Home » Community » It arrived! » It arrived! Guidelines
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
It arrived! Guidelines [message #51492] Tue, 17 July 2012 19:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
You got a box from Shapeways, now what? Open it, take some pictures and share them with us! Let us know what it is and what it does. This section is to share your excitement!

If you made it and want to share the story, a better place to do that is the Feature This section. Is it an invention? A personal memento? A clever design? You can tell us the exciting story there.

Please note, your item does not have to be in the featured section to be featured, we look here too for designs to feature on Friday Finds, the blog and designer spotlights. So no need to double post.

Thanks,
Natalia and Mike

[Updated on: Wed, 19 December 2012 14:36 UTC]

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: It arrived! Guidelines [message #58888 is a reply to message #51492 ] Wed, 19 December 2012 14:19 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Pictures Pictures Pictures!

Some browsers like to fly in, and see what you have printed. If you don't have your item right there, they sometimes fly on to the next one without checking out your wonderful item. So include a picture, and make it part of your post!

Method 1: Upload your image to the post. After you hit upload, the page will refresh. And your file will be listed with a link to "Insert image into message body". Bam! code auto generated to include your image
index.php?t=getfile&id=24543&private=0

Method 2: Insert an already uploaded image. So you have your item already view-able to the public, and have your images uploaded there? Right click the image on the public page and click "Copy image URL". Now click this button in the formatting tools http://www.shapeways.com/forum/theme/default/images/b_image.gif and paste the URL into the box. Yet again the code is auto generated to include the image into your post!

Now you have a pretty image for forum browsers to see!

Please note that for each example I used the Method described Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 19 December 2012 14:33 UTC]

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Mushroom Earrings
Next Topic:Show your collection!