Home » Community » Introductions » Hi, I come from the internets
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hi, I come from the internets [message #58081] Thu, 06 December 2012 03:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar miaka618  is currently offline miaka618
Go to my shop
I would like to say hello and salutations. I have recently (re)discovered shapeways and am uber excited to be here. I wanted to make some unique Christmas presents (and I did) and now i'm just waiting with sweaty palms and nervous shakes for my items to arrive.
I hail from the land of IMVU and Nuvera Online and would love to actually hold one of my models...but isn't that why we are all here. But first I must wait. Wait, wait, wait...... I have noticed a few fellow internet dwellers here, which is exciting. Gosh, everything is so exciting! Does that new car smell eventually wear off? I'm sure it does. I did with my other 3D work, but it's still exciting to upload something new. Has anyone ever just stared at one of their creations in awe? Like a newborn baby, going back to it again and again. No? Well maybe I'm just weird then.

Ok, to wrap this post up. Hi.
Re: Hi, I come from the internets [message #58104 is a reply to message #58081 ] Thu, 06 December 2012 14:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Hello and welcome!

Any links to your previous works? What software are you working with?

I think we all have that special piece. I actually keep versions of my acoustabowl in my car to randomly show to people.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Hi, I come from the internets [message #58112 is a reply to message #58104 ] Thu, 06 December 2012 16:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I use 3DS Max and I've used Maya in the past.

Here is my IMVU catalog: http://www.imvu.com/shop/web_search.php?manufacturers_id=188 0589
Mostly animation stuffs, but there are a few models there I want to fix up for printing.

Nuvera Online: http://www.nuveraonline.com/index.php?page=catalog&secti on=browse&creator_id=189
They just recently came out of beta and are in need of a few good meshers. *Points at you.* I actually animated their default walk and run cycles for their avatars. I feel so special.
Re: Hi, I come from the internets [message #58163 is a reply to message #58112 ] Fri, 07 December 2012 13:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Btw, I think you guys should print chocolate. Smile
Re: Hi, I come from the internets [message #58164 is a reply to message #58081 ] Fri, 07 December 2012 13:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
It would be great, but we need a chocolate that's melt in your mouth, not in the back of a hot UPS truck.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Hi, I come from the internets [message #58228 is a reply to message #58081 ] Sat, 08 December 2012 05:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar victorrings  is currently offline victorrings
Go to my shop
try this website...

http://www.chocomize.com/

it isn't printing exactly but i think that they have mastered the chocolate transportation.

chris

my website is online at
http://victorrings.weebly.com/
RINGS GALORE!
Re: Hi, I come from the internets [message #58248 is a reply to message #58228 ] Sat, 08 December 2012 17:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Oooor, I could make chocolate molds. Smile
Re: Hi, I come from the internets [message #58382 is a reply to message #58248 ] Tue, 11 December 2012 10:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Absolutely! Here's how you do it Wink

http://bebop.cns.ualberta.ca/~cwant/chocomonkey/

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Hi, I come from the internets [message #58530 is a reply to message #58382 ] Thu, 13 December 2012 03:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
That seems like a lot of work. Razz
Re: Hi, I come from the internets [message #58540 is a reply to message #58530 ] Thu, 13 December 2012 09:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Yes, but... chocolate! Smile

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Hi, I come from the internets [message #58553 is a reply to message #58081 ] Thu, 13 December 2012 14:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
You could print the hole mold in ceramics, but that would be a little pricey. Orrrr you could build your own vacuum forming machine (check out instructables) print the pieces in WSF and vacuum form a sheet of PET over top of them.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Hi, I come from the internets [message #58566 is a reply to message #58553 ] Thu, 13 December 2012 17:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yeah, I've seen them there home grown vacuum molding machines. A little less work....maybe.
I could just, I dunno, eat chocolate and tell everyone what a cool shape It was *wink* *wink* before I ate it.

I have a lady friend who does the whole chocolate making thing. She might really get into this.
Re: Hi, I come from the internets [message #59352 is a reply to message #58081 ] Sat, 29 December 2012 22:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
miaka618 wrote on Thu, 06 December 2012 03:27

I would like to say hello and salutations. I have recently (re)discovered shapeways and am uber excited to be here. I wanted to make some unique Christmas presents (and I did) and now i'm just waiting with sweaty palms and nervous shakes for my items to arrive.

A late welcome and looking forward to seeing your shop. I only hope the items you ordered for Christmas weren't silver because I had some horrible issues with that, and I have a customer who ordered the day before Shapeways deadline and she finally just got an email saying it will arrive on 2nd Jan... I also had to spend $144 on two FedEx packages to get them to customers on Mon 24th Dec after I got them on the Fri 21st.

Next year I will tell my customers not to order anything after 1st November no matter what promises Shapeways makes.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Hi, I come from the internets [message #59526 is a reply to message #59352 ] Thu, 03 January 2013 02:38 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Happy 2013!

No, I did not order in silver and my stuff got here the exact day they said it would...though after the order was finished then processed for shipping, UPS said it would get here a bit early. It didn't. Sooooo, my elation was crushed, but I got over it.. Razz

Previous Topic:HI_Every one,HappyNewYear~
Next Topic:Hi all, new here with a quick question