Home » Support » Buying » Can I turn off my computer while my upload is being processed
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Can I turn off my computer while my upload is being processed [message #49156] Tue, 29 May 2012 23:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar Flubber  is currently offline Flubber
Go to all my models
After you hit the upload button, and then you get the "please wait while your upload is being procssed" message do you need to leave your computer on. how do you now when Shapways has revieved the file? This window freezes while this message is up so I am wondering if shapeways has gotten the file and is processing it on their end or maybe it is still uploading?

Thanks
Re: Can I turn off my computer while my upload is being processed [message #49160 is a reply to message #49156 ] Tue, 29 May 2012 23:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Not a good idea, when the model has finished uploading, the page changes. It depends on your upload speed and the filesize as to how long the upload will take.

Re: Can I turn off my computer while my upload is being processed [message #49162 is a reply to message #49160 ] Tue, 29 May 2012 23:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Is there any way to check on the progress of the upload to see what percent has been uploaded, like one of thoes bar graphs you normally see when you download something?
Re: Can I turn off my computer while my upload is being processed [message #49163 is a reply to message #49162 ] Tue, 29 May 2012 23:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
No, you just have to wait. And then you'll wait some more for Shapeways MeshMedic software to check your model's integrity before you'll see the model available for printing.

The way I usually keep track of how long a file should take and actual progress for uploads is by using my modem's diagnostic software.

Re: Can I turn off my computer while my upload is being processed [message #49164 is a reply to message #49162 ] Tue, 29 May 2012 23:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Well my file showed up in my mdels section so it got processed but I still see the being processed message in the window from which I hit the upload button?

What do you think just a computer glitch, and I can shut that window down?

Thanks Flubber
Re: Can I turn off my computer while my upload is being processed [message #49168 is a reply to message #49164 ] Tue, 29 May 2012 23:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yep, just seems like a hiccup.

Re: Can I turn off my computer while my upload is being processed [message #50181 is a reply to message #49156 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 10:04 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pdb  is currently offline pdb
Go to all my models
BTW i normally get a percentage counter that appears at the bottom, left corner of google chrome window.

boop

Previous Topic:Materials sample kit
Next Topic:Contacting a customer?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.