Search Search  
Today's Messages (OFF)  | Unanswered Messages (ON)

Forum: General Discussion
 Topic: Shapeways used a slower UPS service to deliver a late order?
Shapeways used a slower UPS service to deliver a late order? [message #48503] Wed, 16 May 2012 03:05 UTC
avatar CGD  is currently offline CGD
Go to my shop
I have two separate orders that were shipped out at the same time yesterday. At least I received the UPS tracking number at the same time. One used the regular UPS service and will arrive on Thursday. The other, for some reason, was shipped with a slower service and will only arrive on Saturday.

Since these were separate orders, I have paid equal amount of shipping fee twice. If I don't have to pay shipping, I have no complain. And even worst, both these orders were late if I refer to the original expected delivery dates.

And for those who is going to suggest me to contact CS, I did, and I'm waiting for the response. But nothing will change the late delivery dates.
 Topic: Interesting link - 3d printed mechanical computer
Interesting link - 3d printed mechanical computer [message #48439] Tue, 15 May 2012 14:15 UTC
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Can't recall seeing this on the blog, but check this out :
http://boingboing.net/2012/05/01/3d-printed-electromechanica l-c.html
Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 15 May 2012 14:21 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
 Topic: UV protective spray
UV protective spray [message #48320] Sat, 12 May 2012 20:20 UTC
avatar Stopruti  is currently offline Stopruti
Go to all my models
Can someone recommend a good UV protective spray to be used on a dyed polyamide? Thanks!
 Topic: Anyone missing some biplanes?
Anyone missing some biplanes? [message #48129] Wed, 09 May 2012 18:18 UTC
avatar Machineman  is currently offline Machineman
Go to all my models
Anyone missing some biplanes?

Got my first Shapeways delivery and it was someone else's order.
Anyone get a ball jointed action figure by mistake?
Looks like a LEGO Bionicle

CS is requesting photos which makes me think a reprint is on the horizon.
 Topic: Minneapolis Shapeways Meetup - Tuesday, May 22
Minneapolis Shapeways Meetup - Tuesday, May 22 [message #48022] Mon, 07 May 2012 20:19 UTC
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Hey everybody!

Just wanted to let you know the second Minneapolis Shapeways Meetup will be held at The Mill on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 6PM.

If you're in the area, I'd love to have you stop in!

[Updated on: Mon, 07 May 2012 20:20 UTC]

If you're new to 3D printing, learn the secrets from a professional. Get my book "3D Printing with SketchUp"
 Topic: Design rule change: Transparent/Black/Detail Bounding Box is now 25x25x20cm
Design rule change: Transparent/Black/Detail Bounding Box is now 25x25x20cm [message #47164] Wed, 18 April 2012 14:46 UTC
avatar nancyliang  is currently offline nancyliang
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey all!

I am sad to say that our big detail machine is going offline. The new maximum bounding box for Transparent, Black, and White Detail is now 25x25x20cm.

If you need bigger models, take a look at White Strong & Flexible, or Black Strong & Flexible. Both those materials have larger bounding boxes and is the best choice in plastics for larger models (also cheaper!).

Let me know if you have any questions please!

Thanks,
Nancy

Product Manager
Twitter: @nliang
 Topic: Messing
Messing [message #47144] Wed, 18 April 2012 07:35 UTC
avatar bluesurfer95  is currently offline bluesurfer95
Go to my shop
Hallo zusammen.

Ist es denn nicht auch möglich bei so vielen Materialen Teile in Messing zu Drucken?

Gruß

Maik

Maik from -www.0e-Club-Hamburg.de-
 Topic: The Entoforms at the ASFH (this week)
The Entoforms at the ASFH (this week) [message #47059] Mon, 16 April 2012 09:55 UTC
avatar macouno  is currently offline macouno
Go to my shop
Hi everyone.

I thought I'd share the news that this entire week the Entoforms (printed by Shapeways of course) are on display in their very own booth at the rather prestigious Art & Antiques fair in den Bosch (the Netherlands).

