Home » Community » Work in progress » Co-creation iPhone Art Case Project
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Co-creation iPhone Art Case Project [message #78479] Fri, 08 November 2013 12:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar sheridan  is currently offline sheridan
Go to my shop
My iPhone Art Case - Co-creation project from 2011 is a product that can be truly tailored online.... try it:

http://www.designpartners.co.uk/Product/SmartPhone_Skin/

You may argue that the text is the truly adaptable part of this customisation process, due to the number of configurations and iterations? However this solutions envelope contains 1296 topological options from a possible infinite larger number..... But how do we get the larger number of options and this kind of full flexibility online???

index.php?t=getfile&id=44597&private=0

The large file size of a 3D model client side is not easy to realise for a quick download web app...? Unless of course everything gets quicker and someone like Adobe reader create more interface tools for 3D pdfs....????

It would be interesting to here your thoughts.

index.php?t=getfile&id=44598&private=0

www.e-DNA.co.uk
Re: Co-creation iPhone Art Case Project [message #78700 is a reply to message #78479 ] Mon, 11 November 2013 14:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Most designers would solve this by scripting some server-side modeling software. Here's a recent example:

http://www.blendernation.com/2013/10/23/creating-one-million -birds-for-3d-printing/

Alternatively, you could try our new ShapeJS scripting system. This isn't really to reply full apps yet at this time, but maybe it can get your creative juices flowing!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Co-creation iPhone Art Case Project [message #78723 is a reply to message #78700 ] Mon, 11 November 2013 15:10 UTC Go to previous message
avatar sheridan  is currently offline sheridan
Go to my shop
Thanks Bart.. but I think that the current state of play for more complicated products needs more thought. For example I don't think you can use the very simple and primitive geometry change in the bird rings as an example next to the geometry on my iPhone Art Case... that is one product amongst many other more complex designs, that are out there, and that just can't be brought to online market just yet due to this. So I think it is important to understand the limitations of automatic server sider 3D model generators.... as many will never be as quick as image upload from pre processed generation - unless of course we use client side tech that utilises the end users processor and RAM swell. Hybrid until we super cool for more processor oomph!

p.s. Do you know if the birds are pre processed by any chance?

j

www.e-DNA.co.uk

Previous Topic:Robotic Hand
Next Topic:Escher Reloaded

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.