offline JCGCCY
Go to my shop
Hi everyone,

We are a new member of the shapeways community and I hope everyone can check out our work.
Our shop name is "The Old Ones", the main inspiration for the shop is H.P Lovecraft and his mythical creatures. We are focusing on creating organic chunky jewelries. Steel and precious metal is our material of choice.

Here are some stills for our products so far:
index.php?t=getfile&id=69174&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=69176&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=69178&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=69179&private=0

If you wanna see more please check out our shop: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/TheOldOnes

Thanks for checking it out and please leave a comment!

JCGCCY
 Topic: Joi Konpurekkusu Torii
Joi Konpurekkusu Torii [message #96787] Fri, 22 August 2014 17:37 UTC
avatar JoyComplex  is currently offline JoyComplex
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
I am very pleased with how my latest sculptural piece came out. It's called the Joi Konpurekkusu Torii (ジョイコンプレックス鳥居) and it's my whimsical interpretation of Torii that pays homage to traditional forms.

The goal behind this little sculpture is to request that those purchasing it use it as a traveling companion. I hope to see my little Torii posing in neat places all around the world!

Check it out HERE

https://images3.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_2320712_5707615_1408727800.jpg

https://images4.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_2320712_5708222_1408727800.jpg

http://www.joycomplex.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/desktorii_key.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/JoyComplex
 Topic: Check out my New Rings + Pendant!
Check out my New Rings + Pendant! [message #96670] Thu, 21 August 2014 08:38 UTC
avatar alleazzolini  is currently offline alleazzolini
Go to my shop
Hi everyone, these are my latest creations.
I hope you like them! ;)

----------

Soap-Opera Ring (link)

https://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_2389272_4162912_1408609167.jpg

"Soap-Opera is a cute, nice, feminine and fun ring, inspired by soap bubbles.
This ring is composed by 38 tangent bubbles of different dimensions that join freely but harmoniously."

----------

Ελλάς Ring (link)

https://images3.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_2519380_4774573_1408608985.jpg

"Ελλάς is a tribute to Greece and all the Hellenic culture.
The inspiration for this ring was born during a wonderful trip to Athens.
Simple and elegant, light but solid, classic and modern at the same time. "

----------

Futurist Ring Pendant (link)

https://images3.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/625x465_2523285_4766667_1408609165.jpg

"An ode to work, strength, geometric design and mechanics.
It's the result of 11 circular extrusions.
It can be used as a ring, but even better as a pendant. "

Alessandro Azzolini
 Topic: CYCLES
CYCLES [message #96472] Tue, 19 August 2014 09:08 UTC
avatar kiorodesign  is currently offline kiorodesign
Go to my shop
Hi everybody.
This is our CYCLES, the first try with intricate shapes. Pendant, Keychain, or simply to have on your desk to admire its intricate geometry. There is also a little bit of our aeronautical background...
Hope you like it.

index.php?t=getfile&id=68668&private=0

LINK TO PRODUCT

KIORO'design Team Ciro & Giovanna
 Topic: Reading glasses
Reading glasses [message #96446] Mon, 18 August 2014 23:09 UTC
avatar mrfinius  is currently offline mrfinius
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=68638&private=0

Got them a week ago, they fit me perfectly.
Exquisite geometry, floating lens system and a unique bridge design that assures perfect balancing while wearing them.

The spacing between the two lens holder is exactly 4mm allowing for standard optical screws.
The nose clips are round and flat, allowing you to fit a small piece of cork for additional comfort.

I simply cannot wait to wear them.
Please feel free to "Feature This for Holiday"

[Updated on: Mon, 18 August 2014 23:13 UTC]

Topic: Rough products
Rough products [message #96392] Mon, 18 August 2014 14:13 UTC
avatar AdrienneBrooks  is currently offline AdrienneBrooks
Go to my shop
I have just started doing cad design at the beginning of this year, and am so proud to be able to create and have my shapeways product sent to me so that I can see and hold it.
This ring was designed with my husband in mind...he is 6'6" and needed a manly ring. The rough texture on this ring is not enough to hurt or bother his fingers, but enough to give it a natural feel.

index.php?t=getfile&id=68599&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=68600&private=0

Thanks
www.shapeways.com/designer/adriennebrooks

• Attachment: DSCN9241.JPG
    (Size: 1.63MB, Downloaded 41 time(s))

• Attachment: DSCN9245.JPG
    (Size: 1.54MB, Downloaded 40 time(s))

[Updated on: Mon, 18 August 2014 14:21 UTC] by Moderator

A.Brooks
Pages (86): [ «    19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34    »]

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.