Home » Support » Buying » I can not open a shop
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon9.gif  I can not open a shop [message #77349] Wed, 23 October 2013 07:02 UTC Go to next message
avatar Kevalle  is currently offline Kevalle
Go to all my models
"You must have a billing address set in order to open a shop." - displayed when trying to open shop
When trying to write a Billing Address, displays -
"Whoops! Please correct the errors below:
Required fields are missing.
UPS has temporarily suspended the acceptance of dutiable shipments sent to private individuals in Russia until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience. "
As a result, it is impossible to open a shop, something can be done?
Re: I can not open a shop [message #77352 is a reply to message #77349 ] Wed, 23 October 2013 07:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Possibly a stupid question - but have you received any goods from foreign sellers (US or western Europe in particular) recently ?
If so, which parcel service did carry them ? As far as I know, this business of "no dutiable goods to private individuals in Russia" is not limited to UPS, but also practised by DHL and others - apparently the Russian government has put extra restrictions on this kind of imports,making it too much hassle for the
parcel services.
This would also prevent you from receiving any prints you ordered for yourself - including test prints for objects you want to offer in your shop.
(Perhaps you might be able to work around this by getting parcels delivered to a business address - your workplace, university or whatever.)
Re: I can not open a shop [message #77353 is a reply to message #77352 ] Wed, 23 October 2013 07:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
...on the other hand, if you are not actually living in Russia, chances are that you may disregard the bottom part of that hint
and just complete your address entry (in that case, you probably did not enter a telephone number - they recently started requiring
one citing that UPS wants to be able to contact you when there are any delivery problems.)
Re: I can not open a shop [message #77413 is a reply to message #77353 ] Wed, 23 October 2013 21:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I ordered from China, but it was not a 3D printing.
The fact of the matter is that I can not complete the entry address if you choose that from Russia
Re: I can not open a shop [message #77417 is a reply to message #77413 ] Wed, 23 October 2013 22:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Send email to service@shapeways.com
Normally they expect you to give both a shipping and a billing address, and both have to be in the same country.

In the past shapeways did not accept Russian customers as neither UPS nor any of the other European postal companies were willing
to deliver packages to individuals in Russia (too much paperwork involved due to some Russian governmental order). I see the description
of this problem has now been changed to refer only to parcels sent from one person to another, so perhaps shapeways as a business can
now get shipments to persons in Russia going again ?

(Though it is strange that shapeways has copied the exact phrase from the UPS website as a warning in their "Shipping" document (linked at
the bottom of the webpage), although it does not apply to them as a business ??)
Re: I can not open a shop [message #77446 is a reply to message #77417 ] Thu, 24 October 2013 11:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I just know that there are people on www.shapeways.сom from Russia, who open shop and sell, so I think it's real. I'll try to write to the e-mail to service, but here they do not exist?
Re: I can not open a shop [message #77448 is a reply to message #77446 ] Thu, 24 October 2013 11:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Most if not all of their "community managers" or sales engineers who usually read and reply in the forum are probably at the "Dutch Design Week" trade fair this week, so you should get a quicker response from the service crew.
Re: I can not open a shop [message #77931 is a reply to message #77448 ] Thu, 31 October 2013 13:11 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey Kevalle,

did Customer Service fix this for you?

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Cashing in store credits
Next Topic:Order cancelled due to designer not uploading personalized file

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.