|Feature This Guidelines [message #49977] Mon, 18 June 2012 19:28 UTC
This is your chance to get noticed, or to give other designers some attention for awesome 3D printed items. Here are some things to consider when posting here. These are all optional (except number 1), but will make your item easier to feature. Remember this section is to share why your item should be featured. Of course your item is cool! You designed it, modeled it, fixed it, modified it, made it perfect! But what makes it special is the story of how it came into existence. A picture is great, but doesn't tell us the importance of the item.|
1) To be featured the item MUST have been produced. We don't want to feature something, then find out it's not possible to produce. So have a picture of the final product and let us know what material it's printed in.
2) Include a link to the items page, and any links to the shop from which the item is available, website (relevant to the items Shapeways Shop and or item), and any other links.
3) Tell us the story! What makes the item special? Why should it be featured? If you are the designer, where'd the idea come from? If you're not the designer, how'd you find the item? What do you like about it?
4) Your experience with designing and ordering the item. We always love a pat on the back, but we also want to know what we could have done to make things easier.
5) Any credits. Who helped you the most? Did you use someone else's model as a base file? Did you find a particular post that helped you get your creation made?
We check this section to find designs to feature on Friday Finds, on the blog, our weekly 'Designer Spotlight' post, and to give to press. So please do show us what you are making! Your designs are what makes Shapeways an exciting place and we love to spread the excitement!
If you have any questions about any of these feel free to email Community Manager Natalia Krasnodebska or myself Mike
NEW FEATURE! The new @mentions are a quick way to alert us to a cool new product you want us to feature. Mention @aimeemoyer our merchandizer and tell her why we should feature your product on the site!
[Updated on: Wed, 08 October 2014 18:43 UTC] by Moderator
I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
email@example.com Community Advocate