Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » Low Poly designs?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Low Poly designs? [message #48890] Fri, 25 May 2012 09:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar MissStabby  is currently offline MissStabby
Go to my shop
recently i have created a few characters for a game project i was working on, so i thought about having them printed.

Though because of that im trying to print the ingame assets directly im having some pretty lowpoly models.

so i was wondering, does anyone have experience with printing lowpoly models and how will those turn out.

will they look as faceted as in the preview or will it smooth out a little. Also what are the options of sanding the models with sandpaper to obtain a smoother look. (probably the WSF material)

here's an example: http://www.shapeways.com/model/583507/45b49dfaea64f329698d2f b7f1fbc76d

[Updated on: Fri, 25 May 2012 10:44 UTC]

Re: Low Poly designs? [message #48929 is a reply to message #48890 ] Fri, 25 May 2012 16:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
MissStabby wrote on Fri, 25 May 2012 09:51

will they look as faceted as in the preview or will it smooth out a little.

Depending on the material it will smooth out a little - but not enough to cloud that the model is THAT low poly.

MissStabby wrote on Fri, 25 May 2012 09:51

Also what are the options of sanding the models with sandpaper to obtain a smoother look. (probably the WSF material)

In my opinion, that's a waste of time
since Shapeways also offers polished WSF.

Previous Topic:Finding extra Shells
Next Topic:Newbie problem hollowing

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.