3D Modeler Needed for 1:18 Scale Replica Vehicle, Plastic Model Kit

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 178337_deleted, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Hello Modelers!

I am looking for a professional, (or experienced) modeler who is able and willing to build a model car kit of a specific vehicle, 2008-09 Pontiac G8 GT. My end goal is a DIY Model car kit which you can find on any shelf at a hobby/toy store with model airplanes and cars and such. The kit would entail the entire vehicle at 1:18 (possibly 1:24) scale where all parts are plastic and connected to cages where a buyer removes the parts, paints and glues all parts together to make the vehicle. Detail is high, yet the "look" is only as far as eye can see, interior and exterior, and "extreme" detail is not desire (such as steering wheel buttons, or gauges behind steering wheel.

I understand this is a large order, and I simply need to know if 1) you are able and willing, and 2) a rough estimate of what this would cost (which includes an estimate on how long to complete). I have multiple interested parties, so a couple thousand dollar job is completely doable, I just need to know so I can plan with the additional buyers.

I also can gain access and provide a 3D design of this vehicle if required, which may assist in building the parts for the 3D printable design. However, as informed via members, I understand the 3D design may not be "watertight" and may require additional rendering to become printable. Yet if the 3D design provided upfront saves time, then that also saves money, which is why I mention it.

I hope this desire is a possibility and I look forward to working with one of you to make this happen! Thank you!

Troy

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012