Emotional Robots

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by WillLaPuerta, May 26, 2012.

1. WillLaPuerta
    WillLaPuerta Well-Known Member
    Decided to start a series of simplistic robots that each express a different emotion. I started with the Depressed Robot a couple years ago, but now I've got Angry Robot and Bored Robot. Don't worry, I'll have some more positive emotions once I've settled on their poses.

[​IMG]
    Depressed Robot

[​IMG]
    Angry Robot

[​IMG]
    Bored Robot

I really like the Bored Robot with his test pattern face. I set him up to watch TV with me, or sometimes he watches what I'm doing on the computer:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Are they FCS or painted? the colors look really good on them! awesome concept!

3. WillLaPuerta
    Thanks!

They're WSF. I spray painted them black because I prefer the surface and then dry brushed them with acrylic - all except the test pattern on Lazy Robot. I used markers there because I didn't want to go out and buy more paint. After that I went over them with really diluted brown just to bring the shine of the silver paint down a bit. I wanted them to look a bit dilapidated.

4. 96635_deleted
    96635_deleted Member
    Love em!

5. WillLaPuerta
    Huh, that's funny, when I first posted this I could see the images . . .

6. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    The url changed,

[​IMG]

Works!

the difference being -
    Code:
    New =  https://img1.shapeways.netdna-cdn.com/model/picture/640x476_321015_138845_1338413388.jpg

Original =  https://images.shapeways.co/model/picture/640x476_321015_88151_1338069521.jpg

--> diskapeers before getting covered in awesome sauce ;)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  7. WillLaPuerta
    Thanks! Fixed.

8. 96635_deleted
    96635_deleted Member