For more information about the fair see: http://www.afsh.nl/

For more information about the Entoforms see:
http://www.entoforms.com/

Stop by if you can! I'm there myself a few days during the week and the entire weekend.

index.php?t=getfile&id=16164&private=0

[Updated on: Mon, 16 April 2012 10:00 UTC]

Topic: Guide to create your own 3d printed iPhone case
Guide to create your own 3d printed iPhone case [message #47036] Sun, 15 April 2012 19:02 UTC
avatar Maundy  is currently offline Maundy
Go to my shop
Here is a tutorial for everyone on how to design and create their own 3D printed iPhone case which is posted on instructables if anyone is interested.

[Updated on: Sun, 15 April 2012 19:02 UTC]

Topic: Parsing infos out of item pages (in edit mode)
Parsing infos out of item pages (in edit mode) [message #46994] Sat, 14 April 2012 17:42 UTC
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
I had the problem to get a list of the latest 3d files uploaded for my items.
I managed that with some unix shell scripting code.
Maybe the starting part can be of help also for other problems.

As passing parameter it uses the downloaded csv file containing markup informations.

#!/bin/sh

wget http://www.shapeways.com/login -O logon.html --keep-session-cookies --save-cookies cookies.txt --post-data 'username=woody64&password=XXXXXXX'

more +2 $1 | sed -e "s/,.*//" | sort -u | sed -e 's|"\([0-9]*\)|wget --load-cookies cookies.txt -O \1.html http://www.shapeways.com/model/edit/\1|' | sed -e 's|"|/|' | sh

In principle it stores all item pages (in edit mode, therefor the login is needed) of your store. You can then parse out informations (like latest uploaded 3d file) out of this pages.

Woody64

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once)
 Topic: WOW
icon14.gif  WOW [message #46534] Thu, 05 April 2012 16:44 UTC
avatar DarioScapittaDesign  is currently offline DarioScapittaDesign
Go to my shop
Hi,

On March 26 I've ordered some models in BS&F and one model in bronze for a my customer and the expected shipping date was 17 April...

...today I've received everything!!! Shocked

What a fast service! All my compliments at the production team! Smile

Thank you!
Dario

Dario Scapitta Design
www.darioscapittadesign.com
 Topic: Ok.... this is the resolution I am looking for
Ok.... this is the resolution I am looking for [message #46359] Tue, 03 April 2012 08:25 UTC
avatar nanomind  is currently offline nanomind
Go to all my models
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17357374

Very Happy
 Topic: Explorer ring from Uncharted sizes 6 - 11 available
Explorer ring from Uncharted sizes 6 - 11 available [message #46142] Thu, 29 March 2012 15:15 UTC
avatar Jewelry  Lab  is currently offline Jewelry Lab
Go to my shop
Here's the new Explorer ring model which can be actually worn on your finger because of available sizes from 6 to 11 with half size increase.
http://www.shapeways.com/model/457274/explorer-ring-size-6-1 -2.htmlindex.php?t=getfile&id=15706&private=0

Walter White
 Topic: E-mail Notifications
E-mail Notifications [message #45515] Wed, 14 March 2012 21:02 UTC
avatar bubby9534  is currently offline bubby9534
Go to my shop
So I had a customer who ordered one of my products and it turns out it couldn't get printed in that specific material. So They got a message that says "the shop owner will be notified" or something along the lines of that and I never got a notification either in my email of PMs? I have an AOL account. Also I never get e-mail when somebody responds to my forum posts.
 Topic: nano 3d printer
nano 3d printer [message #45386] Tue, 13 March 2012 01:47 UTC
avatar bvr  is currently offline bvr
Go to my shop
link
bvr

Buffalo, 360° @ a time
 Topic: Batman Movie Masters figure weapons using image popper
Batman Movie Masters figure weapons using image popper [message #45020] Wed, 07 March 2012 14:34 UTC
avatar Aznxmel  is currently offline Aznxmel
Go to all my models
Hello Sorry im very new to this, i thought i can use image popper to make a prop for my Batman movie master figures. i had an image for a batman grapple gun and cleaned it and made it black in white using Photoshop. then tried using image popper but it looked warped. anyway im trying to make movie props for this toy line and would like pointers possible programs. honestly i have no skill in drawing or designing but i will take any input to make this work out

Best,

Mel
 Topic: 3d modeling blog (for 3d printing)
3d modeling blog (for 3d printing) [message #44995] Wed, 07 March 2012 03:18 UTC
avatar Twopounder  is currently offline Twopounder
Go to my shop
So, some people were asking me a lot of questions about 3d modeling to make 3d prints, and my photobucket account was utterly destroyed (I had to pay $3 to upgrade to pro so I could get around the bandwidth limit).

