|Forum: Work in progress|
| Topic: King David Kalakaua|
|Re: King David Kalakaua [message #116558 is a reply to message #113504 ] Tue, 02 June 2015 01:35 UTC
Well it arrived today. I'm a little bumbed.
REASONS FOR BEING BUMBED
1. The parts that were shipped from Shapeways 3 days before this are still not here even though they were scheduled to arrive on the 1st and this print was scheduled to arrive on the 2nd.
2. It is 1:12 scale not 1:10 (my fault because I thought the scaling tool in Shapeways actually worked. Never using that again)
3. The colors are really muted.
4. The skin came out too dark without a hint of olive in it.
REASON Why I'm happy
1. I figured out how to make the blacks more black.
2. The detail was surprisingly crisp right down to the small embossings on the belt.
3. The Blue is vvery good
All in all it was a good experience. I have an Abe busted coming someday, although I haven't heard anything about that package that should have arrived today and for some reason is still stuck in Flushing NY.
BTW, the photo looks better than the actual bust which really is too small which might explain some of the issues with color.
| Topic: XLR port protectors|
|XLR port protectors [message #116564] Tue, 02 June 2015 05:27 UTC
I run sound at a local church and all the XLR ports on the stage are level with the carpet(instead of being recessed). There is little chance of recessing them below the stage because it's poured concrete. I have designed these caps to protect what ports are still usable, and block off the ones that aren't but I'm running into the Minimum Wall Thickness prompt, which I cannot get around in the white plastic considering XLR specs. Thoughts? Am I stuck printing prototypes in the more expensive metal materials?|
Thanks for your time.