Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » 3D modeler needed (photo of head to 3D pendant)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3D modeler needed (photo of head to 3D pendant) [message #56944] Fri, 16 November 2012 10:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar kaatjev  is currently offline kaatjev
Go to all my models
Hello,

I need someone to create a 3D Model of a photo of someones head. It has to become a pendant/ bead.

If you can do this, please PM me the price and estimate time needed to make a 3D model. This is because the project has a strict deadline.

Thanks.
Re: 3D modeler needed (photo of head to 3D pendant) [message #57056 is a reply to message #56944 ] Mon, 19 November 2012 03:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ComesToLife  is currently offline ComesToLife
Go to my shop
Since noone replied to you, i want to say that it will be very hard and very expesive. 3k atleast.... If you are ok with it, reply and we will talk.

Custom 3D Art that goes beyond 3D printing
www.InteractiveIdea.net
Re: 3D modeler needed (photo of head to 3D pendant) [message #57077 is a reply to message #56944 ] Mon, 19 November 2012 09:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Depending on the quality that you need, you could try using 123d Catch, this is free software from Autodesk that can construct 3D models from photographs with a reasonable accuracy:

http://www.123dapp.com/catch

Models usually need some cleaning up before you can get them printed though..

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: 3D modeler needed (photo of head to 3D pendant) [message #57101 is a reply to message #56944 ] Mon, 19 November 2012 17:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar codexehow  is currently offline codexehow
Go to all my models
I can make the model in Zbrush. It would take around 2-3 days.

www.tommycharlesportfolio.com
Re: 3D modeler needed (photo of head to 3D pendant) [message #57102 is a reply to message #57077 ] Mon, 19 November 2012 17:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ComesToLife  is currently offline ComesToLife
Go to my shop
No. That won't work. First of all, in order to get the model the user will need to have at least 20 photographs of the person's head he is trying to model shot from all the angles to translate that into a 3D model. Second, the model itself will come out low poly, but smoothed as a lot of details are simply simulated with textures while for printing, they need to exist as a geometry. And lastly, those models come out so broken and incorrect that fixing them is almost as time consuming as making them from scratch.

So, its a good idea behind the technology, but not yet good enough to work in all the cases especially when it comes to 3D printing.

Custom 3D Art that goes beyond 3D printing
www.InteractiveIdea.net
Re: 3D modeler needed (photo of head to 3D pendant) [message #57116 is a reply to message #56944 ] Mon, 19 November 2012 20:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Check out your PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: 3D modeler needed (photo of head to 3D pendant) [message #57117 is a reply to message #57102 ] Mon, 19 November 2012 21:13 UTC Go to previous message
avatar codexehow  is currently offline codexehow
Go to all my models
Agreed. A good digital sculptor could do this with 2-4 hi res photos. Automated tools will never compare.

www.tommycharlesportfolio.com

Previous Topic:Designer Needed for Small Game Pieces..
Next Topic:Modeler needed for architectural reproduction

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.