Home » Community » General Discussion » Zcorp z400 Revival!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Zcorp z400 Revival! [message #48806] Wed, 23 May 2012 12:57 UTC Go to next message
avatar Wofforduk  is currently offline Wofforduk
Go to all my models
Hi All

I am a newbie here... as i would love to get more involved into the world of 3d printing! i have had the chance to pick up a couple of printers for not a lot - both with their problems.. but the z400hopefully shouldnt be too much of a mission!

I am told that i have a problem with the fast axis, i have read up on another thread that they are common to go 1st.

I have hooked it up to a monitor - it does its checks to the fast axis then at the end says 'waiting for error to go to 0' which.. it stays at 1.

has anyone had any experience? or have any spare parts?

Thanks!!!

Re: Zcorp z400 Revival! [message #48809 is a reply to message #48806 ] Wed, 23 May 2012 14:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
This may not be the best place to ask this question. Shapeways is a service bureau and they own the printers. There may be a few Shapeways members that have experience with their own printer, but most of the community does not own a printer.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Zcorp z400 Revival! [message #48810 is a reply to message #48809 ] Wed, 23 May 2012 15:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Oh okay thanks stonysmith, its worth a shot hey! im uk based so i doubt i will be of much threat Smile

Thanks
Re: Zcorp z400 Revival! [message #49002 is a reply to message #48806 ] Sun, 27 May 2012 10:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar crsdfr  is currently offline crsdfr
Go to all my models
Go have a chat to the Z402 User Group on Yahoo Groups here:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/zcorp402/

They're a great bunch of guys and know all there is to know about the 400 series. They'll be only too happy to help out.
Re: Zcorp z400 Revival! [message #49014 is a reply to message #49002 ] Mon, 28 May 2012 07:53 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Thanks crsdfr!!

Ill give them a go!

Thanks all

W

Previous Topic:Scale Comparisons?
Next Topic:Why double opt-in for Blog entries?