Apparently i sold something?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by 135534_deleted, Jun 19, 2012.

1. According to an email i received. One of my models has been bought.

Nothing is showing up on my shop.

Is this a mistake?

2. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
  3. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Did you check out your My Sales page?

Ninja'd by virtox :cry:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  4. Heres what i recieve:

Hi,

The model (Model #512133) that someone ordered from your Shop is now being placed in a snug UPS box and is going to start its journey around the world to your customer!
    We thought you would like to know the status of your 3D printed physical version of your wonderful design!

Kind regards,

The Shapeways Service Team
    Ralph, Maartje, Kevin, Christel, Joost, Michon, Mitchell and Gary
    service@shapeways.com

Shapeways
    Passionate about creating
    www.shapeways.com

nope, nothing showing up on mysales, No attachments either, just that number?

Thanks for replying

5. stop4stuff
    Yes, that's the email that shows the model ordered (either by you or someone else) has been shipped... but what does your https://www.shapeways.com/mysales page say? - just click the link and it will take you to your model sales when you are logged in on your account.

6. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    That message indicates a product being shipped, so you would be looking for a sale from a while back.

7. VeryWetPaint
    VeryWetPaint Member
    Do you have any models with $0.00 or €0.00 markup?

In my experience, sales don't show up in the sales report if a model doesn't have any price markup.

8. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    VeryWetPaint is entirely correct. If the model/material combination that the buyer selected had $0 markup.. it's not (currently) listed in the shop sales at all. If you WANT no markup, but want to track sales, you'll have to put at least $0.01 markup on each item.

Checking all of your current markups, as well as updating them all can be done easily with the CSV markup wizard. - but.. it won't change OLD sales that were at $0.

9. Ahh thats probably it.

I dont have a mark up.

ill change it to 10p just so i can see the sales.

Thx

10. stop4stuff
    Within the email will be a model number - construct a url in notepad etc, with the format www.shapeways.com/model/*model number*/ and you can find out what model it was.

imo, all model sales with or without markup should be reported

11. I had the same experience with my shop - the "markup procedure" is soooo awkward (uploading excel etc.) , I deleted my shop right away.
    We fly to Mars, get an iphone5, which has more computing power than the whole Apollo13 mission - but here I have no chance to conveniently add my markup per model online but in Excel ... :rolleyes:

12. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Have you tried editing your markup by going through your models in edit mode? You can add/edit your markups by item by material on the site (no excel required).

13. I will give it a try, thanks for the hint. But I remember, that I tested the shop for about an hour or so, did not figure out an easy way for this markup stuff.
    Thanks
    Heinz

14. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    It is not obvious that you can edit them in this way, in edit mode, they markups look like links, but they are editable.