Home » Community » It arrived! » Blown QR
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Blown QR [message #64771] Sun, 24 March 2013 18:57 UTC Go to next message
avatar clsn  is currently offline clsn
Go to my shop
So a week or two ago I got my order, including an item which was supposed to have a QR code embossed on it (to be colored in later). But the code isn't right: see attached picture. Note the "target" squares on the right, supposed to be squares within squares (as they are elsewhere) but instead have other stuff inside. And other imperfections in other places... In more careful inspection, it looks like these errors are there even on the 3D rendering provided in the Shapeways shop... but they aren't in my original! Any suggestions?

• Attachment: deaddie.jpg
    (Size: 111.31KB, Downloaded 145 time(s))

Re: Blown QR [message #64774 is a reply to message #64771 ] Sun, 24 March 2013 19:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Just the usual advice: download a free copy of netfabb studio basic (and/or meshlab, depending on which file format you used)
and check your file with it - most likely there were coincident surfaces, or faces with wrongly oriented normals, and the shapeways
software took the wrong cues from the conflicting data you provided.
Re: Blown QR [message #64833 is a reply to message #64771 ] Mon, 25 March 2013 14:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
clsn wrote on Sun, 24 March 2013 18:57

In more careful inspection, it looks like these errors are there even on the 3D rendering provided in the Shapeways shop... but they aren't in my original! Any suggestions?

mkroeker, gives good advice. And what you see in the render is what you will get as the render is made after auto cleaning the file. If you have any further questions, feel free to email Service.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Blown QR [message #65047 is a reply to message #64833 ] Thu, 28 March 2013 02:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar clsn  is currently offline clsn
Go to my shop
Indeed, netfabb is something I need to look into now; I can see some problems using it. And looking at the Shapeways render would help too. Blender, why oh why dost thou deceive me so? Thanks for the tip!
Re: Blown QR [message #65057 is a reply to message #65047 ] Thu, 28 March 2013 10:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
@clsn: check out the new 3D Printing Toolbox that will be part of 2.67:

http://www.blendernation.com/2013/03/27/blender-2-67-feature -3d-printing-toolbox/

You can already download a 'nightly build' (which may still contain some bugs though) and enjoy it!

It contains a number of checks that should help.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:New 1/1000 Scale Space 1999 SWIFTS
Next Topic:A net tea light

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.