Home » Community » General Discussion » Okay to Polish Screws Printing in Strong & Flexible Plastic?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Okay to Polish Screws Printing in Strong & Flexible Plastic? [message #71883] Fri, 19 July 2013 22:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar WorldWiz  is currently offline WorldWiz
Go to my shop
My model includes a screw and another piece with a screw hole. If I have everything polished after printing in strong & flexible plastic, would that either take away too much material or take away material unevenly, and leave me with a screw that no longer fits tightly into the screw hole? Thanks.

• Attachment: Screw.stl
    (Size: 112.97KB, Downloaded 25 time(s))

[Updated on: Sat, 20 July 2013 03:07 UTC]

Re: Okay to Polish Screws Printing in Strong & Flexible Plastic? [message #71890 is a reply to message #71883 ] Sat, 20 July 2013 02:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FreeRangeBrain  is currently offline FreeRangeBrain
Go to my shop
Well.... that kinda depends. How big is the screw and how fine is the pitch?

Creativity - sometimes by the brute force method.
Re: Okay to Polish Screws Printing in Strong & Flexible Plastic? [message #71891 is a reply to message #71890 ] Sat, 20 July 2013 03:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar WorldWiz  is currently offline WorldWiz
Go to my shop
Sorry, forgot to attach the model.

Previous Topic:Contest: The most hilarious rejections, ever
Next Topic:Thickness Changes

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.