Home » Community » General Discussion » HOW do i turn these into action figs
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon4.gif  HOW do i turn these into action figs [message #59370] Sun, 30 December 2012 18:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar KeatonBale  is currently offline KeatonBale
Go to all my models
can some one tell me how i turn skecthup models into action figs

KB2012
Re: HOW do i turn these into action figs [message #59373 is a reply to message #59370 ] Sun, 30 December 2012 18:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Looking at the components of the Sketchup file, there's no provision for moveable limbs. The model, as is could be cleaned up for printing, however, it would be one solid lump without moving parts - to get the moving parts would take some re-modelling to create the necessary hinges and joints.

Paul

Re: HOW do i turn these into action figs [message #59390 is a reply to message #59370 ] Sun, 30 December 2012 22:23 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
Very nice model, especially for Sketchup. You will find out that no matter how good a model looks on the outside, they will normally need tweaking to print in 3D.Sad. It has some interior faces that need to be removed, the future boolean join(merging shells) looks good. As Paul said it will be a solid piece once it is cleaned up, but cool looking anyway.
I am needing a new project. What height do you need it printed anyway.Smile

Keith

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith

Previous Topic:Contacting the Designers!
Next Topic:Inquiry - Cube