Home » Community » Co-Creator Feedback » HELP!! Accident Happened
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
HELP!! Accident Happened [message #27218] Tue, 10 May 2011 04:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar Mechanoid  is currently offline Mechanoid
Go to my shop
When uploading corrections to a model, I accidently hit
the "GO" button that turned Co-Creator ON. How do I turn
that off?

Yes I'm a rookie. Don't throw me to the lions. LOL

Thanks

I.D.I.C. = Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations
Re: HELP!! Accident Happened [message #27266 is a reply to message #27218 ] Tue, 10 May 2011 18:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
As long as you don't publish the co-creator, no one will see it as a co-creator. If you do, then all you have to do is unpublish it.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: HELP!! Accident Happened [message #27268 is a reply to message #27266 ] Tue, 10 May 2011 19:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Mechanoid  is currently offline Mechanoid
Go to my shop
Thank You, So basically as long as I keep it hidden, then
I don't have to worry. Ok. That works.

Thank You.

I.D.I.C. = Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations
Re: HELP!! Accident Happened [message #41183 is a reply to message #27266 ] Wed, 04 January 2012 12:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
Hello

The same accident has happened to me, I have several models that are marked as co-creator.

Example:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/341421/1_300_focke_wulf_fw187 .html?gid=ug

However, they are not intended to be modifiable, I just want to sell one fixed design.

Youknowwho4eva wrote on Tue, 10 May 2011 18:30

As long as you don't publish the co-creator, no one will see it as a co-creator. If you do, then all you have to do is unpublish it.

What does "publish co-creator" mean here? Publish the model for sale in the shop? Or is there a separate function "publish co-creator" for a model?

Is there a way to reset the "Co-creator" tag?

I would like to sell those models, but not as Co-creators, just one fixed model.

Greetings
Karl Heinz
Re: HELP!! Accident Happened [message #41188 is a reply to message #27218 ] Wed, 04 January 2012 13:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
When you hit the Go for Co-Creator you have to set up the customizable fields and click a publish button for it to be active as a Co-Creator.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
Re: HELP!! Accident Happened [message #41199 is a reply to message #41188 ] Wed, 04 January 2012 16:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
Thanks for the quick answer.

Pardon my insisting. Maybe I am temporarily dumb, but I don't get your explanation.

Where is the "Go" button for Co-creator that you mention?

When I go into the page of a model, and set "Edit page" to "ON", I see a link "Edit this Co-Creator" (or "Make this model a Co-Creator") in the lower left corner. I guess that's what you call the "Go" ?

When I click that, I get a pop-up where I can enter the co-creator information. That has a button "Save Template Details", but nothing that says "Publish"?

And, as I asked before, is there a way to reset this "Co-creator" status of a model? I don't want this.

Greetings
Karl Heinz
Re: HELP!! Accident Happened [message #41206 is a reply to message #27218 ] Wed, 04 January 2012 16:42 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Karl,

My apologies, it has changed since this thread started, and since the last time I created a Co-Creator. It used to say something like Want to make this a Co-Creator and it had a button that said "Go". That is now the link you are referring too. Then when you had you pop-up for the Co-Creator, you had to hit a button that said "Publish", and if it wasn't published, it couldn't be ordered as a Co-Creator. Unless it has changed, once an item is a "Co-Creator" it can't just be turned off. You could try emailing service@shapeways.com to see if they can turn it off.

Previous Topic:Instant Co Create through API
Next Topic:Can't scroll Co-Creator Template

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.