Home » Support » Buying » Contacting a customer?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Contacting a customer? [message #50149] Thu, 21 June 2012 13:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar pdb  is currently offline pdb
Go to all my models
Heya

So all of a sudden i sold 3 items, great news:

One of the items has a had a bit of a bad review:

really smart, nice idea, but doesn't make a great case. It's very loose fitting and the cutouts in the back get caught on everything.
Flag as inappropriate
2012-06-19 17:23:54 by mikelite

Is there anyway i contact the customer so i can offer him an updated design at my expense ? Plus i would like photo's as I dont have any fitting issues with my test prints.
I dont have a mark-up on my items so the sale doesnt appear in my shop.

Thanks

boop
Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50150 is a reply to message #50149 ] Thu, 21 June 2012 13:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
Since you know his username:

"Private Messaging" --> "New Message"

... and copy his username into the "To:" input form.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 June 2012 13:50 UTC]

Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50158 is a reply to message #50149 ] Thu, 21 June 2012 19:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia is currently online natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Piers!

You can add a comment below his asking for photos, and you can certainly always order your own designs.

Definitely consider adding a markup to your designs! You took the time to design your products and open a shop, you should be rewarded so you can keep designing!

Check out our Shop Owner tips for some helpful ideas:
http://www.shapeways.com/betashops/how_to_promote_your_shop

Community Manager | Shapeways
Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50164 is a reply to message #50158 ] Thu, 21 June 2012 20:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
hi Natalia,

Do commetors get notified of comments on a model after they've commented?

Cheers,
Paul
Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50209 is a reply to message #50149 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 16:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Yes they do!

If someone leaves a comment on your model, you get emailed an automatic notification so you can respond if necessary.

Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50217 is a reply to message #50209 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 18:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
natalia wrote on Fri, 22 June 2012 16:53

Yes they do!

If someone leaves a comment on your model, you get emailed an automatic notification so you can respond if necessary.

Yes, that is right, however, once the commentor has left a comment on a designer's model, does the commentor get a notification once the designer replies?

To ask in a different way, if I leave a comment on pbd's models, will I get a reply when pbd replies?

Cheers,
Paul
Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50220 is a reply to message #50217 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 19:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Fri, 22 June 2012 18:23

once the commentor has left a comment on a designer's model, does the commentor get a notification once the designer replies?

I can confirm that the commentor does not get a notification if the designer replies with another comment.
Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50221 is a reply to message #50149 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 19:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Beat me to it!

Indeed. We only notify the designer, not the commentator.

Ideally, if you had started a conversation (as a commentator) you'd want to check to see if it was still going!

Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50227 is a reply to message #50221 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 19:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I know I should put this up on UserVioce, however as this topic is here, could a 2 way communication feedback system be implimented so that designers and customers could have a raport to resolve any issues, and/or the opportunity for a designer to point the customer in the right direction for a damaged/mis-printed model?

Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50229 is a reply to message #50221 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 19:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
natalia wrote on Fri, 22 June 2012 19:14

Ideally, if you had started a conversation (as a commentator) you'd want to check to see if it was still going!

Same in the forum, pos ? Wink

As long as it's (also) possible to send the commentator a PM, it's not really a problem.
But since we can get notifications about almost everything (if we want)...

At least it should be easier to contact other Shapies.
We have a "Send Message" button on the shop page, but not on the user details page.
( shapeways.com/designer/UserName )

[Updated on: Sat, 30 June 2012 20:43 UTC]

Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50232 is a reply to message #50149 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 20:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Would it be feasible to make the name of the commenter a pm link ?
To save us the trouble of going to the forum and copy paste the name to send a pm in reply to a comment/query?

[Updated on: Fri, 22 June 2012 20:15 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50234 is a reply to message #50232 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 21:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Well, yes...
But I would prefer a pm link on the user details page.

The commentator's profile image is linked to this page, and hey, one mouse-click more or less...
Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50236 is a reply to message #50149 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 21:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Oops missed both your last post and the fact the avatar was a link to the user page :-S

tgif Wink

[Updated on: Fri, 22 June 2012 21:12 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -

Previous Topic:Can I turn off my computer while my upload is being processed
Next Topic:order 126090 cancelled