Thus, I decided to make a blog for it. I also realized that there aren't too many blogs that walk people through making models specifically for 3d printing. I'm planning on having tutorials, guides, warnings, and so forth on it. Basically just stuff that I'm learning the hard way or cool things I make.

You can find it at - Fractured Mesh

Let me know what you think Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 07 March 2012 03:18 UTC]

http://fracturedmesh.blogspot.com/ - my 3d modeling blog
 Topic: The Shapies Awards
The Shapies Awards [message #44826] Sat, 03 March 2012 07:39 UTC
avatar Innovo  is currently offline Innovo
Go to my shop
This would be great fun and a nice Marketing/promotional tool for Shapeways.

We can have Best Category award (e.g. Best Gadget for 2012).
Voted by members.
A Most Popular Category award (e.g. Most Popular Gadget for 2012).
Automatically selected by number of views.

And many others....

What do you think?

Innovation & Design

http://www.etsy.com/shop/InnovoDesign
www.facebook.com/byInnovoDesign
 Topic: Question regarding light transfer through material
Question regarding light transfer through material [message #44742] Thu, 01 March 2012 21:23 UTC
avatar KirtK  is currently offline KirtK
Go to all my models
Currently working on a project that will be back lighted yet requires the maximum amount of diffused light to pass through yet keep the source obscured. There will be a total of 16 LEDs as the light source with a 4 mm distance from the face of the LEDs to the back of diffusion material.

1 - Will 1 mm of diffusion material be too thick to allow the light pass through?
2 - Which diffusion material would be better (WSF or Frosted Detail) for allowing maximum diffused light transfer (knowing that FD can provide thinner walls)?

The diffuser is also made to be interchangeable with to provide either a thicker or thinner "face" and will have small locking tab that will need to flex maybe .5-1 mm.
 Topic: Check out my Kickstarter sculpt project!
Check out my Kickstarter sculpt project! [message #44648] Wed, 29 February 2012 17:04 UTC
avatar figurebang  is currently offline figurebang
Go to my shop
Hi everybody, please help me out by spreading the word about my Kickstarter project: The Stelliform Owl
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2002776334/the-stellifor m-owl
By posting the link on other relative blogs or forums, we'll get more exposure and hopefully make the goal. Shapeways will be doing all the prints!
index.php?t=getfile&id=14980&private=0

[Updated on: Wed, 29 February 2012 17:05 UTC]

Topic: Smithsonian Aims to Make All Objects In Museum Collection 3-D-Printable
Smithsonian Aims to Make All Objects In Museum Collection 3-D-Printable [message #44575] Tue, 28 February 2012 00:53 UTC
avatar bvr  is currently offline bvr
Go to my shop
Interesting stuff.
bvr

popular science article

Buffalo, 360° @ a time
 Topic: RotVar!
RotVar! [message #44434] Fri, 24 February 2012 16:24 UTC
avatar RotVar!  is currently offline RotVar!
Go to my shop
Hi all Smile
i don't know if this is the right place where show this:
We finally finished our game, RotVar!
here you can find the description of the game (and buy it if you like), and in our shop (of shapeways) you can see the miniatures Smile

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/rotvar1
 Topic: Default from zbrush to resin: My journey to indie art toy creation.
Default from zbrush to resin: My journey to indie art toy creation. [message #44392] Thu, 23 February 2012 18:37 UTC
avatar amph  is currently offline amph
Go to all my models
Hi mates!!

I'm an illustrator based in Barcelona,Spain.
One of my dreams in the last years was to make (or at least try) to make my own vinyl toys. After some research, I started to use zbrush for conceptualizing shapes, and make the finished model, being able to acomplish some nice and smooth results.
The model was made using a stl system (yes, 3d printing), and a lot of postproduction work (priming, sanding, etc...).
I started a IndieGoGo campaign (crowdfunding), because I need help for start the manufacturing process (casting materials, packaging, etc...).

read more at http://www.indiegogo.com/Chubbyrd-art-toy and don't forget to share the campaign's link in your favourite social network. And buy one if u like it !!!

