Home » Support » Buying » Apparently i sold something?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Apparently i sold something? [message #50020] Tue, 19 June 2012 16:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar pdb  is currently offline pdb
Go to all my models
According to an email i received. One of my models has been bought.

Nothing is showing up on my shop.

Is this a mistake?

boop
Re: Apparently i sold something? [message #50026 is a reply to message #50020 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 16:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi!

What kind of email did you get?
Did it include an attachment?
Does it show on : http://www.shapeways.com/mysales ?

Cheers,

Stijn

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Apparently i sold something? [message #50027 is a reply to message #50020 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 16:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Did you check out your My Sales page?

Ninja'd by virtox Crying or Very Sad

[Updated on: Tue, 19 June 2012 16:55 UTC]

Re: Apparently i sold something? [message #50039 is a reply to message #50020 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 18:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Heres what i recieve:

Hi,

The model (Model #512133) that someone ordered from your Shop is now being placed in a snug UPS box and is going to start its journey around the world to your customer!
We thought you would like to know the status of your 3D printed physical version of your wonderful design!

Kind regards,

The Shapeways Service Team
Ralph, Maartje, Kevin, Christel, Joost, Michon, Mitchell and Gary
service@shapeways.com

Shapeways
Passionate about creating
www.shapeways.com

nope, nothing showing up on mysales, No attachments either, just that number?

Thanks for replying

boop
Re: Apparently i sold something? [message #50040 is a reply to message #50039 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 19:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yes, that's the email that shows the model ordered (either by you or someone else) has been shipped... but what does your http://www.shapeways.com/mysales page say? - just click the link and it will take you to your model sales when you are logged in on your account.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 June 2012 19:03 UTC]

Re: Apparently i sold something? [message #50042 is a reply to message #50039 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 19:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
That message indicates a product being shipped, so you would be looking for a sale from a while back.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 June 2012 19:13 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Apparently i sold something? [message #50043 is a reply to message #50020 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 19:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar VeryWetPaint  is currently offline VeryWetPaint
Go to my shop
Do you have any models with $0.00 or €0.00 markup?

In my experience, sales don't show up in the sales report if a model doesn't have any price markup.
Re: Apparently i sold something? [message #50046 is a reply to message #50043 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 20:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
VeryWetPaint is entirely correct. If the model/material combination that the buyer selected had $0 markup.. it's not (currently) listed in the shop sales at all. If you WANT no markup, but want to track sales, you'll have to put at least $0.01 markup on each item.

Checking all of your current markups, as well as updating them all can be done easily with the CSV markup wizard. - but.. it won't change OLD sales that were at $0.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Apparently i sold something? [message #50047 is a reply to message #50020 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 20:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Ahh thats probably it.

I dont have a mark up.

ill change it to 10p just so i can see the sales.

Thx

boop
Re: Apparently i sold something? [message #50050 is a reply to message #50047 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 20:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Within the email will be a model number - construct a url in notepad etc, with the format www.shapeways.com/model/*model number*/ and you can find out what model it was.

imo, all model sales with or without markup should be reported
Re: Apparently i sold something? [message #54161 is a reply to message #50047 ] Mon, 17 September 2012 12:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Salorian  is currently offline Salorian
Go to all my models
pdb wrote on Tue, 19 June 2012 20:11

Ahh thats probably it.

I dont have a mark up.

Thx

I had the same experience with my shop - the "markup procedure" is soooo awkward (uploading excel etc.) , I deleted my shop right away.
We fly to Mars, get an iphone5, which has more computing power than the whole Apollo13 mission - but here I have no chance to conveniently add my markup per model online but in Excel ... Rolling Eyes

Leave your EGO behind and the universe will open up ....
Re: Apparently i sold something? [message #54164 is a reply to message #54161 ] Mon, 17 September 2012 13:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Salorian wrote on Mon, 17 September 2012 12:56

pdb wrote on Tue, 19 June 2012 20:11

Ahh thats probably it.

I dont have a mark up.

Thx

I had the same experience with my shop - the "markup procedure" is soooo awkward (uploading excel etc.) , I deleted my shop right away.
We fly to Mars, get an iphone5, which has more computing power than the whole Apollo13 mission - but here I have no chance to conveniently add my markup per model online but in Excel ... Rolling Eyes

Have you tried editing your markup by going through your models in edit mode? You can add/edit your markups by item by material on the site (no excel required).

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Apparently i sold something? [message #54165 is a reply to message #54164 ] Mon, 17 September 2012 13:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Salorian  is currently offline Salorian
Go to all my models
I will give it a try, thanks for the hint. But I remember, that I tested the shop for about an hour or so, did not figure out an easy way for this markup stuff.
Thanks
Heinz

Leave your EGO behind and the universe will open up ....
Re: Apparently i sold something? [message #54478 is a reply to message #50020 ] Tue, 25 September 2012 14:36 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
It is not obvious that you can edit them in this way, in edit mode, they markups look like links, but they are editable.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Very unprofessional shipping & packaging ...
Next Topic:Are orders shipped from the USA or Netherlands?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.