Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » 3D Model of a skunk + owl hybrid
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3D Model of a skunk + owl hybrid [message #56841] Wed, 14 November 2012 17:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar davenejo  is currently offline davenejo
Go to all my models
A 3D model of a hybrid animal species - A combination of a skunk with the wings and talons of a snowy spotted owl

This 3D model will be used in a mobile game and the character will also be manufactured into a physical sculpture. It should be the shell/mesh without a skeleton (i.e. hollow)

The attached image shows the "hybrid" character mockup, but this doesn't have to exactly replicate the image in that it should be a logical true to life looking model of a skunk + snowy owl hybrid. The final character should have a skunks body with owl wings and owl talons.

It would make sense to have the owl wings springing from the white strips on the skunks back from a "melding" standpoint. Talons/claws from the skunk "paws" should make sense in term of appearance, not just be tacked on.

File Delivery

3D Models - 3DMax files, .OBJ - the colored render as well as the non-colored render of the character

Images of 3D Model - Turnarounds in JPEG - Front, Back, Both Sides, Top

This is something we want to turn around asap

Re: 3D Model of a skunk + owl hybrid [message #56983 is a reply to message #56841 ] Sat, 17 November 2012 02:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
A skowl?

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
Re: 3D Model of a skunk + owl hybrid [message #57044 is a reply to message #56841 ] Mon, 19 November 2012 00:31 UTC Go to previous message
avatar codexehow  is currently offline codexehow
Go to all my models
I strongly suggest having this done in Zbrush. Nothing compares to Zbrush in modelling organic forms.

I can complete the model in a few days, including normal/displacement/specular maps so that you can import the low-poly version into Max.

I'll also provide a decimated, hollow version in .STL format.

www.tommycharlesportfolio.com

Previous Topic:Modeler needed for a lokomotive
Next Topic:Designer Needed for Small Game Pieces..