Contacting a customer?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by 135534_deleted, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Heya

So all of a sudden i sold 3 items, great news:

One of the items has a had a bit of a bad review:

really smart, nice idea, but doesn't make a great case. It's very loose fitting and the cutouts in the back get caught on everything.
    Flag as inappropriate
    2012-06-19 17:23:54 by mikelite

Is there anyway i contact the customer so i can offer him an updated design at my expense ? Plus i would like photo's as I dont have any fitting issues with my test prints.
    I dont have a mark-up on my items so the sale doesnt appear in my shop.

Thanks

2. Since you know his username:

"Private Messaging" --> "New Message"

... and copy his username into the "To:" input form.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  3. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi Piers!

You can add a comment below his asking for photos, and you can certainly always order your own designs.

Definitely consider adding a markup to your designs! You took the time to design your products and open a shop, you should be rewarded so you can keep designing!

Check out our Shop Owner tips for some helpful ideas:
    https://www.shapeways.com/betashops/how_to_promote_your_shop

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    hi Natalia,

Do commetors get notified of comments on a model after they've commented?

Cheers,
    Paul

5. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Yes they do!

If someone leaves a comment on your model, you get emailed an automatic notification so you can respond if necessary.

6. stop4stuff
    Yes, that is right, however, once the commentor has left a comment on a designer's model, does the commentor get a notification once the designer replies?

To ask in a different way, if I leave a comment on pbd's models, will I get a reply when pbd replies?

Cheers,
    Paul

7. I can confirm that the commentor does not get a notification if the designer replies with another comment.

8. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Beat me to it!

Indeed. We only notify the designer, not the commentator.

Ideally, if you had started a conversation (as a commentator) you'd want to check to see if it was still going!

9. stop4stuff
    I know I should put this up on UserVioce, however as this topic is here, could a 2 way communication feedback system be implimented so that designers and customers could have a raport to resolve any issues, and/or the opportunity for a designer to point the customer in the right direction for a damaged/mis-printed model?

10. Same in the forum, pos ? ;)

As long as it's (also) possible to send the commentator a PM, it's not really a problem.
    But since we can get notifications about almost everything (if we want)...

At least it should be easier to contact other Shapies.
    We have a "Send Message" button on the shop page, but not on the user details page.
    ( shapeways.com/designer/UserName )

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  11. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Would it be feasible to make the name of the commenter a pm link ?
    To save us the trouble of going to the forum and copy paste the name to send a pm in reply to a comment/query?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  12. Well, yes...
    But I would prefer a pm link on the user details page.

The commentator's profile image is linked to this page, and hey, one mouse-click more or less...

13. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Oops missed both your last post and the fact the avatar was a link to the user page :-S

tgif ;)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012