Hello, I'm Pete.

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 176136_deleted, Jun 12, 2012.

1. My name is Pete. I work for machinery supplier Emco based in the UK (we sell 3D printers for industrial purposes along with other machine tools).

Some who follow the 3D printing world of blogging and Twitter may already know me as @3dprintpete who runs the blog 3D Printing Is Cool (It's a Tumblr microblog which has had a few reposts from the Shapeways Tumblr if any of you follow it).

I had been meaning to sign up here for a while as I love what Shapeways are doing, love the developments in design/materials and just wanted to have a closer eye in!

Seeing as I mainly work in supplying 3d machinery and have little experience in CAD I'm mainly here to listen and learn.

But nice to meet you all, feel free to follow me on Twitter, I'm always open to a discussion about anything tech based to general chit chat!

Pete.

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Hi Pete,

Welcome to Shapeways! :)

You're just down the road from me, ~15 miles or so. If you ever feel the need to check out what Shapeways materials are like 'in the flesh', I'd be happy to oblige.

Cheers,
    Paul

3. Oh whereabouts?

I am hoping to order something soon, just not completely sure what just quite yet. The iPod Nano headphone necklace seems most tempting.

What bits do you have at home?

4. stop4stuff
    I'm just off J7 M27, in West End, and I have models made in all of the materials except ceramic and the coloured S & F, although next week I should have both Red & Purple Strong and Flexible models coming in my order.

5. Just down the road indeed then! What models did you order with the flexible materials out of curiosity?

6. stop4stuff
    My latest order should contain, a WSF, a Purple and a Red S&F Three Phase bracelet and a Red S&F Three Phase pendant which I was hoping would arrive in time for my wife's birthday tomorrow, but sadly there's been a few issues with S&F prints and the order is delayed a touch - asides from those, all of the models in my shop with images of WSF models live in a box (or 3) these days.