Home » Community » General Discussion » IP Addresses in Private Messages?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
IP Addresses in Private Messages? [message #76214] Sun, 06 October 2013 08:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar ppoz  is currently offline ppoz
Go to my shop
Is it possible to see the IP address of someone who sends you a private message? I suspect that the same person is sending me messages using different IDs -- to what end I don't know since they never end up buying anything. It's not exactly trolling or stalking behavior, it's just odd is all.

A question in general for other Shapies, is it normal to receive a lot of "dead end" communications?

[Updated on: Sun, 06 October 2013 08:50 UTC]

Re: IP Addresses in Private Messages? [message #76217 is a reply to message #76214 ] Sun, 06 October 2013 09:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Publishing users IP would likely violate the privacy agreements of the site.
But if the problem persists, you can privately contact a moderator with the usernames and we can check the user IDs for you and take action where needed.
Over the years I have had some dead end communications, but a lot is not regular.

Best,

Stijn
Virtox

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -

Previous Topic:Using inventor to create a STL
Next Topic:SPARKILNG collection photoshoot

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.