Home »  » General Discussion » Producing and creating a product
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Producing and creating a product [message #61182] Fri, 01 February 2013 16:28 UTC Go to next message
avatar faabiian  is currently offline faabiian
Go to all my models
Hello, I am interested in creating a product, or a range of products based around the technology sector. I have a great concept of what I am designing and have put the ideas onto paper. And know they will sell. However I have no idea where to start this business, as I can't create the products myself as it it too complicated and I have little experience in that area of work. So I was wondering how I can create phone cases, and put together design ideas for a product, for example; a portable hard-drive. Thank you very much in advance!

I am a student, who is interested in Graphic Design, Business and work that involves the web! I aspire to hold my own business in the technology sector.
Re: Producing and creating a product [message #61301 is a reply to message #61182 ] Mon, 04 February 2013 10:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Hi faabiian,

what exactly do you need help with? With developing the concepts, or with 3D modeling design? For the latter, we offer two forums, '3D modeler needed' and '3D moder for hire' where you can get assistance.

Does that help?

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Producing and creating a product [message #61323 is a reply to message #61182 ] Mon, 04 February 2013 14:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
You may be confused by the 'create new products page'.

This page is used to upload files produced by 3d modelling software to be printed by Shapeways on their 3d printers.

I agree, it is confusing.
Re: Producing and creating a product [message #61334 is a reply to message #61301 ] Mon, 04 February 2013 17:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hello, well I have a concept, and have yet to Model it, so I guess 3D modelling? Thank-you very much for your reply!

I am a student, who is interested in Graphic Design, Business and work that involves the web! I aspire to hold my own business in the technology sector.
Re: Producing and creating a product [message #61335 is a reply to message #61323 ] Mon, 04 February 2013 17:28 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Oh ok, but I have a concept, and haven't modelled it yet. Also the product I want modelled doesn't actually appear on the "Create a product" page.
Thanks fro your time

Previous Topic:Am I using the Internet browser of choice?
Next Topic:How things are printed

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.