Home » Community » Co-Creator Feedback » re-selling co-created models
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
re-selling co-created models [message #60097] Sat, 12 January 2013 19:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar rbrauer  is currently offline rbrauer
Go to my shop
If I understand co-creation correctly, a customer can give their input and the seller customizes (generates perhaps) the model. After upload, the model is then available in the buyer's account. If the buyer has a shop on Shapeways is it then possible for them to re-sell their co-created model? It seems like I've seen co-created objects for sale, but I could be wrong.

I'd like to generate unique models from and algorithm I created for each order. It would be nice to have a co-creator setup that didn't require any input for this purpose. If these were not re-sellable they could have a sort of limited edition quality.
Re: re-selling co-created models [message #60099 is a reply to message #60097 ] Sat, 12 January 2013 20:46 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I haven't used co-creator myself, but in general:

If you set the model in your shop to "Public" then it would be available to all.
If you don't, then only the people that you share the link with would be able to buy it. That would include the original buyer sharing the link with a second person.

What you could do is once the item has been printed and delivered, is just delete the model from your shop.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:RE-upload file for co-creator
Next Topic:Re-ordering of rejected models

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.