Search Search  
Today's Messages (ON)  | Unanswered Messages (OFF)

Forum: Suggestions
 Topic: Ability to easily change store section names
Re: Ability to easily change store section names [message #114245 is a reply to message #114190 ] Tue, 21 April 2015 10:23 UTC
avatar panguver  is currently offline panguver
Go to my shop
I would like rename couple store section because url to is ugly. But it will huge pain for 250+ items...
 Topic: Shapeways not safe for your models until downloading function is available for hackers
Re: Shapeways not safe for your models until downloading function is available for hackers [message #114242 is a reply to message #114202 ] Tue, 21 April 2015 07:14 UTC
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
I'm interested in the "not even pictures" part.

I looked up your name on Google and spotted 3 or 4 websites with your models where I was able to download the picture without any problems?
Right mouseclick -> save as

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Shapeways not safe for your models until downloading function is available for hackers [message #114246 is a reply to message #114242 ] Tue, 21 April 2015 10:26 UTC
Go to my shop
Please try to do it on Scu*pteo shops. As example, here http://www.sculpteo.com/en/print/pa_medalion_f2c45x38x7se61- wax/xsBEkCzY
Re: Shapeways not safe for your models until downloading function is available for hackers [message #114247 is a reply to message #114246 ] Tue, 21 April 2015 10:47 UTC
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
So they disable the right-click popup menu of the browser with their javascript code - but whatever you see will also end up in the browser cache on your local disk, just a bit less convenient to extract it from there. Or you could use the "view page source" option in your browser and cut-and-paste an
image location from there into a new browser window without all their protective javascript code, e.g.
this snapshot of your item
(This is a fundamental limitation of "the web" - any image you show someone will be delivered to that person - which is why shapeways and competitors all use some kind of slideshow generator for showing our models to potential customers instead of using vrml or webgl)
Re: Shapeways not safe for your models until downloading function is available for hackers [message #114249 is a reply to message #114247 ] Tue, 21 April 2015 10:56 UTC
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Yup, mrkroeker is right :)

The other picture:
http://i.imgur.com/V32ge3Z.jpg

Also: http://webscraper.io/
There are a lot of ways to copy a website/pictures

[Updated on: Tue, 21 April 2015 10:57 UTC]

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Shapeways not safe for your models until downloading function is available for hackers [message #114252 is a reply to message #114249 ] Tue, 21 April 2015 11:33 UTC
Go to my shop
Main problem not in pictures, but in ability to hack account and stole the original models. I change my password on my e-mail on Google several times per week (by safe codegenerator, as example pass HJ8iu3yiHY34e68TyktQwn0JQtpQ2) and it usually has been hacked several times per year. But in case of Scu*pteo I hope that my models will safe. Is it possible on Shapeways? Please disable the download function on my account forever.

Thank you.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.