Home » Support » 3D Applications » Polygon Count in Blender
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Polygon Count in Blender [message #48878] Thu, 24 May 2012 21:36 UTC Go to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
index.php?t=getfile&id=17157&private=0
I see the bar above in Blender. Shouldn't this mean I'm well below the 1 mil limit? Yet when I upload SW tells me I'm over the limit. I see the same count in Netfabb. My models under 500,000 are going through but my others aren't. I know SW software adds some polygons but surely not this many?? What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help!

Re: Polygon Count in Blender [message #48879 is a reply to message #48878 ] Thu, 24 May 2012 21:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum is currently online stannum
Go to my shop
Blender is reporting faces (triangles and quads). SW counts raw triangles. Convert everything to triangles (or save and load STL back, for example) and check the Blender number again.
Re: Polygon Count in Blender [message #48885 is a reply to message #48878 ] Fri, 25 May 2012 01:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
Thanks stannum, I always seem to get myself into trouble in Blender. Off to reconfigure, thank you!
Re: Polygon Count in Blender [message #50392 is a reply to message #48885 ] Tue, 26 June 2012 16:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Mswlik  is currently offline Mswlik
Go to my shop
If you need to reduce your face count from there you can use the decimate modifier but you may have to UV map it again

Previous Topic:Printing surfaces from Maple?
Next Topic:Screw threads in models

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.