Home » Support » 3D Applications » TRYING TO UPLOAD A WRL FILE FROM MAYA 2011
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
TRYING TO UPLOAD A WRL FILE FROM MAYA 2011 [message #48627] Fri, 18 May 2012 05:26 UTC Go to next message
avatar artofmiguel  is currently offline artofmiguel
Go to all my models
I'm trying to upload a wrl. file but cant get it to work. Im using Maya 2011. I upload the wrl. file and the uv file in a zip file. I check all the names and made sure they match and still wont work.

Does anyone know exactly what the export options should be in Maya 2011for a wrl. (VRML2) file?

Can anyone take a look at my Maya file and see what I'm doing wrong?

Please help
Miguel
Re: TRYING TO UPLOAD A WRL FILE FROM MAYA 2011 [message #48634 is a reply to message #48627 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 09:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Hi,

what's the error you're getting? Also, please try to open the file in MeshLab: http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/ (it's free).

Thanks,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: TRYING TO UPLOAD A WRL FILE FROM MAYA 2011 [message #48644 is a reply to message #48627 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 12:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I moved this to the 3D Applications support section (and deleted your duplicate post) as you will most likely find the answer to your problem here. I looked, and there is a tutorial for Maya you may find useful but it's not dealing with wrl.

Found this outside of shapeways. It's a little old but maybe helpful?

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:VRML97 for Colored Sandstone doesn't work.
Next Topic:Hollowing out your ZBrush model