Home » Community » It arrived! » Kaleidoscope Clock
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Kaleidoscope Clock [message #49645] Mon, 11 June 2012 01:34 UTC Go to next message
avatar ceramicwombat  is currently offline ceramicwombat
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=17574&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=17575&private=0

A while back I decided I needed a wall clock and decided to make one through Shapeways. Rather than have it printed as a single piece, I took advantage of the different Strong & Flexible materials to make a model with contrasting colors.

The frame is the first part of the model (the purple in the photos above and black in the photos below) and is at Kaleidoscope Clock - Part A. The background, numbers, and hands (the white in the photos above and red in the photos below) are a single sprued model at Kaleidoscope Clock - Part B. The two models are designed for a specific clock mechanism available here. Assembly instructions are on the model pages.

I gave the purple and white version away and have a place in my house for the black and red version, but I am looking forward to Shapeways' next seasonal color rotation so I can try other color combinations.

index.php?t=getfile&id=17576&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=17577&private=0

Re: Kaleidoscope Clock [message #49646 is a reply to message #49645 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 02:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WillLaPuerta  is currently offline WillLaPuerta
Go to my shop
I like it. Think the red and black is my favorite combo.

"I am just a humble servant with a message here for you" Reaper Media on Facebook
Re: Kaleidoscope Clock [message #49660 is a reply to message #49645 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 13:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I love it! instead of waiting for more colors, start dyeing your own!

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Kaleidoscope Clock [message #49877 is a reply to message #49645 ] Fri, 15 June 2012 17:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar carine  is currently offline carine
Go to all my models
I work here
This is beautiful!

Director of Marketing, Shapeways
Re: Kaleidoscope Clock [message #49895 is a reply to message #49877 ] Fri, 15 June 2012 20:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar carine  is currently offline carine
Go to all my models
I work here
Congrats! You've been Friday Found Smile

http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/1439-Friday-Finds-3D- Printed-Designs-From-the-Shapeways-Community.html

Director of Marketing, Shapeways

Previous Topic:Emotional Robots
Next Topic:Snake Eating Tail Pendant / Earrings

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.