Home » Developers » Shapeways API » OBJ files?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
OBJ files? [message #56174] Mon, 29 October 2012 16:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar bsabiston  is currently offline bsabiston
Go to all my models
Hi, I developed an iOS app for modeling and printing objects. Right now it uploads OBJ files ( to another company), with the colors defined by MTL files. Can you not do this with Shapeways?

It seems like it would be a natural format to support, as it's widely used and simple.

Thanks
Bob
Re: OBJ files? [message #56189 is a reply to message #56174 ] Mon, 29 October 2012 21:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar hans.lambermont  is currently offline hans.lambermont
Go to all my models
I work here
OBJ is supported, see also the list at http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/supported-applications

Enjoy Smile
Re: OBJ files? [message #56192 is a reply to message #56189 ] Mon, 29 October 2012 22:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Is the MTL color file supported, or can you only do single-color OBJ? I know earlier this year it was not possible to upload OBJ with MTL to specify the colors of the polygon faces. But maybe things have changed. Do you know?
Thanks
Bob
Re: OBJ files? [message #56197 is a reply to message #56192 ] Mon, 29 October 2012 22:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar hans.lambermont  is currently offline hans.lambermont
Go to all my models
I work here
The MTL addition to OBJ is indeed not supported. Please use x3d or wrl for color files instead.
regards,
-- Hans
Re: OBJ files? [message #56614 is a reply to message #56197 ] Sat, 10 November 2012 17:23 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
How about supporting MTL? It is the easiest file format out there.

If not, can anyone point me to a clear definition of those other formats that are supported?

Thanks
Bob

Previous Topic:string(27) "Error Fetching http headers" -- ??
Next Topic:getModelPrice