Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Nearly right is not enough.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Nearly right is not enough. [message #54245] Wed, 19 September 2012 12:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar norm24  is currently offline norm24
Go to my shop
Even if the end result is correct again should the subtotals to be correct.

index.php?t=getfile&id=20696&private=0

• Attachment: Temp.jpg
    (Size: 12.62KB, Downloaded 178 time(s))

Re: Nearly right is not enough. [message #54299 is a reply to message #54245 ] Thu, 20 September 2012 16:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi norm,

The subtotal is just for display for you. It is not a figure we use in accounting, we just display it on the invoice to make the invoice easy to read.

In accounting, we NEVER actually subtotal the amounts as this can lead to rounding errors.

We round once, at the end, so as not to overcharge you for the currency conversion.

If you think it would be clearer, I am happy to post the exact numbers too - but since it is your data, I am more than happy to do it via PM rather than on the public forum.

I hope this explains it!

Best,
Natalia

[Updated on: Thu, 20 September 2012 18:46 UTC]

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: Nearly right is not enough. [message #54329 is a reply to message #54299 ] Fri, 21 September 2012 09:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar norm24  is currently offline norm24
Go to my shop
Hi Natalia

The invoice must always vote. Every single item has to be based on commercial principles to be rounded. These rounded values ​​are then added. For the commercial seller that is very important.

index.php?t=getfile&id=20748&private=0

Best,
Detlev

• Attachment: Temp.jpg
    (Size: 22.78KB, Downloaded 115 time(s))

Re: Nearly right is not enough. [message #54333 is a reply to message #54329 ] Fri, 21 September 2012 12:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
norm24 wrote on Fri, 21 September 2012 09:48

The invoice must always vote.
Detlev

Just to help avoid any confusion. I suspect that "Vote" here is a mistranslation of the German "Stimmen", which can mean either "be correct" or "vote", depending on context. "Be correct" would be the proper translation here.

Greetings
Dragoman

Re: Nearly right is not enough. [message #54446 is a reply to message #54333 ] Mon, 24 September 2012 14:34 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Norm24, I PM'd you further details.

Best,
Natalia

Shapeways Community Manager

Previous Topic:Prompting for second login on Parts Database
Next Topic:Pending Sales oddity

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.