Cheers from Spain!!!!

index.php?t=getfile&id=14828&private=0

• Attachment: rusty.jpg
    (Size: 75.50KB, Downloaded 268 time(s))

[Updated on: Thu, 23 February 2012 18:37 UTC]

Topic: I can't find the ColladaMaya plug-in for 2012 if you could help me that would be great.
I can't find the ColladaMaya plug-in for 2012 if you could help me that would be great. [message #44056] Wed, 15 February 2012 04:58 UTC
avatar bgourl  is currently offline bgourl
Go to all my models
I'm sure this has been talked about but I need to find ColladaMaya plug-in for 2012 so I can print.
 Topic: Free Software Draftsight
Free Software Draftsight [message #44041] Wed, 15 February 2012 00:49 UTC
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/download-draftsight/? xtor=SEC-6-GOO
It is very much like Autocad, 2d solid and 3d face included, can export to STL

jacantdesign@gmail.com
 Topic: necklace
necklace [message #43680] Wed, 08 February 2012 18:21 UTC
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I'd like to have necklaces offered again. Wouldn't you? Vote here http://feedback.shapeways.com/forums/111989-shapeways-feedba ck/suggestions/2580089-bring-back-the-necklaces

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
 Topic: Transplant jaw made by 3D printer claimed as first
Transplant jaw made by 3D printer claimed as first [message #43604] Tue, 07 February 2012 09:50 UTC
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
"A 3D printer-created lower jaw has been fitted to an 83-year-old woman's face in what doctors say is the first operation of its kind"; read more here; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16907104

Topic: Design Competition - sponsored by RAPIMAN
Design Competition - sponsored by RAPIMAN [message #43121] Mon, 30 January 2012 17:36 UTC
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Looks like a debut of a new 3D printer similar to a RepRap. More details here, its based in Slovenia, and the prizes include a desktop 3D printer and 3D prints (likely from said printer).

If you're new to 3D printing, learn the secrets from a professional. Get my book "3D Printing with SketchUp"
 Topic: Shapeways wordpress widget
Shapeways wordpress widget [message #42929] Fri, 27 January 2012 22:11 UTC
avatar wideeyezmind  is currently offline wideeyezmind
Go to my shop
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has been having problems with their 'shapways shop' widget on their wordpress website?

I've had one for.. 5 months now and it worked perfectly... but i realized today that it isn't loading any models anymore...?

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
or
Has anyone corrected this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
 Topic: create 3D Models in realtime using MS-Kinect + fast graphic-card
create 3D Models in realtime using MS-Kinect + fast graphic-card [message #42862] Fri, 27 January 2012 10:05 UTC
avatar zyko  is currently offline zyko
Go to all my models
beta testers welcome
http://reconstructme.net
 Topic: 123D Make
123D Make [message #42817] Thu, 26 January 2012 17:59 UTC
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
123D Make is now an online app! I have to wait till I get home to play with it, but you guys can check it out before me here http://apps.123dapp.com/install.html?OS=pass&Browser=pas s&WebGL=fail&referrer=/make/

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
 Topic: Silver Design Rules
Silver Design Rules [message #42594] Mon, 23 January 2012 21:12 UTC
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Whats up everyone. I have a question on a possible workaround. In the design rules for silver it shows a maximum height of 30mm. My question is for my skull ring in my shop. lets say i make it 35 mm from chin to top of head. If I angle the 3d model back about 45 degrees so that the height changes down to 30mm while still keeping the rings dimensions the same (meaning the skull will remain 35mm from chin to top of head). will this be OK?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
 Topic: TED talk about 3D printing
TED talk about 3D printing [message #42586] Mon, 23 January 2012 19:47 UTC
avatar LincolnK  is currently offline LincolnK
Go to my shop
http://www.ted.com/talks/lisa_harouni_a_primer_on_3d_printin g.html

3D printing is getting a lot of publicity these days!

