Home » Community » Introductions » hello shapeways community
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
hello shapeways community [message #49230] Thu, 31 May 2012 17:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar lifebetatester  is currently offline lifebetatester
Go to all my models
My name is Henry, I am interior and furniture designer actually from London, originally from Slovakia.

I found an interview with Shapeways CEO and Founder Peter Weijmarshausen on designmilk. Actually I am trying to do one off models of my chairs. Well, for first models for studying ergonomics and details. I need to study about materials used for 3d modeling, especially if I can use as a final model for testing mechanical strength.
For modeling I started to use Rhino. I used a few polygon mesh modellers but it is not useful for final models.
If anyone of you have an experience with furniture modeling and 3d printing, I would be happy if you will contact me.

Please have a look at my portfolio:

http://www.hz-design.net
http://www.behance.net/henryzrubec

Henry
Re: hello shapeways community [message #49232 is a reply to message #49230 ] Thu, 31 May 2012 17:19 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Welcome Henry,

I've seen some furniture designs here on shapeways, but I haven't seen much in the form of a final product. The material cost is pretty high for large objects. I have seen furniture printed though, you may want to google 3D printed furniture. And use their designs to get inspiration for starting the furniture trend here.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Hi from Germany
Next Topic:Hello From California

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.