Is there a limit on how much you can order?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by 135534_deleted, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Hello

Are you still allowed to have multiple models joined by a strut, in WSF?

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Shapeways still prints my chainmalle - sometimes 600+ individual parts all interlaced ;) and they print my 'multi model' setups where I combine 3, 5 or more different models into one file with the parts all laced up with a string, so I should think that there'd be no issue ordering one model comprising of many 'parts' on a sprue, as the many parts and sprue will all be combined into one mesh/shell at upload and become technically one model.

3. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    This answer depends on what material you use. In Sandstone, we do not recommend struts as they will likely break during production.

With WSF struts are okay, and indeed the more tightly packed the better. Multiple parts in 1 STL for SLS is also fine, sometime it will give our planners more freedom in planning.

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Natalia,

The pdb's question is realated to WSF, so no 'depending which material you use', your reply may lead to un-needed questions about what can be sprued when the information is already out there.

Struts are maybe a part of a model, like as in struts joining upper and lower wing on a biplane, so, yes those struts are totally viable within the realms of a single model, bars/beams/struts that join parts of a model or multiple models as one model file may be called sprues and likewise are all part of the single model presented for printing.

And, as well, please don't try to confuse WSF with SLS as they're both the same process. (this may lead to un-needed questions in the forum, when the answers are already on the material page)

Paul