Home »  » 3D Printing » Lost wax process - which material will melt easiest/cleanest
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Lost wax process - which material will melt easiest/cleanest [message #61113] Thu, 31 January 2013 14:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar oliverashford  is currently offline oliverashford
Go to all my models
I am making a model of a ring with sprues and a pouring button. This will have investment poured over and around it and then placed in a kiln to burn the positive out leaving space for casting metal to be poured in.

What I am wondering is what would be the best material to get printed i and what kind of temperatures are we talking about being necessary?

Thanks in advance.

Oli
Re: Lost wax process - which material will melt easiest/cleanest [message #61117 is a reply to message #61113 ] Thu, 31 January 2013 15:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I know WSF has been used for this before, do a search in the post production section to find more.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Lost wax process - which material will melt easiest/cleanest [message #91313 is a reply to message #61113 ] Thu, 05 June 2014 11:28 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey oliverashford,

Just wanted to let you know: WE PRINT WAX NOW!

Have fun,
Natalia

Shapeways Community Manager

Previous Topic:WSF Z axis accuracy
Next Topic:Printed wax model

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.