Home » Support » 3D Printing » FUD Z axis resolution
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
FUD Z axis resolution [message #32589] Fri, 12 August 2011 16:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar uncookedtrout  is currently offline uncookedtrout
Go to my shop
I can't find any info on how thick the vertical layers are for FUD. Does anyone know?
Re: FUD Z axis resolution [message #32595 is a reply to message #32589 ] Fri, 12 August 2011 17:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I believe these are made with object printers, and the highest resolution listed by objet is 28 microns. Not sure if that is what Shapeways uses, but I'll check.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: FUD Z axis resolution [message #32610 is a reply to message #32589 ] Fri, 12 August 2011 23:32 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
FUD is 800 layers per inch, which means 31.75 micron thick layers, printed with 3DSystems' Project HD 3000.

Objet Connex 500 machine is used for White, Black and Transparent detail, and run in 30 micron fast mode (there were some tests with 16 micron detail mode).

Previous Topic:REF: Mechanical Parts
Next Topic:Cost

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.