Biomimicry Shoe

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by 24776_deleted, Jun 21, 2012.

1. 24776_deleted
    24776_deleted Member
    Hi Shapies,

Product Design Portfolio Reduced_Page_1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  2. 24776_deleted
    24776_deleted Member
  3. 24776_deleted
    24776_deleted Member
  4. arklan
    arklan Member
    that is awesome.

5. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Great work!! :nod:

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Why is this a work in progress? Looks great to me!

7. 24776_deleted
    24776_deleted Member
    Thank you

8. 24776_deleted
    24776_deleted Member
    This is work in progress because we are trying to manufacture it in comfortable materials. Although 3D-printing can be used for the buttom portion, the top half needs more flexibility and a soft contact with the skin. Yes, as a sculpture this is done, but as a shoe it needs more investigation.

Thank you for the kind words by the way,

9. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    What about black elasto plastic?

10. 24776_deleted
    24776_deleted Member
    I recently had something made in that material, and I was not to pleased with the outcome. Don't get me wrong, it has a lot of potential, but the surface looks a bit cracked, and it just doesn't feel ready. Perhaphs after a few iterations it could get better. The polished wsf would work for the buttom, but even that is pretty porous and it gets dirty under the surface, which I am noticing with my iphone cases.

Marieka and I have spend many months working on this project, and we want to push it all the way to final production. Extremely high start up costs are holding us back a little, but I think that we should give it our best and move it as fast as possible, before it becomes an old idea. I feel like time these days moves x10, and before you know it, 1000 other great ideas make our old ones look like a rookie projects. And I am not even getting into paramaterick/algorythmic modeling, which makes my methods feel like carving on stone

11. 24776_deleted
    24776_deleted Member
    Hi shapies,

Marieka and I are working hard towards a fully wearable pair of these, so keep on the look out!!!