Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » inverted normals in rhino
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
inverted normals in rhino [message #4498] Tue, 19 May 2009 08:57 UTC Go to next message
avatar VincenziGabriele  is currently offline VincenziGabriele
Go to all my models
i'm having trouble in rhino, shapeways is saying my models normals are inverted and as far as i can see it's not? can any one help?

Re: inverted normals in rhino [message #4503 is a reply to message #4498 ] Tue, 19 May 2009 14:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I looked at your model, there's probably a non-manifold error somewhere. Your model has way too many faces for Shapeways though: it's currently over 1 million while we only support up to 500,000 faces.

You can try reducing the polycount using MeshLab:

http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/226-Polygon-count-red uction-with-MeshLab.html

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: inverted normals in rhino [message #4506 is a reply to message #4503 ] Tue, 19 May 2009 17:19 UTC Go to previous message
avatar VincenziGabriele  is currently offline VincenziGabriele
Go to all my models
Where do I find MeshLab?

Previous Topic:The Return of Non-Manifold Model Issues
Next Topic:Tips on Hollowing High/Z Resolution Meshes

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.