Hello and HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 185922_deleted, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Hello,

I am trying to get a program that will let me upload full color sculptures and things on here. I have tried to take a 3D model from Sculptris import it into MeshLab and try exporting it that way, but it's still not coming out in color. Is there anything special I need to know that will make this work?

Is there some way to get a VRML79 or .x3d file out of Sculptris?

Also if anyone knows how to take a .JPG or .PNG file and load it into a 3D program to (obviously) 3D it. I would LOVE to here about it!

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Hi,

Welcome to Shapeways! :)

In Scupltris, you can use the paint function, then export as .obj, import into MeshLab, then export as VRML97

or

Export the .obj from Sculptris, import into MeshLab, then use MeshLab's zpainting followed by exporting as VRML97

or

Export the .obj from Sculptris, import into Wings3D for UV mapping - this is sketchy and can get frustrating when Wings3D crashes - I forget if Wings3D can export as VRML97, however MeshLab will import a UV mapped .obj for VRML97 export

It may also be worth looking at Blender to see what that can do.

Paul

3. Thank you so much for helping me Paul! :)

I actually figured it out yesturday.

I did try some of the things you suggested though and they didn't work for me. I ended up saving and painting the sculpture in .WRL and zipping a .JPG and the .WRL and loading it that way.

Thank you for the Welcome!

Sincerely, ASC