Lincoln
www.Craftosterone.com
www.NovaKingWay.com

For special discounts and news add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Craftosterone
www.Craftosterone.com
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/novakingway
 Topic: Materials - Exposure to the Elements...
Materials - Exposure to the Elements... [message #42514] Sun, 22 January 2012 22:48 UTC
avatar rbn  is currently offline rbn
Go to all my models
I've been trying to refine my bike's hydration system as I haven't found any pre-built components that do everything that I'd like. Aside from being able to design them to my own specifications, there is also the benefit that the attachment mechanisms could be designed to mesh perfectly with my existing equipment (rather than having kludgy velco/zip-tie setups required when designing a product to attach to a variety of different configurations).

My concern, however, is how well these materials will hold up when exposed to the elements (UV, pouring rain, hail, humidity, oils/salt kicked up from the road, heavy winds, etc.) and being bathed with sweat/sports drinks? The Grey Robust material looked like my best bet but it appears to be discontinued. Stainless steel would likely work okay, but it's a good deal heavier than I'd like. The coloured WSF materials are interesting, but the notes about absorbing pollution and yellowing over time have me worried a bit.

As such, I was hoping to get some feedback as to how well these materials can hold up under those circumstances and/or if anything can be done to toughen them up on my end? Right now I'm just looking at something simple like this but with rigid mounting arms rather than the velcro. Down the road, there are a few more complicated parts (eg faired storage that mesh with aerofoil tube sections) that I'd like to play around with.

What I'd really like would be a food-safe plastic material so I could make my own bottles/tubing but for the time being I'll stick to parts that can better work with existing systems. Either way, I love the idea of this stuff and just have to find a way to make it work for me Wink
 Topic: simple 1 button push to get a perfect 3D scan of an object
simple 1 button push to get a perfect 3D scan of an object [message #42489] Sun, 22 January 2012 11:02 UTC
avatar LincolnK  is currently offline LincolnK
Go to my shop
http://www.gizmag.com/orcam-orbital-camera-system/21163/

Interesting device!

Lincoln
http://www.craftosterone.com

For special discounts and news add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Craftosterone
www.Craftosterone.com
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/novakingway
 Topic: Access to Shapeways 3D Viewer
Access to Shapeways 3D Viewer [message #42312] Fri, 20 January 2012 08:28 UTC
avatar Jeffrey V. Cook  is currently offline Jeffrey V. Cook
Go to my shop
I've gotten really good at making sure my uploads pass the initial Shapeways tests, but now that I am using FCS, there is the extra issue of color, and small defects sometimes show up when I look at my uploaded model using the Shapeways 2D and 3D viewers. The 3D viewer only works sporadically, no more than half time, under both Mint Linux and Windows Vista using both Chrome and Firefox (sometimes I get "applet not started").

If I could run the Shapeways 2D and 3D viewers at home, I could speed up the fix/upload/view/repeat process for my models. Are these viewers available in the public domain or could they be made so? Thanks...Jeff
 Topic: New Silver Printing article
New Silver Printing article [message #41882] Fri, 13 January 2012 17:44 UTC
avatar sgheeter  is currently offline sgheeter
Go to my shop
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/01/120113093637.ht m?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign =Feed%3A+sciencedaily+%28ScienceDaily%3A+Latest+Science+News %29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher
 Topic: having trouble uploading
having trouble uploading [message #41580] Tue, 10 January 2012 05:43 UTC
avatar AC0011  is currently offline AC0011
Go to all my models
Hi. I am wondering where to export my model so I can upload it. I am using blender for making my model.
 Topic: Comletely off-topic, for the Rubic's cube folks..
Comletely off-topic, for the Rubic's cube folks.. [message #41314] Fri, 06 January 2012 17:47 UTC
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I know this has NOTHING to do with 3d printing, but it seemed too tasty not to share:

http://www.journaldugeek.com/files/2011/08/rubiks-cube-cake.jpg

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
 Topic: Check out my new shop! Minecraft Mini's!
icon2.gif  Check out my new shop! Minecraft Mini's! [message #41100] Tue, 03 January 2012 02:45 UTC
avatar krcm0209  is currently offline krcm0209
Go to my shop
Hello people of Shapeways. My name is Kyle, and I just created my very first Shapeways shop, Minecraft Mini's. Please take a moment and check it out would you?

I would love to get any and all feedback regarding the shop, how I can improve it, and what kind of models/miniatures you would like me to build/add to the shop.

Minecraft Mini's

Thanks.
Pages (87): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    »]

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.