Home » Support » Buying » Is there a limit on how much you can order?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Is there a limit on how much you can order? [message #50280] Sat, 23 June 2012 17:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar pdb  is currently offline pdb
Go to all my models
Hello

Are you still allowed to have multiple models joined by a strut, in WSF?

boop
Re: Is there a limit on how much you can order? [message #50456 is a reply to message #50280 ] Wed, 27 June 2012 15:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways still prints my chainmalle - sometimes 600+ individual parts all interlaced Wink and they print my 'multi model' setups where I combine 3, 5 or more different models into one file with the parts all laced up with a string, so I should think that there'd be no issue ordering one model comprising of many 'parts' on a sprue, as the many parts and sprue will all be combined into one mesh/shell at upload and become technically one model.

Re: Is there a limit on how much you can order? [message #50617 is a reply to message #50280 ] Fri, 29 June 2012 19:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
This answer depends on what material you use. In Sandstone, we do not recommend struts as they will likely break during production.

With WSF struts are okay, and indeed the more tightly packed the better. Multiple parts in 1 STL for SLS is also fine, sometime it will give our planners more freedom in planning.

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: Is there a limit on how much you can order? [message #50623 is a reply to message #50617 ] Fri, 29 June 2012 20:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Natalia,

The pdb's question is realated to WSF, so no 'depending which material you use', your reply may lead to un-needed questions about what can be sprued when the information is already out there.

Struts are maybe a part of a model, like as in struts joining upper and lower wing on a biplane, so, yes those struts are totally viable within the realms of a single model, bars/beams/struts that join parts of a model or multiple models as one model file may be called sprues and likewise are all part of the single model presented for printing.

And, as well, please don't try to confuse WSF with SLS as they're both the same process. (this may lead to un-needed questions in the forum, when the answers are already on the material page)

Paul

Previous Topic:order 126090 cancelled
Next Topic:order status still in production

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.