Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Model of cabin needed for custom snow globe
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Model of cabin needed for custom snow globe [message #56119] Sun, 28 October 2012 19:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar mikemarschke  is currently offline mikemarschke
Go to all my models
Hi,
I want to produce a model of my wife's family's cabin in the woods to insert into a snow globe kit. My wife got the idea from the following blog post:

http://www.qarl.com/qLab/?p=77

We would like to do something very similar to this. My wife took several images of the cabin from different angles. I've played around in Sketchup, and I think I could get the basic shape of the building done pretty well, but the steps beyond that to prepare a file that I can upload to shapeways looks to be beyond my capabilities, or at least the time I have to devote to it to figure it out. We're hoping to be able to give a few of these as Christmas gifts, so I know that's probably already starting to get tight. I'll attach 1 image of the cabin here, and can provide more later.

Please let me know how much it might cost to help produce a final file that can be uploaded to shapeways - and whether you'd rather do it from scratch based on the photos, or if it would be helpful (and possibly save me a bit of money) if I provide a Sketchup file of the basic shape of the cabin.

Thanks!
Mike

• Attachment: P1020940.JPG
    (Size: 4.60MB, Downloaded 75 time(s))

Re: Model of cabin needed for custom snow globe [message #56186 is a reply to message #56119 ] Mon, 29 October 2012 20:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar victorrings  is currently offline victorrings
Go to my shop
have you tried 123catch by autodesk? it is a service that will make pretty good 3d model from multiple pictures... they even have an iphone app...

after you get that then one of us modelers can take it and make it print worthy.

chris

my website is online at
http://victorrings.weebly.com/
RINGS GALORE!
Re: Model of cabin needed for custom snow globe [message #56217 is a reply to message #56119 ] Fri, 02 November 2012 05:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Hello Mike, welcome to Shapeways!

I can help you with that, in fact here's a link to an article by an employee at MIT who I helped make a snow globe: Sketchup snow globe from Shapeways.

Do you have the dimensions of the globe kit you're going to use?

Yes, it would be helpful for you to model the house. Email me and we'll go from there - marcus (@) denali3ddesign.com

Regards,

Marcus

Re: Model of cabin needed for custom snow globe [message #56654 is a reply to message #56119 ] Mon, 12 November 2012 01:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar adrianbell101  is currently offline adrianbell101
Go to all my models
I am a professional 3d modeler with over 2 years experience making 3d recreations and original models if your interested in hiring me for this job if its still available please email me at adrianbell101@gmail.com.

Here is my Demo: bigbellmodeling.com

I look forward to hearing from you

Adrian Bell

Re: Model of cabin needed for custom snow globe [message #56694 is a reply to message #56654 ] Mon, 12 November 2012 14:39 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mikemarschke  is currently offline mikemarschke
Go to all my models
Hi,
Thanks for your response - but I've already hired someone to complete the model for me.

Thanks!
Mike

Previous Topic:MODELER NEEDED: Pinball Machine Modifications
Next Topic:Modeler needed for ring-making

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.