Home » Community » Work in progress » From Sketch to Reality
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
From Sketch to Reality [message #60844] Sat, 26 January 2013 15:54 UTC Go to next message
avatar TurtlesAreCool  is currently offline TurtlesAreCool
Go to my shop
I made this sketch the other day. I'm going to turn it into a vector drawing so it can be used to emboss or engrave something. After that, I'm not sure what I should do with it.

What do you think?

(Note - the design will be symmetrical. I'm right-handed, so the right side of the drawing always looks better than the left. That's why I often don't bother to draw both sides when it is symmetrical)

index.php?t=getfile&id=26188&private=0

• Attachment: 1-angel.JPG
    (Size: 96.56KB, Downloaded 331 time(s))

Re: From Sketch to Reality [message #60868 is a reply to message #60844 ] Sat, 26 January 2013 23:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Well, I turned it into a vector and produced this as a test. I made the design a bit deeper than necessary, to account for polishing.

Thoughts on other ways I could use this?

http://www.shapeways.com/model/891968/
Re: From Sketch to Reality [message #61756 is a reply to message #60868 ] Sun, 10 February 2013 21:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I made another version of this, except with more sword.

I think I'll try out the FCS material with it. Any thoughts? Should I make it a flat object with thickness (i.e. something that you might hang as a decoration) or something else?

index.php?t=getfile&id=27021&private=0

Re: From Sketch to Reality [message #61826 is a reply to message #61756 ] Mon, 11 February 2013 21:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ray716  is currently offline Ray716
Go to my shop
I really like the render with the sword. very awesome design.

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: From Sketch to Reality [message #61849 is a reply to message #61826 ] Tue, 12 February 2013 08:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Yeah I like it too! This would look great as a flat bas relief Christmas ornament!

I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing.  

James
Re: From Sketch to Reality [message #62113 is a reply to message #60844 ] Fri, 15 February 2013 14:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Wow! Looks great Smile

Community Manager | Shapeways
Re: From Sketch to Reality [message #62117 is a reply to message #62113 ] Fri, 15 February 2013 15:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks, all.

I haven't tried the FCS print yet, but here's my quickie paint job on the test print I got the other day. I think it looks pretty good, although it lost some detail because I had to make the engraving shallower due to wall thickness issues. Personally, this is small enough that I think it would have been fine and was willing to accept the risk of a poor print, but w/e. I was breaking the rules pretty badly in this case. Very Happy
index.php?t=getfile&id=27356&private=0

Re: From Sketch to Reality [message #62119 is a reply to message #62117 ] Fri, 15 February 2013 15:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Keep up the great work! Looking good! Smile

I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing.  

James

Previous Topic:Stainless Steel Thin Sections Suggestions?
Next Topic:my first try at this check it out